home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-18-2018, 05:58 PM   #1
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Default I wish DVC members could pay for APs monthly!

I sure wish DVC management would let DVC members pay for annual passes on a monthly basis. I believe Florida residents already have this option.

I know at Universal you can do this…we currently have the Preferred Pass and have loved going to universal as much as possible this year. I had to make a 50 % down payment and for the rest I pay it out monthly.

I figure the average DVC member has some disposable income, so why shouldn’t they make it easy for us to say “yes” to the annual pass and just pay for it in smaller pieces?? I sent them an email to ask them to consider it using the online email option.

Never hurts to ask…….

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS21 DD15

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:20 PM   #2
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTravelers View Post
I sure wish DVC management would let DVC members pay for annual passes on a monthly basis. I believe Florida residents already have this option.

I know at Universal you can do this…we currently have the Preferred Pass and have loved going to universal as much as possible this year. I had to make a 50 % down payment and for the rest I pay it out monthly.

I figure the average DVC member has some disposable income, so why shouldn’t they make it easy for us to say “yes” to the annual pass and just pay for it in smaller pieces?? I sent them an email to ask them to consider it using the online email option.

Never hurts to ask…….
Considering that we would need anywhere from 3-5 passes per year, it’s an option that I would probably use. Like you said, it can’t hurt to ask.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:36 PM   #3
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

I’d take a MF + AP monthly option
DVCQUEEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:45 AM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTravelers View Post

I think its sad that park tickets/APs are so expensive that a monthly payment has to be considered as an option.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:08 AM   #5
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I think its sad that park tickets/APs are so expensive that a monthly payment has to be considered as an option.
i heard that.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Shorty, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:12 AM   #6
Patricksp
One Bedroom

Quote:
I agree, I was more upset when my son turned 3 because I would have to buy him a ticket. Paying monthly won't hurt as much as paying it all upfront
Patricksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:21 AM   #7
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post

I’d take a MF + AP monthly option
Old 07-19-2018, 07:27 AM   #8
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

At the same time afraid, it will be lot easier for them to raise the prices with monthly options.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:45 AM   #9
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post

At the same time afraid, it will be lot easier for them to raise the prices with monthly options.
They don't seem to have any problem raising them anyway.

My DD has been able to stagger the APs they have to buy. When it was time to buy one for their son they already had theirs so they just renew at different times of the year. Takes the sting out of buying 3 new ones all at once.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:47 AM   #10
FessParker1
One Bedroom

I have season ticket to several sports teams and they are all going to monthly payments with automatic renewal. One of the NFL teams played in London last year and this year they said because we were only charged for 9 games the price would be more. I did the math and they raised the price by 10% plus added in the cost of the 10th game. Automatic monthly payments are an easy way to do renewals with increases that go almost in noticed. This would help Disney sales and could increase revenue for them along with easing the one big payment for annual pass holder buyers.
FessParker1 is online now   Reply With Quote