home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-10-2018, 11:47 AM   #111
Adelard of Bath
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
I would love to have a separate Marvel park, so I could ignore it all in one location by not going there.
Hear hear! In a similar vein, I am personally looking forward to the day Star Wars Land opens, so the rest of the park (or parks) can be quieter...

Except for all the people that have been waiting to go to Disney until SWL is open...hmm my plan might backfire on me.
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:06 PM   #112
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Well sure they can tear down Indiana Jones, what I meant was unused space/land at DHS. If we are reclaiming/redoing space, we can add Beauty and the Beast show, and the whole meet-n-greet area/Disney Jr area. Both are under utilized.
Got it.

How much of Star Wars is going into land that was previously undeveloped? I was thinking it was pretty much just replacing areas that were being or had been utilized for attractions in the past.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:24 PM   #113
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
How much of Star Wars is going into land that was previously undeveloped? I was thinking it was pretty much just replacing areas that were being or had been utilized for attractions in the past.
Most of the Star Wars area comes from the (abbreviated) Backlot Tour and the Lights, Motors, Action Stunt Show set.

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:33 PM   #114
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
Most of the Star Wars area comes from the (abbreviated) Backlot Tour and the Lights, Motors, Action Stunt Show set.
Thanks Michael!
Old 09-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #115
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
With fastpass, you can do three rides in 3-4 hours = 1/3 day.

The parks are busier now then they have been in years. Attendance is up and will continue so until the next recession. I know I got use to the low crowds first from 9/11, then again from the great recession.

Park veterans can still go to the parks and do 5-6 rides in half day, no problem. Going to the Parks after 11am is a no go, unless its raining.

I miss my shoulder season trips were walking around the Parks was a breeze. But those trips were post great recession and may not be repeated again ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
Itís true you can get three rides in 3 to 4 hours with fast pass. But it is generally difficult to get really good rides on more than one of those fast passes. And some of the best rides are never available on fast pass because they book out more than 60 days in advance, when people start booking their fast passes based on their check in date but take up all of the available fast passes for the best rides for the whole week, or more. I have even considered making a reservation at some point, far in advance, and far longer, just so I can get FastPasses, then cut the reservation to what I really want.
We didn't have problems on our last couple trips. On our first MK day we hit 8 attractions before lunch through Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. We used 3 fast passes (including Mine Train and Peter Pan). Refreshing got us plenty more throughout the trip. The 60-day thing wasn't really an issue either. There weren't morning times, but we still got 3 fast passes for Flight of Passage for the second day of the trip. These were trips in mid- to late-May so not hugely busy, but not dead either.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:43 PM   #116
cornbread4
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I really wish they would do a HM resort on Discovery Island! Fully immersive experience like SW. Maybe not so appealing to the diaper bag and stroller set, but it would give us old fogies something new to do.
I'm not sure whether to cheer for this one or dread it. Our DS3 is obsessed with haunted mansion. He's memorized the whole narration & song and re-enacts it. He just started referring to DW as "Head Box Ghost" (hat box ghost, but he says it wrong), me as the "Grave Keeper" and he's the "Ghost Host." So he'd love it, but we'd have to buy even more points.
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:50 PM   #117
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbread4 View Post
I'm not sure whether to cheer for this one or dread it. Our DS3 is obsessed with haunted mansion. He's memorized the whole narration & song and re-enacts it. He just started referring to DW as "Head Box Ghost" (hat box ghost, but he says it wrong), me as the "Grave Keeper" and he's the "Ghost Host." So he'd love it, but we'd have to buy even more points.
I hope he got to see the Boo to You parade as it streamed last night! The hitchhiking ghosts were great! FWIW, I pretty much sing along through the ride too. And help Madame Leota with her seance...
Old 09-10-2018, 11:07 PM   #118
cornbread4
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I hope he got to see the Boo to You parade as it streamed last night! The hitchhiking ghosts were great! FWIW, I pretty much sing along through the ride too. And help Madame Leota with her seance...
ooh- we'll have to look for a video of that. Last trip, he didn't understand he couldn't go up and talk to the characters during a show, so we had to avoid the parades. Next time, he should get it. For now, he has memorized all of Madame Leota's lines and repeats them constantly
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:42 AM   #119
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Disney did buy Marvel back in 2009. That's why we have so many more movies now. Universal is the one that has the contract for certain characters that applies to east of the Mississippi or something like that.
good to know;
and to know a MO in the know!
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote