home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-24-2021, 09:29 AM   #1
captainjack
Two Bedroom

Default Okw

Some questions for you OKW experts. Is the boat service from OKW to Disney Springs running or is it just busses?
Is there a walkway from OKW to Disney Springs? We couldn't see anything on the maps.
If there is a walkway could a Scooterbug ECV make it there and back?
Thanks
captainjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:56 PM   #2
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack View Post
Some questions for you OKW experts. Is the boat service from OKW to Disney Springs running or is it just busses?
Is there a walkway from OKW to Disney Springs? We couldn't see anything on the maps.
Thanks
Currently the boats are NOT running, bus only.

There is supposedly a walkway but Iím not sure how user friendly it may be at this time especially for an ECV. Iíve heard itís rather long an meandering and it does close at dusk because itís not lighted.

If youíre headed to Disney Springs Iíd recommend the bus even if you have a car. Right now DS is a PITA to get into from the parking decks. Itís like a giant COVID party (long walk with people everywhere) back and forth through the cattle chutes and that before you even get to the temperature and bag screening area. Iím not positive but I think those arriving bus resort bus go through a different screening area - confirm this with OKW. Personally, as locals weíve decided that will not be visiting DS again anytime soon. Probably months! They were doing a much better job of distancing and masking a few months ago but now itís just chaos.

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but became neighbors of the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 01:09 PM   #3
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack View Post
Thanks

Boats are not running
Walkway is closed
You can take the long way....path from OKW to SSR to Disney Springs.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:01 PM   #4
DMKEDM
One Bedroom

I was at OKW the last week of Feb, and walked the path to DS and SSR multiple times...it does close at dusk/dark (altho I'm not sure there's any real barrier keeping you off the path--there is signage that says the path is closed at dark, tho) and it is not lit--I wouldn't want to walk it (at least not w/out a big flashlight) after dark!...it's a golf cart type path...mostly paved, but not a real road...it's about 1 mile from the point it leaves OKW to SSR...there's a spot or two where an ECV might have to traverse carefully, but by & large I think an ECV could navigate the path pretty easily...but I've never ridden an ECV so don't know if there are any issues with rougher than usual sidewalks and walkways...the OKW-SSR-DS path isn't particularly rough, but it is not as smooth as the walkways and sidewalks in the parks or at the resorts...

The path leaves OKW from the edge of South Point (near Building 5500)...it's not particularly well-marked, but if you look around you'll find it...easier to find "in reverse"--coming back into OKW from DS (or SSR) it's very "obvious"...this path takes you along the canal, past a bridge (marked for CMs only) into the Treetop Villas, and alongside a golf course...you come out at the putting greens at SSR...to go to DS, you follow the path to the very visible parking lot behind Cirque du Soleil...so, it takes you in via the West Side of DS...

There is at least one (possibly more) "golf cart" paths to your right (as you walk from OKW to SSR/DS; to your left as you walk from DS/SSR to OKW)...don't know if this path also has a way into DS--never tried it.

It's a super pleasant walk; I enjoy it as an exercise path as well as for "transportation" to DS or SSR...

Hope this helps--
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:30 PM   #5
Adelard of Bath
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysDreamingDisney View Post
Iím not positive but I think those arriving bus resort bus go through a different screening area - confirm this with OKW.
When you get off the busses from OKW (and all the other resorts) you walk between buildings to enter DS and they are scanning you there. No bag check that I saw. No real lines either, other than maybe half a dozen people. This was last two weeks.

The building you walk by is...the diamonds store? With the watches. You get into the part of the Springs where that water crank thing is, near the D-Luxe Burger and Blaze Pizza
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote