home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-31-2021, 05:27 PM   #141
stellabutterman
One Bedroom

I'll be sticking with the magic band because I don't have to worry about keeping it charged.
stellabutterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:19 PM   #142
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Android later this month

https://insidethemagic.net/2021/04/m...r-android-jp1/
Old 04-08-2021, 06:23 PM   #143
brp
Add-on Aficionado

[quote=helenabear;1698642]Android later this month

Cheers.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:25 PM   #144
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post

Cheers.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:37 PM   #145
jnoel
One Bedroom

Quote:
my iPhone is my Apple Watch It's the only timepiece I need. Since mine's in a belt holster, it is easy to grab and thumb for Wallet. OK, I had not realized this part. This may be something to try, along with MB.

Cheers.
It also works with express mode so there was actually no need to even unlock your phone or watch. Just tap and go. Similar to the tube in London for example if youíve used that.
jnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:39 PM   #146
jnoel
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
This might be a stupid question but with the magicband it has to hit the Mickey head when tapping. Will the face of the iWatch too or the iPhone? I donít use an iWatch but DH does. Iím not familiar with how much the face would scratch.
It depends on his watch model. If he has the stainless steel watch it comes with a sapphire crystal and is nearly impossible to scratch. I smashed mine around all the time and it does not have the slightest blemish.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:42 PM   #147
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel View Post
It also works with express mode so there was actually no need to even unlock your phone or watch. Just tap and go. Similar to the tube in London for example if you’ve used that.
So, maybe I did it wrong (and I did look at Express Mode and didn't fully understand it), but when we did use the Tube in 2019, I had to do my thumb double-tap thing (IIRC) to pay.

I guess if I had set up Express Pay, I just hold the phone at the reader? Now I even forgot how to do that.

OK, saw that I have it set (and did then) so maybe I'm misremembering). But do I have to activate the wallet card at all? i mean, it's otherwise in blank screen sleepy mode...

Cheers.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:47 PM   #148
Eeyorelover22
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel View Post
It depends on his watch model. If he has the stainless steel watch it comes with a sapphire crystal and is nearly impossible to scratch. I smashed mine around all the time and it does not have the slightest blemish.
Not stainless. Weíll see how things go. Probably do magic bands still.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:06 PM   #149
jnoel
One Bedroom

Quote:
So, maybe I did it wrong (and I did look at Express Mode and didn't fully understand it), but when we did use the Tube in 2019, I had to do my thumb double-tap thing (IIRC) to pay.

I guess if I had set up Express Pay, I just hold the phone at the reader? Now I even forgot how to do that.

OK, saw that I have it set (and did then) so maybe I'm misremembering). But do I have to activate the wallet card at all? i mean, it's otherwise in blank screen sleepy mode...

Cheers.
To be honest Iíve only used it with my watch and with the watch thereís no need to activate anything. I just tapped my watch on the reader and it lets me in. You may have to do the whole double tap thing on the phone but still kick ass as far as Iím concerned. Keeping track of the oyster card is a pain in the ass if you donít live there. I believe there are some subway system is in the US using it now too. I believe New York is one but I refuse to ride that system.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:08 PM   #150
jnoel
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
Not stainless. Weíll see how things go. Probably do magic bands still.
For what itís worth I have a stainless one with sapphire crystal and Iím still going to use my magicband as thereís just something whimsical about it while in the bubble.