home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-07-2021, 05:50 PM   #441
stellabutterman
One Bedroom

Do I have to do online check-in? I'm having problems with the online check-in. If I click on the check in at top under "my plans," I get my May and August reservations to choose from, but both are off one day on their arrival and departure dates (the dates are correct on every other page and site and app). If I go to the online check-in on our first day there, I am unable to enter a credit card or make a room request or submit. On the app, I'm unable to select the resort button. I've contacted Disney's tech department and got "help," but now the check in at top doesn't load--I don't even get words. Resort button on app still is unresponsive. I've also cleared the computer's cache and cookies.

I'll call them back tomorrow, but must I do online check-in? And will I be okay if I just submit my touring plans room request?
stellabutterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:36 PM   #442
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabutterman View Post
Do I have to do online check-in? I'm having problems with the online check-in. If I click on the check in at top under "my plans," I get my May and August reservations to choose from, but both are off one day on their arrival and departure dates (the dates are correct on every other page and site and app). If I go to the online check-in on our first day there, I am unable to enter a credit card or make a room request or submit. On the app, I'm unable to select the resort button. I've contacted Disney's tech department and got "help," but now the check in at top doesn't load--I don't even get words. Resort button on app still is unresponsive. I've also cleared the computer's cache and cookies.

I'll call them back tomorrow, but must I do online check-in? And will I be okay if I just submit my touring plans room request?
I canít comment on all of this because I donít know but if you submit a room request thru touring plans you should leave the room request blank with Disney.

My friend had a terrible time with her reservation in March and IT had to fix it for her. Same issue. Days were not right.
Eeyorelover22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:50 PM   #443
brewsard2
One Bedroom

Apologies if already asked...lots of pages to sort through...

Is Disney still moving guest baggage from one resort to another if doing a split stay? We've used this service in the past, pre-pandemic.
brewsard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:39 PM   #444
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewsard2 View Post

Is Disney still moving guest baggage from one resort to another if doing a split stay? We've used this service in the past, pre-pandemic.
I havenít personally been to WDW since before Covid but Iíve heard multiple reports that bags are still being transferred for split stays.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:54 PM   #445
MinnieSueB
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewsard2 View Post

Yes, still moving bags - have done a couple of split stays during this crazy time.
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:36 AM   #446
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:

Have you tried an incognito window?
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:30 AM   #447
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Do I have to do online check-in? I'm having problems with the online check-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
I canít comment on all of this because I donít know but if you submit a room request thru touring plans you should leave the room request blank with Disney.

My friend had a terrible time with her reservation in March and IT had to fix it for her. Same issue. Days were not right.
Agree with Eeyorelover22. If you submit a TP room request, leave the options blank if you do finally get to do online check-in. Otherwise one will overwrite the other.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:11 AM   #448
stellabutterman
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Have you tried an incognito window?
No, I haven't, but I will today. Thanks.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:14 AM   #449
stellabutterman
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Agree with Eeyorelover22. If you submit a TP room request, leave the options blank if you do finally get to do online check-in. Otherwise one will overwrite the other.
Thank you both. I did know that; it was the reason I hadn't submitted my TP room request. But if there's no other reason to do online check-in, I'll leave it blank once I can do it or not do it at all. If an incognito window doesn't work, I'll call IT again Saturday because it's more than just not being able to do online check-in. I just don't have the time before work.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:25 AM   #450
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Our family went on one family vacation, that I remember. I think I was 5 or 6 years old. Dad announced we'd be going home and I asked why. He pulled a Band-Aid metal box out of his pocket, flipped the lid and showed me it was empty. For years I though we had run out of $$ (yes, I was gullible - I also thought my mother spoke French). Five kids in one station wagon - they probably couldn't drive home fast enough.

Back in the day we used traveler checks. Now we use GCs. Personally, I don't like to use cash.
I missed this.
Eeyorelover22 is online now   Reply With Quote