home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Non-Disney Accommodations in Orlando
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-03-2021, 09:36 AM   #21
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Thank you
Peculiar the new owner wouldn't want the revenue of the existing guests and reservations. Disney has proven they can provide service to a mostly empty resort with 2 people per shift (AK-J evening/night shift = 1 BS and 1 FD).
It's being turned into housing so they don't seem to care. Updated news reports say they refuse to return calls or allow anyone on property
Old 04-03-2021, 09:50 AM   #22
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
It's being turned into housing so they don't seem to care. Updated news reports say they refuse to return calls or allow anyone on property
So, existing units are being converted to low cost housing? Or the entire property is being razed to build new housing? Either way, it was a dick move. As Tom pointed out, no real changes can be made without permits, etc. They could at least have honored existing reservations through x date and given people a reasonable notice. I hope that their little project is very un-magical!
Old 04-03-2021, 09:53 AM   #23
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
A deed filed April 1 in Osceola County said the property was sold for $16.4 million to a company named Champions Village Kissimmee and named South Florida developer Carlos Balzola as an agent of the company. Balzola did not immediately return a call for comment
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...yqi-story.html

Sounds like housing.
I cant read the article because of the pay wall but thank you for summing it up. I initially thought it might be someone looking to turn the property into apartments or such.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:19 AM   #24
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
So, existing units are being converted to low cost housing? Or the entire property is being razed to build new housing? Either way, it was a dick move. As Tom pointed out, no real changes can be made without permits, etc. They could at least have honored existing reservations through x date and given people a reasonable notice. I hope that their little project is very un-magical!
I got that idea from the article but not 100% sure. No one from the new ownership seems to be talking.

I 100% agree that this should've been handled reservations through x date are valid. Considering some say the booked months ago, this feels shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
I cant read the article because of the pay wall but thank you for summing it up. I initially thought it might be someone looking to turn the property into apartments or such.
Incognito worked for me on that site more as a future fyi.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:23 AM   #25
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
I got that idea from the article but not 100% sure. No one from the new ownership seems to be talking.

I 100% agree that this should've been handled reservations through x date are valid. Considering some say the booked months ago, this feels shady

Incognito worked for me on that site more as a future fyi.
Ah yes! I forgot about that. Thx!
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:39 PM   #26
MinnieSueB
One Bedroom

That's so wrong!!! Gotta be some legal issues with what they did???
MinnieSueB is offline   Reply With Quote