home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 08:23 AM   #531
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffstreetdoc View Post
The cabins are one bedroom with a queen and a bunk in one room. NO privacy for adults lol. There is a Murphy bed in the LR that allows sleeping for 6. My opinion is 6 would be a crowd in a cabin. BUT all our offspring are too old to go with us so we are a little space selfish
What you are describing are the Wilderness Cabins at the Fort Wilderness Resort & Campgrounds.

The Cascade Cabins at CCV are 2 bedrooms and officially sleep up to 9. There is a king bed in the master, a queen and murphy bed in the 2nd bedroom, and a queen sleeper in the living area.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:16 PM   #532
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Talking Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4disney View Post
Yes, occupancy guidelines do allow this. Prepare to be cramped.
Thank you for the info.

I also think it maybe too tight....

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:31 PM   #533
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
Thank you for the info.

I also think it maybe too tight....

Goldi
It depends on the size/age of the guests. There's actually a decent amount of floor space in the bedroom even with all the beds out. However, the trunk is kind of in the way (we never really found a great place to put it). If the infant can sleep in a crib, the rollaway crib fits well in the second bathroom.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:53 PM   #534
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

What happens if some of the days are available at 7 months, but not all days? Let's say Days 1, 3, 4, and 5 are available, but Day 2 is only available on a waitlist.

Would the system book the available days and just waitlist day 2? Or would the whole stay be waitlisted because it's not a consecutive stay being booked at 7 months (Days 3-5 aren't technically in the 7 month window yet)? Or just Day 1 gets booked and the rest is waitlisted?
Old 06-28-2018, 05:18 PM   #535
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
What happens if some of the days are available at 7 months, but not all days? Let's say Days 1, 3, 4, and 5 are available, but Day 2 is only available on a waitlist.

Would the system book the available days and just waitlist day 2? Or would the whole stay be waitlisted because it's not a consecutive stay being booked at 7 months (Days 3-5 aren't technically in the 7 month window yet)? Or just Day 1 gets booked and the rest is waitlisted?
You would have to make two reservations and waitlist day 2, OR (perhaps better) just book the last three days and waitlist the first two.
In situations like this I strongly recommend that you call Member Services rather than doing it online. They can offer suggestions, and make sure that your waitlist request is properly set up.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 06:00 PM   #536
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
You would have to make two reservations and waitlist day 2, OR (perhaps better) just book the last three days and waitlist the first two.
In situations like this I strongly recommend that you call Member Services rather than doing it online. They can offer suggestions, and make sure that your waitlist request is properly set up.
I'm not sure I follow exactly. I wouldn't be able to book the last 3 days, as Day 3 would be outside the 7 month window, right? The first day (which was the first day I could book in the 7 month window) was available. I know you can book past the 7 month window as long as Day 1 is available; I just wasn't sure what happened if there was a missing day (past the 7 month) in the middle of what you wanted. I started to go through the process and it was giving me waitlist options (30 vs 7 days, borrow authorization), but it wasn't clear what would be in the waitlist. I didn't go through with it, lest I screw anything up with my points .
Old 06-28-2018, 07:07 PM   #537
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
I'm not sure I follow exactly. I wouldn't be able to book the last 3 days, as Day 3 would be outside the 7 month window, right? .....
Sorry, I missed that you were attempting a "critical" reservation that required booking through the 7-month barrier or would otherwise be gone.
In that case, you're pretty much screwed. If it's that important to you, the best strategy is probably to take what you can get when you can get it, and after the smoke has cleared call MS to merge reservations and/or set up appropriate waitlist(s). Again, I don't suggest doing waitlists of this type online.

Old 07-01-2018, 12:23 PM   #538
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Default Carrot cake cookies

So, the Writerís Stop at HS used to have carrot cake cookies that DH loved. They were very soft, almost with a cake-like consistency. Does anyone know where we can get those cookies now? TIA!
Old 07-01-2018, 12:44 PM   #539
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

[quote=ermindy1133;1471163]So, the Writer’s Stop at HS used to have carrot cake cookies that DH loved. They were very soft, almost with a cake-like consistency. Does anyone know where we can get those cookies now? TIA![/QUOTE

Disney Food Blog has a recent article on carrot cake cookies.

But I wish Writer's Stop was still with us.

Old 07-01-2018, 01:13 PM   #540
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
So, the Writerís Stop at HS used to have carrot cake cookies that DH loved. They were very soft, almost with a cake-like consistency. Does anyone know where we can get those cookies now? TIA!
Disney Food Blog has a recent article on carrot cake cookies.

But I wish Writer's Stop was still with us.
Oh no!!! I donít know how Iím going to break it to him! I think this will be a day of mourning...

DH definitely wishes that the Writers Stop was still with us too! Of course, weíre still mourning the loss of the Osbourne Lights...