home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-06-2021, 06:01 PM   #301
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
For sure! This is Steubenville so about an hour away. I could try my luck next week here, but if I can get it I will make the drive. Especially if it is true that I will get J&J - so only one drive vs two somewhere else. I did put a whopping 1500 miles on my car last year, so I don't want to get carried away!
Drive this way if you’d rather.... I stopped by our pharmacy tonight and was told they had the J@J vaccine. They’re opening up to anyone. You needn’t even be a customer.

Glad for you Patty!
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 07:17 PM   #302
beansprout
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Drive this way if you’d rather.... I stopped by our pharmacy tonight and was told they had the J@J vaccine. They’re opening up to anyone. You needn’t even be a customer.

Glad for you Patty!
It’s all in the timing. I was doing groceries last Thursday when they announced that their pharmacy was taking walk ups for vaccines
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:16 PM   #303
D C
Add-on Aficionado

DD went to Ford Field in Detroit today for her BF to get vaccinated. She wasn't signed up, but they offered her a jab anyhow. Apparently supply is not short.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:24 PM   #304
Grandbuddy
Grand Villa

Glad everyone is getting shot. I mean shots. We have felt a little more at ease, and feeling at ease enough to fly to Denver to spend time with kids and grandkids has been wonderful. The place we rented just outside Winter Park resort is fantastic. 2 king bedrooms, 1 queen bedroom, and a huge bunk room with bunks at either end. There is also a queen sleeper in the media room, that the youngest of this crowd has claimed as his own - since he brought his X-Box and has it set up there. Three and a half baths. There's a huge mud room with lots of open lockers; 2 large sitting areas and a chef's kitchen. It was a good find for our group. The "season" ended last week, so I'm guessing it was a little cheaper than it might have been a week ago.

Anyway, it's pretty easy to get turned around in here and not end up where you thought you were going. Kind of like life, in general.

There's still lots of snow all around, and today brought a few snow flurries. In the 40s when we arrived, but about 26 tonight (a bit below zero in Canadiana). So drips off the roofs during the daytime and freezing again, at night. Makes for some slick places on the drive and such. I don't know how you people put up with this. It's beautiful in small doses.

Love to all.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:39 AM   #305
beansprout
Grand Villa

Sounds wonderful Jerry! Enjoy family time.
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:58 AM   #306
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Sounds fantastic Jerry! Hoping everyone has a wonderful time!
Old 04-07-2021, 05:08 PM   #307
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Sounds like a great place Jerry! Enjoy the family. It was 81 here today so I don't want to think about snow!
Old 04-07-2021, 09:47 PM   #308
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Sounds like a great place Jerry! Enjoy the family. It was 81 here today so I don't want to think about snow!
It was over 80 here today too. I'll take the mountain snow flurries instead please.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:39 PM   #309
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Well, I've been shot! J&J so will report in on any side effects. The rest of the family has had either Pfizer or Moderna with nothing more than sore arms. (The sons and DIL all just had first dose Moderna). I will say that immediately after the shot my upper arm was quite sore. But it wore off in about 10 minutes. Stopped for a celebratory Chick fil A sandwich on the way home.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:42 PM   #310
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Well, I've been shot! J&J so will report in on any side effects. The rest of the family has had either Pfizer or Moderna with nothing more than sore arms. (The sons and DIL all just had first dose Moderna). I will say that immediately after the shot my upper arm was quite sore. But it wore off in about 10 minutes. Stopped for a celebratory Chick fil A sandwich on the way home.
Great news! And Chick-fil-a to celebrate!!!!
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote