home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-15-2018, 11:29 AM   #71
dvf_diva
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjkmiller View Post
Actually I have gotten full blown DVC cast members. Last fall I asked to check on a waitlist. She saw that it had a match but was pending approval, so she not only got it approved but joined the reservation together as it was a day in the middle of a trip! She even stayed 10 minutes after it closed with me to clean it all up. It was so great to get that taken care of with an actual person.

I enjoy the lounge for a nice break in the a/c and to get a drink. The elusive snack cart is a hit or miss. It is nice to have a break with DD8 when her little legs are tired.
Now THAT is what I would want from a DVC member lounge. What a great experience.

Oct 2018 POP/BWV/BLT
Feb 2019 VGF
May 2019 VGF
June 2019 BLT
August 2019 Celebrity Eclipse
October 2019 Disney Magic DVC Member Cruise??
dvf_diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:15 PM   #72
lisacast
One Bedroom

I have been there a couple of times. One time we took up our snacks we bought from food and wine (the future world kiosks) CMs were very very nice to us. Also it is much nicer and easier to eat the food and wine stuff in the lounge anyways. Nice seats and cool drinks rather than eating off of dirty table or a trash can.

Only one time I got a weird response was the one and only time I asked about the snacks. They said in kind of a grumpy way they were all out and some would come out soon.

I mean they just like little tiny bags of chips. The stuff you buy for lunchboxes. I am not sure I even want to fill up on that crap when I am in Epcot anyways. If they were weird about drinks that would be a different story.

I wish I knew what kind of crazy stories they have about those snacks that make the CMs so weird about them.

Owner since 2012
lisacast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:34 PM   #73
avsheffi
Grand Villa

We've been to the lounge 3 or 4 times and have generally had a pleasant experience. We are mostly there to cool off, get a drink, plug in iPhones, and get off our feet for a few minutes. We had snacks come around a couple of times while we were there and I did feel like the CMs were a little weird about them. The CM passed by our table while my DS was getting a drink. When he got back I told him to go ask the CM for a snack and she got a little impatient with him. Nothing really serious, you could just tell this was a bit of a sore spot with her. She ended up letting him choose a snack and all was well.

avsheffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:55 AM   #74
Ludwig von Chuck
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvf_diva View Post

The once per hour snack cart is a bit lame, IMHO, but I guess it is better than no snacks offered, so I won't gripe.
Hmmm, sounded like a gripe.

BRV owners since 2009

First trip: Nov 76 at PVR for my 8th birthday
Last trip: Oct 17 at PVB to take my granddaughter to MNSSHP
Next trip: Jul 19 at AKV with all my grandchildren (4 girls)

Moonlight Magic: AK x2, MK, Epcot x2, and TL
Ludwig von Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:51 AM   #75
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

And now I feel the need to start another poll...
Old 06-16-2018, 02:12 PM   #76
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

I think I would like it more if they had one in each park and if it were set up where you could get your snack when you wanted it - it would be so easy to have a central station for that, issue 1 voucher per guest upon entry, and use that to exchange for the snack.

Dirk
I second this. What a great idea!
2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; PVB; VGF; PVB; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 04:54 PM   #77
debabe
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Can’t say I’ve ever really noticed. I’d say neutral to somewhat positive, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisacast View Post
I have been there a couple of times. One time we took up our snacks we bought from food and wine (the future world kiosks) CMs were very very nice to us. Also it is much nicer and easier to eat the food and wine stuff in the lounge anyways. Nice seats and cool drinks rather than eating off of dirty table or a trash can.

Only one time I got a weird response was the one and only time I asked about the snacks. They said in kind of a grumpy way they were all out and some would come out soon.

I mean they just like little tiny bags of chips. The stuff you buy for lunchboxes. I am not sure I even want to fill up on that crap when I am in Epcot anyways. If they were weird about drinks that would be a different story.

I wish I knew what kind of crazy stories they have about those snacks that make the CMs so weird about them.

debabe is offline   Reply With Quote