home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Renting DVC Points
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-19-2021, 11:22 AM   #61
JiminyFan
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default First-time renter

We are DVC owners. But for the first time, we find ourselves in a position to rent from another owner. Could someone please explain the typical process of renting directly from another owner? Thank you.
JiminyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 11:34 AM   #62
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminyFan View Post
We are DVC owners. But for the first time, we find ourselves in a position to rent from another owner. Could someone please explain the typical process of renting directly from another owner? Thank you.
Being an owner gives yiu the option of transferring points into your account, or renting an existing ressie.

Id be happy to explain how I typically do things,
If you pm me contact number.

Each owner has their own way of doing things.

Goldi.

Find me in the unofficial DVC Rental List:
http://bit.ly/SawickipediasDVCRentalList

Home Resorts: AKV+BCV+BLT+RIV+VGF+OKW+SSR+VBR
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 11:57 AM   #63
JiminyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
Being an owner gives yiu the option of transferring points into your account, or renting an existing ressie.

Id be happy to explain how I typically do things,
If you pm me contact number.

Each owner has their own way of doing things.

Goldi.
Thank you very much. I hope I correctly send a PM.
JiminyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 02:18 PM   #64
bubbenstein

Hi! Am I just supposed to PM everyone who filled out a form to see what resorts, if any, are available, and whether they have points to rent? The spreadsheet works well if I'm able to plan 7-11 months out, but I'm just not sure what to do when potentially planning a few weeks out. Thanks!

Last edited by tomandrobin; 07-21-2021 at 03:22 PM.
bubbenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:23 PM   #65
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbenstein View Post
Hi! Am I just supposed to PM everyone who filled out a form to see what resorts, if any, are available, and whether they have points to rent? The spreadsheet works well if I'm able to plan 7-11 months out, but I'm just not sure what to do when potentially planning a few weeks out. Thanks!

Send a Private Message to the OP of the thread for clarification.

I believe that the excel sheet lists each owner, number of points available or confirmed reservation, resorts owned and price the are willing to rent.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:18 PM   #66
sawickipedia
Grand Villa

I'm adding an email field so folks can be emailed - with MO registration closed right now there are some new potential renters I have shared the google sheet with and they have no way to contact a MO owner - oops!

Emails are not required. And of course if you have confirmed reservations you want to add plz do - potential renters are checking!

Also I am going to add a field to start saying how many points are available in which year - a LOT of folks are now "sold out" of their 2022 points! Glad to see honestly means the list is working!

Thanks!
Todd

for disney news - check out/follow my disney twitter list of leading WDW news sites

home resorts: bwv/blt/pvb/aul/riv
1982 - PR / 1984 - PR / 2012 - PR / 2014 - DL (off-resort) / 2015 - POR / 2017 - POR / 2018 - BCV & BWV/ 2019 - BWV & BWV / 2020 - RIV, PVB & BWV / 2021 - BWV, RiV, BWV

NEXT TRiP July 3-9, 2021 - PM to meetup!
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 03:39 AM   #67
sawickipedia
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
I'm adding an email field so folks can be emailed - with MO registration closed right now there are some new potential renters I have shared the google sheet with and they have no way to contact a MO owner - oops!

Emails are not required. And of course if you have confirmed reservations you want to add plz do - potential renters are checking!

Also I am going to add a field to start saying how many points are available in which year - a LOT of folks are now "sold out" of their 2022 points! Glad to see honestly means the list is working!

Thanks!
Todd
A reminder - given today's news - add those emails - thanks!

for disney news - check out/follow my disney twitter list of leading WDW news sites

home resorts: bwv/blt/pvb/aul/riv
1982 - PR / 1984 - PR / 2012 - PR / 2014 - DL (off-resort) / 2015 - POR / 2017 - POR / 2018 - BCV & BWV/ 2019 - BWV & BWV / 2020 - RIV, PVB & BWV / 2021 - BWV, RiV, BWV

NEXT TRiP July 3-9, 2021 - PM to meetup!
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote