home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-07-2021, 06:06 PM   #51
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
First, I would like to say how sorry I am to read of your struggles post covid. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and pray for continued improvement.

I am really enjoying your trip report. I left your last post unread so I have something to look forward to tonight when we settle in after a busy day with a very busy high school student. Tristan made the varsity lacrosse team! Yay! But, as a sophomore, he will also swing on the JV team which means double practices for him this week. Boo! Your TR will be much appreciated/enjoyed tonight.

I love your pictures! From your pictures, 3 of your children look like you and one of them like Waldo? What a beautiful family. I also love how you talk about your Mom and the wonderful memories you are making! She sounds like an amazing lady.

Lastly, maybe you could convince Waldo for one, "where's Waldo" picture?

Stac-
Thank you for the thoughts and prayers! It has been a pretty good trip so far as far as health goes. Today is a bit rough, but I left the scooter behind because it is a shorter day. We so get the busy schedules. It is hard to think about returning to work and the crazy next week.

I have to admit, I laughed and asked Waldo for a pic. He informed me I already posted one! I had to go back and find it myself. Good luck!

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:26 PM   #52
babysimba
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaB24 View Post
Thank you for the thoughts and prayers! It has been a pretty good trip so far as far as health goes. Today is a bit rough, but I left the scooter behind because it is a shorter day. We so get the busy schedules. It is hard to think about returning to work and the crazy next week.

I have to admit, I laughed and asked Waldo for a pic. He informed me I already posted one! I had to go back and find it myself. Good luck!
I found him! I have to admit, it took me a second look. At first I thought it was blue shirt, reflection in mirror, but then I realized that was too easy.

Anyone else find Waldo? If you are over 40 and use cheater glasses, you may have to expand your screen.
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 12:20 AM   #53
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

Default Quick Check In

I have two days to post on, so I will play catch up tomorrow. We did HS the day before today, and I will say we loved RotR! Fun fact: We got stuck being watched by a bunch of storm troopers for about 30 minutes.

We slept in today, or rather the rest of the family did. I made a mad dash with my princess to Universal to pick up their recently purchased annual passes. We move to Hard Rock tomorrow, and the park has been reaching capacity before noon. I wanted to ensure we had our APs available as soon as we check in, so we can head straight in to the parks. I do not want to get locked out...especially since we are on-site guests. This is an example of how COVID has impacted our travel. I had some more a-ha moments as we were at Magic Kingdom today, but I need to get to sleep for an early morning.

The rest of the day I will add after we move resorts and parks tomorrow. I am guessing we will only be good for about half a day and then retreat to the pool and room for some much needed rest.

Another fun fact: I ditched the scooter for the day and racked up 21.5K steps. I am exhausted, but the body did ok. HR only hit the 130s on the dash across City Walk and after the coffee with breakfast. Otherwise, while above 100 most of the day while walking, it was not too far off for my current lack of conditioning I think.

Ok, off to sleep fast! Thanks for following along!

OKW since 2016
Old 04-08-2021, 08:49 AM   #54
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

21.5 K is a great day! Keep it up! Prayers will continue!
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:08 AM   #55
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaB24 View Post

Another fun fact: I ditched the scooter for the day and racked up 21.5K steps. I am exhausted, but the body did ok. HR only hit the 130s on the dash across City Walk and after the coffee with breakfast. Otherwise, while above 100 most of the day while walking, it was not too far off for my current lack of conditioning I think.

Anytime I am over 15k steps in a day, I consider that a lot. Great work on the steps!
Old 04-08-2021, 09:36 AM   #56
Raspus
Two Bedroom

Impressive amount of steps. Nice work. Looking forward to more.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:35 PM   #57
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Thanks so much for sharing during your trip. I love following along with your family adventures. You are blessed with a great group. Nice to see you were able to ditch the scooter and handle that amount of steps. Hope the rest of the trip goes well.
Old 04-08-2021, 11:42 PM   #58
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

Default Hollywood Studios

I am racing the clock on my laptop battery for now...I left the charge in the van when we switched resorts. I will type until I have nothing left.

So I left off with the tutorial for scoring a RotR boarding group, and I am happy to report Bear scored Boarding group 89 for us right at 0700. She was sooo excited and wore that badge for most of the day!

We were all up and in the car by 0745 with a park opening of 0900. I had again heard that they were letting people in at 0815, so I hoped this would play out. We had plans for Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster that first hour...

We were at the gate at 0804. We held outside for a bit. I think they let us in at 0815. By the time we were through the screenings and security and on our way to Tower of Terror it was 0835. This put us in line early...the line did not extend beyond the entrance. There was a pause in loading as I think they were still readying the ride, so we did not enter the building until 0855. It was walk on from there, so we were off by 0905-ish. I am including a picture below how they space people on the ride now. They give you a number to stand on, so we were rows 1 and 2 and stood on those squares.

Once we were off of ToT, I sent Waldo and the kids to Rockin' Rollercoaster while I picked up coffee from Joffrey's. We had also ordered mobile orders from Woody's lunchbox and Ronto Roasters as we waited for the parking lot to open. These popped up as ready for pick up while I was walking back from ToT despite not clicking I am here, so that changed my route a bit. I think at this point Nana was at Starbucks and window shopping, the kids were riding RR, and I was scootering from that end of the park to the other. It was a bit of a logistical nightmare.

Part of the mobile ordering at Disney right now requires you to have an order ready for pickup before you are allowed to enter the dining area. This was difficult as far as I was jus trying to pick up food for everyone and find a meeting space to enjoy breakfast together. Not sure if anyone has ever tried to scooter with a hot coffee and two breakfast bowls, but my scooter ended up with breakfast in the front basket and me driving one handed...after burning myself on the ankle through my compression sock. I'm sure I was quite the sight...I see a future in scooter uber eats here.

I ended up eating by myself at Woody's Lunchbox, and I sent the kids to pick up the Ronto wraps. By the time I scootered over to join them, their food was just ready. We decided to stay at Ronto Roasters and eat there and wait for Waldo (who had to buy another cup of coffee) and Nana. The coffee story was a cranky cast member who abruptly told Waldo he had to finish his coffee before riding RnR. (He was not quite to the actual umbrella/entrance marking the beginning of the ride queue). I know I have mentioned how I understand CMs are stressed and overworked right now, and we really do try to give them the benefit of the doubt. I think Waldo would have responded better if the CM had not said, "That's the last sip of coffee you're going to have buddy." He just did not appreciate the snark that came with it. In any case, two cups of coffee later, he was better caffeinated and ready for Star Wars land again.

The good news is that the Ronto wraps were a big hit. We actually ordered a second round while we sat there. I think this morning was the day we started to get a bit tired. I saw it in the kids, and I knew I was getting there. I also knew that we had only HS this day (no park hoppers for this day only, another story) and planned on heading back to Bay Lake with Aunt Krissy for the evening for some pool time and our Easter celebration (Christmas was another night!). We took the rest of the morning a bit slower...lines were long, and our boarding group was not supposed to board until 1430-1500. We had dining reservations at 1320 at Mama Melrose's, and by 1130, this is where we landed....

You know there are some things that just make your day good? Well, this day we had a boarding group for RotR, and I found myself parked at Baseline Taphouse at 1130...that's a good day!

We stayed here until Aunt K and Mama Bear joined us and until our lunch reservation at Mama Melrose's.

Lunch at MM's was a very fun affair. We enjoyed ourselves immensely, lots of fun, and I think we may have entertained our server a bit. The kids were perking up with more food and activity.

(I'm not sure what it is with Wigs and napkins on his head, but I have a picture of him hiding under one at 1900 Park Fare from 5 years ago, trying to hide from Cinderella...who did not fall for it.

Our boarding group was called while we were eating, so we showed up at 1434. There was no problem with being late. We just explained that we had been eating. Everyone was pretty excited.

We made it through the queue pretty quickly at first, and then Aunt K broke another ride. We ended up in this room...

Like this...

for thirty minutes. While this may have been horrible for some, we had a blast watching the storm troopers and playing Psyche. One of our last questions was, "What was Aunt K's last text?" My favorite answer sent the girls into fits of laughter, "These Storm Troopers are kind of sexy..."

Not sure if any of you have played this game, but I will tell you we have had so much fun in lines and in the car at the end of long days laughing at our ridiculous answers.

We loved Rise! The kids had so much fun, and Bear screamed as only she can! We all came off the ride talking and laughing and ready for more fun. On the way out of that area, we stopped and bought this for Bear...

I can't tell you how Waldo's heart swelled at the sight of his almost 13 year old daughter in this helmet. For as much as her twin sister is pretty in pink, Bear is all her own.

And on that, I will have to save the rest of the day for tomorrow. I need to charge my laptop and get this posted before it dies on me.

Thank you all for following along and all the kind comments!

OKW since 2016
Old 04-09-2021, 05:51 AM   #59
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Great update! So glad you were successful in getting ROTR boarding group. Its such a tough reservation to get for so many people. Everyone seems to be having such a great time on the trip.....makes me happy reading your TR.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:03 AM   #60
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Congratulations on getting a boarding group. We have tried three different trips with no luck

Enjoyed your update!! Thank you for sharing.

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote