home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-16-2019, 11:44 AM   #41
starry_solo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Agreed. We bought one years ago on the last day you could do so. Spent extra for the special design and font, but it showed up looking like crap without the special formatting. Didn't bother jumping through hoops to get it looking right, but I'm glad you can get something again now that looks better. I should have bought more of those pieces of paper at $60 I guess
Me too! I only got one for me and one for sis, but those were much better prices than they are now. lol
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:28 PM   #42
WiltonJohn
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post
My thought was buying for the long play with all the box office hits and SW:GE coming.
Pretty much ALWAYS buy for the long term.

(I've held Disney for a long while already. I expect the 'long stall' to end soon.)

best,

..............john
Old 04-16-2019, 04:41 PM   #43
Lovetheboardwalk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloJim View Post
Itís not new, but it is less than twenty years old. I bought it solely to hang on the wall - the fact that itís a real stock is a bonus. I know after I bought it, they got rid of the program for awhile, but you can now buy them again. I get come on offers every now and then to purchase another one, but I donít like the new design nearly as much as the one I have.

Edit: when I looked at the new ďstockĒ, it appears itís not a real stock certificate, itís only a certificate denoting youíre an owner.
Disney had way too many people that owned one share only... they had to mail proxy info for voting, dividends, etc. to thousands of people that had one share only... for the graphics. Which were very cool by the way! But it was way too expensive so they went Book Entry only. The new "certificate" isn't really a share of stock, but it is available to shareholders only, and you can hang it on the wall. But everything regarding shares is electronic. Other companies did this too... but Disney with the cool cartoon was by far the most popular singular shares.

Home Sweet Home:
**BWV 1999 **BRV 2017**

**Boulder Ridge Jan. 2020**
**Boardwalk Feb. 2020**
Resorts we still need to visit: VGF, AKL, and Poly
Lovetheboardwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:01 PM   #44
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetheboardwalk View Post
Disney had way too many people that owned one share only... they had to mail proxy info for voting, dividends, etc. to thousands of people that had one share only... for the graphics. Which were very cool by the way! But it was way too expensive so they went Book Entry only. The new "certificate" isn't really a share of stock, but it is available to shareholders only, and you can hang it on the wall. But everything regarding shares is electronic. Other companies did this too... but Disney with the cool cartoon was by far the most popular singular shares.
The funny thing is that if they just announced 5ish years ago when they dropped the paper stocks that you could still order a custom fake certificate to go with an electronic stock purchase, then nobody would have cared. I would have rathered that actually
pdude81 is online now   Reply With Quote