home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 07-13-2019, 11:15 AM   #31
brp
Add-on Aficionado
 
brp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 15,985
Default

We go at the end of October.

We're just gonna have to wait for the hotel to have our low crowd experience at SWGE.

Cheers.
__________________
"...And your head is spinning from a loud guitar"
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 12:24 PM   #32
Nickys
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
What's going to be different from Disneyland? Haven't the actual reviews already been done? Smugglers Run is 50 feet further away from these entrance to the land or something like that?
Possibly more character interaction, droids, street entertainment. Reviews have shown all these to be lacking at DL, but I don’t know if they have time to redress this for WDW or not.

Plus I assume have reservations for Oga’s Cantina, droid building and Savii’s lightsabre workshop right from the start.

Cosmetic changes at best. But possibly enough to get “they’ve learned from the DL opening and made the changes to make a much better experience” type comments. Maybe.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 12:35 PM   #33
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Possibly more character interaction, droids, street entertainment. Reviews have shown all these to be lacking at DL, but I don’t know if they have time to redress this for WDW or not.

Plus I assume have reservations for Oga’s Cantina, droid building and Savii’s lightsabre workshop right from the start.

Cosmetic changes at best. But possibly enough to get “they’ve learned from the DL opening and made the changes to make a much better experience” type comments. Maybe.
Interesting thoughts although since DL is know for more character interaction than WDW I'd be more than a little surprised to find that type of change there. I guess if that's what you do (blog) you have to do it but I think it'll be creating excitement vs the actual excitement of reporting from DL when it was seen for the first time. It was recently where I read someone commenting how it would all have been more interesting if they made the lands different places at each location. I had to agree with that assessment. They're nice additions without a doubt though.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 08:57 PM   #34
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa
 
rowrbazzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: TX
Posts: 1,592
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Interesting thoughts although since DL is know for more character interaction than WDW I'd be more than a little surprised to find that type of change there. I guess if that's what you do (blog) you have to do it but I think it'll be creating excitement vs the actual excitement of reporting from DL when it was seen for the first time. It was recently where I read someone commenting how it would all have been more interesting if they made the lands different places at each location. I had to agree with that assessment. They're nice additions without a doubt though.
There was talk of all those features while the lands were under construction. I read somewhere that Disney was concerned about congestion in the beginning with the expected large crowds. But I figured they just weren't ready yet.

Surely they'll be coming, right? That was one of the selling points - how immersive and interactive the land would be.
__________________
rowrbazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:35 AM   #35
robinb
Two Bedroom
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Makes since.....I heard the AP previews start the day after the Cast Member previews, August 16th.
Oh joy. We will be there that week and we only have Gold APs. Not only will it jam up DHS but we won't even be able to go to the preview. Ugh.
__________________
- Robin
Owner since 1997
BWV & AKV

robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:00 PM   #36
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,389
Default

Reports on media of return of Catastrophe Canyon at Hollywood Studios ...in other words water main break in front of Indiana Jones and it looks kinda brownish and really big near the bathrooms!
So maybe nobody will get to preview anything if this cause a major delay!
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:24 AM   #37
carolina_yankee
Administrator
 
carolina_yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 30,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Reports on media of return of Catastrophe Canyon at Hollywood Studios ...in other words water main break in front of Indiana Jones and it looks kinda brownish and really big near the bathrooms!
So maybe nobody will get to preview anything if this cause a major delay!
Piff. That's the kind of thing they can fix in 24 hours, especially if it risks taking millions of dollars out of guests' pockets!

Dirk
__________________


carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:17 AM   #38
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado
 
erikthewise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mj2v View Post
At this point, only platinum and above AP is planned.

Confirmed with 2 solid contacts.
I do have a platinum AP. Since I'm not going until Dec and not about to change plans, the preview is not for me. But "platinum and above" made me wonder "What could possibly be above platinum?! Do they have an iridium pass now?"

I suppose it refers to the combined WDW/DL APs, whose name I can never remember.

ETA: just got the email this morning
__________________

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:30 AM   #39
PSULion22
Grand Villa
 
PSULion22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 3,392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
I do have a platinum AP. Since I'm not going until Dec and not about to change plans, the preview is not for me. But "platinum and above" made me wonder "What could possibly be above platinum?! Do they have an iridium pass now?"

I suppose it refers to the combined WDW/DL APs, whose name I can never remember.

ETA: just got the email this morning
Platinum - WDW theme parks only 365 days a year
Platinum Plus - WDW theme parks plus water parks, golf, and sports complex 365 days a year
Premier Passport - WDW and DL parks 365 days a year

I don't know if the Premier Passport was included in the preview.
PSULion22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:38 AM   #40
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado
 
JaxFLBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 7,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
I don't know if the Premier Passport was included in the preview.
It is.
__________________
Michael
JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software