home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-06-2021, 12:58 PM   #1
Breyean
Two Bedroom

Default *** Booking The Villas at Disney's Grand California is temporarily paused. ***

Saw this message on the DVC member site this morning. Not in the Notifications section, but on the Plan a Vacation section when you go to select the dates from the calendar.

I don't see any other explanation as to why or how long this will be the case.
Old 04-06-2021, 01:15 PM   #2
MinnieSueB
One Bedroom

I heard they had IT mishap & reservations were made when there was nothing available so I bet they are sorting things out.
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:21 PM   #3
Breyean
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieSueB View Post
I heard they had IT mishap & reservations were made when there was nothing available so I bet they are sorting things out.
Makes sense. There was a thread here last week about how TONS of rooms and dates had magically appeared as available within the 7 month period at VGC whereas all had been booked and unavailable before.

Could have been an IT glitch, I guess.
Old 04-06-2021, 03:33 PM   #4
globalnomad
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

That notification has been up since Friday, no explanation and Member Services can't get to VGC bookings either. No hint of when booking will open again.
globalnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 05:17 PM   #5
Angel1123
Two Bedroom

There is a 1BR that shows available on Jun 10 the exact day I need. Iíve been logging in and checking every few hours to see if I can snag this room!
Old 04-06-2021, 07:50 PM   #6
pdude81
Grand Villa

If they opened up more bookings than they have units, this is going to be a big problem. I was renting a reservation from a fellow MO and when this came available I was able to grab the days myself and she modified to something else for her purposes. I've also read of people who had a studio and stepped up to renting a 1BR when the availability changed or switched their trip from one period to another. It's not as simple as just taking new bookings because many people had other things in place before this all went to hell. And for overbooking studios they can offer a solution on the hotel side potentially... but what can be done for 1 and 2BR units?

It's really weird that they let you look up the room availability and not book the rooms... and as OP said the note about booking being paused is only on the VGC page and not up top in the RAT. Hopefully we'll be lucky and this is more of a coding issue than an inventory issue.
pdude81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:38 PM   #7
mrsmusic
Studio

Do you think reservations made a few days before all the mysterious openings happened are going to have a problem? when did that happen?

I booked a studio for my birthday in January 2022 on Sunday, March 21.

This kind of stuff unnerves me!
mrsmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:14 PM   #8
mrsmusic
Studio

They have begun calling people (yesterday I think it started) to offer people with bookings using points the hotel side to accommodate since their IT issue allowed many to book without actual rooms available on the DVC side. However, what they aren't making clear, is that this then turns DVC points into those "reservation" points which can only be used for Disney Collection or the Concierge collection. If a person is POSITIVE they won't need to cancel the reservation, maybe it's a good deal - but -
Old 04-10-2021, 10:34 PM   #9
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmusic View Post
They have begun calling people (yesterday I think it started) to offer people with bookings using points the hotel side to accommodate since their IT issue allowed many to book without actual rooms available on the DVC side. However, what they aren't making clear, is that this then turns DVC points into those "reservation" points which can only be used for Disney Collection or the Concierge collection. If a person is POSITIVE they won't need to cancel the reservation, maybe it's a good deal - but -
I think normally it's many more points for the rooms when booking in the "collection". Do you know if they are just charging the number of points that were in the dvc reservation?

Last edited by pdude81; 04-10-2021 at 10:43 PM.
pdude81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:13 AM   #10
mrsmusic
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I think normally it's many more points for the rooms when booking in the "collection". Do you know if they are just charging the number of points that were in the dvc reservation?
I believe the people taking the deal are getting to just use the points they booked with - but - if they have to cancel, those points are being converted, and they aren't making that very plain to people. It'll be a rude surprise if they have to cancel for some reason.