home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Disney Movies, Shows, Television, Radio, and Multimedia
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 03-12-2021, 11:55 AM   #1
chunter
Two Bedroom
 
chunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 868
Default If You're Missing the Parks, This is the Next Best Thing

I think the Quest 2 would be flying off the shelves if people knew, just how much of a game changer VR is and if they knew the price and value of it. At $299, its way cheaper than any other VR system. And the quality is pretty much the same as the $1000 headsets. The average person will not notice the few degrees of FOV between the Quest 2 and the other expensive options like the HTC Vive and Index headsets.

There are some great Star Wars VR experiences available like Vader Immortal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g79dnHagRWY

And Tales from Galaxy's Edge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riFyoHSxVQY


And the crazy thing is, the Quest 2 can do these all wirelessly!

Last edited by chunter; 03-29-2021 at 11:25 AM.
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 11:26 AM   #2
chunter
Two Bedroom
 
chunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 868
Default

For those that are missing the parks, there's also the MCParks mod in minecraft that allows you to walkthrough alot of the parks, rides and resorts...which, now you can do in VR via Oculus Quest 2, wirelessly!

https://youtu.be/6rLU6lvQHJQ
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:24 PM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 38,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
For those that are missing the parks, there's also the MCParks mod in minecraft that allows you to walkthrough alot of the parks, rides and resorts...which, now you can do in VR via Oculus Quest 2, wirelessly!

https://youtu.be/6rLU6lvQHJQ

That's some crazy made skills and time spent!
__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:33 PM   #4
chunter
Two Bedroom
 
chunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
That's some crazy made skills and time spent!
I think there are some imagineers who are part of the team at MCParks.
https://mcparks.us/about
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:44 PM   #5
cornbread4
One Bedroom
 
cornbread4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 475
Default

It's not VR, but folks have created full replicas of Disney World & Disney Land in Minecraft. My 6yr son just got into minecraft, and he's enjoyed walking around the parks with his grandparents remotely. There's even a number of working rides (Haunted Mansion being the one he spends the most time on). They're free if you already have minecraft (computer or game console, not ios version) though they try to sell clothes/decorations to use in-game.

After visiting, he then likes to build his own versions of the rides (still mostly haunted mansion).

Disney World (including all four parks and a number of hotels)
https://mcparks.us/

Disney Land:
https://www.imagineeringfun.net/
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 11:13 AM   #6
chunter
Two Bedroom
 
chunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 868
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbread4 View Post
It's not VR, but folks have created full replicas of Disney World & Disney Land in Minecraft. My 6yr son just got into minecraft, and he's enjoyed walking around the parks with his grandparents remotely. There's even a number of working rides (Haunted Mansion being the one he spends the most time on). They're free if you already have minecraft (computer or game console, not ios version) though they try to sell clothes/decorations to use in-game.

After visiting, he then likes to build his own versions of the rides (still mostly haunted mansion).

Disney World (including all four parks and a number of hotels)
https://mcparks.us/

Disney Land:
https://www.imagineeringfun.net/

Minecraft is fully compatible with VR. Normally, you would hook up a cord to your Index or Vive headset and do it. But you can also enjoy Minecraft VR wirelessly via the Quest 2.
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 11:25 AM   #7
cornbread4
One Bedroom
 
cornbread4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
Minecraft is fully compatible with VR. Normally, you would hook up a cord to your Index or Vive headset and do it. But you can also enjoy Minecraft VR wirelessly via the Quest 2.
I did not know that- thanks! I'll have to look into that for my son.
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 AM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software