home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What booking window do you prefer?
180 days...I am an uber planner 23 25.56%
120 days...Closer to check-in, but still a ways off 6 6.67%
60 days...Same Day as Fastpass selection, it will be Chaos! 7 7.78%
45 days...Fastpasses are made, park schedule is set 36 40.00%
30 days...no guessing if you want steak or sushi 6 months out 9 10.00%
day of....ADRs are made for the day only, first come-first served 5 5.56%
I don't care about ADRs, we eat in or on the go 4 4.44%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2018, 06:19 AM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Default WWYD - ADR booking windows?

Some recent posts about dining and making ADR reservations are talking about their displeasure with the current 180 days out for making dining reservations. If you could change that booking window, what would you do?

Let me know what you think?
Old 05-02-2018, 06:40 AM   #2
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

My option for it isn't there so I picked maximum of what I want which is 60 days. Really Is like it all 2 weeks out or less. I love the option for day and do it still. We did a couple at 60 days out for my dad and it wasn't chaos. Well pick the rest later.

Last edited by helenabear; 05-02-2018 at 07:44 AM.
helenabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:23 AM   #3
melk
Grand Villa

I picked 45 days. I like that my fast passes would be all done as that dictates which park Iíll be in on what day. I really never have ďmust doĒ restaurants so Iím more flexible with where I eat.

As it goes right now I make my ADRs at the 180 day mark and inevitably end up changing them.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:23 AM   #4
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Iím good with anything prior to day of. Which is actually how I make the majority of mine now anyway with minimal issues, so Iím just fine leaving it the way it is as well.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:32 AM   #5
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

I voted for 30 days. That was a terrific suggestion, Goofygrl! 45 days would be ok since all of our FP's would be made. However, I don't really know where I want to eat 6 weeks from now, so... I feel like this would really cut down on people making multiple ressies each day in anticipation of which park they "might" be in. And as I mentioned in another post, while most TS restaurants offer good food, there really isn't anything at WDW worth fighting for at 180 days! JMO.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:44 AM   #6
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I voted for 30 days. That was a terrific suggestion, Goofygrl! 45 days would be ok since all of our FP's would be made. However, I don't really know where I want to eat 6 weeks from now, so... I feel like this would really cut down on people making multiple ressies each day in anticipation of which park they "might" be in. And as I mentioned in another post, while most TS restaurants offer good food, there really isn't anything at WDW worth fighting for at 180 days! JMO.

I cannot find anything worth fighting over at 180 days. Fortunately ones we like more seem to be less well loved and I hope it stays that way LOL
Old 05-02-2018, 07:52 AM   #7
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

I do not like the 180 out for booking my dining. The Park schedules are not set, any special events are not released, entertainment for Epcot is not released......most of all, its really hard to know what I want to eat 6 months from now. Heck, guessing what I am going to eat next week can be a challenge! Plus, the whole crap shoot for fastpasses at 60 days out really blows my plans to hell on every trip now!

My vote would be for 45 days out. Almost every aspect, except for weather, is known and I can plan my dining according to events and fastpasses.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:55 AM   #8
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

So I'm pretty sure that we will be in the minority on this but we like the 180 ADR window.
Our kids are grown and have varied work schedules. School Social Worker, Marine industry, Probation Officer, and another Social Worker makes planning in advance a necessity. All four of them enjoy having their input on our TS selections which we do every night. The 6 month window kinda kick starts our vacation countdown and gets the excitement going too.
Lastly, because we plan ahead and lots of folks don't, it gives us a little bit of an edge in getting the TS reservations that we want.

When it's just DW and myself the same applies except for the work schedule piece, being retired.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:41 AM   #9
luvdamousetoo
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post

As it goes right now I make my ADRs at the 180 day mark and inevitably end up changing them.
Same here!

I voted for 45 days out... I basically get 1 or 2 reservations that I know are hard to get and then eenie-meenie-miney-moe the rest. But then fast passes are done and I'm back to square one
luvdamousetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:47 AM   #10
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

I wouldn't mind day of. But maybe 48 hours would be more ideal. Also think FP window should be shortened. I can be a planner but I don't want to be a planner. KWIM.

Owners since 2006 at OKW, HHI, BWV & CCV
LAURA's next trip(s):
March 2-9 BLT / May 15-18 HHI / Sept 27-Oct 4 BWV & Oct 4-6 OKW / Dec 19-21 CCV cabin & Dec 21-28 Vistana
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote