home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TECH SUPPORT > Tech Support
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM   #11
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Back in '08 when we joined if an account was added there was another incentive so we complied. This year I set up automatic WD and it pulled just fine but the next month it did not. So I called and gave her the numbers. She compared them to our '08 numbers and said there was some missing numbers. Then it occurred to me what numbers so I gave them to her, she confirmed and we've been fine since. The bank we use adds 4 numbers to our checking account. Us and all our kids have checking accounts there and we're the only one with those 4 numbers. I think it must indicate how we joined.

Either way it wasn't a nice surprise to see the overdue. Of course, then I had to listen to the BH telling me 'I told you not to do that'.
Old Yesterday, 09:42 AM   #12
vwlmom
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi from RI View Post
So ...somewhat of an update. I read here about people's frustrations with IT and waiting on the phone long etc. and I never have had those issues..well I guess..TAG ! I'm it!! Spoke with 2 nice girls (sounded young) in members accounting. Asked me to make sure I'm reading the numbers correctly... ( I'm married, 3 kids, a dog, 2 cats and earned a PhD in nursing so yes I can read and type in numbers correctly! ). Bottom line is still not working....they don't know why....because I am stubborn may call Monday and insist on getting someone from IT. Though the account is new we have had many other transactions go through now. This is also a national bank....so it must be a glitch on their end though I cannot imagine what it could be. Saying it's no a valid account. My DH is a patient man but he's even annoyed because he doesn't want to have to pay them all at once now (he wants some new expensive prescription sunglasses and it will eat into our budget since we aren't charging anything these days...trying to decrease debt so he can retire in 3 years! ).
Have you sent them the information and voided check from the new account? If not maybe that is why it is saying no valid account.
Quote:
Q.
How can I update my banking information with Disney Vacation Club?
A.
Send a copy of a voided check from a US bank account to Disney Vacation Club Member Accounting either by fax at (407) 938-4117 or mail to:

Disney Vacation Club Member Accounting
P.O. Box 470727
Celebration, FL 34747

Please do the following steps so all the information that's required is included:
  1. Write your Contract Number or Membership Number.
  2. Indicate if you want the change for Loan payments, Dues payments or both.
  3. If you do not have checks, we will accept your banking information including ABA# and account # with the information above.
  4. Indicate if you're using a checking or savings account.
  5. Provide a signed authorization to debit your bank account.
Please note: You will not be able to change your banking information verbally over the phone. Due to banking regulations for ACH (Automated Clearing House) debit transactions, we are required to obtain a signed authorization to change banking information.

To confirm that Disney Vacation Club received your new banking information, please call Disney Vacation Club Member Accounting at (800) 800-9800† or (407) 566-3800†, and select option 3.
And so sorry about the hacking part, that just stinks.
vwlmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM   #13
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
So ...somewhat of an update. I read here about people's frustrations with IT and waiting on the phone long etc. and I never have had those issues..well I guess..TAG ! I'm it!! Spoke with 2 nice girls (sounded young) in members accounting. Asked me to make sure I'm reading the numbers correctly... ( I'm married, 3 kids, a dog, 2 cats and earned a PhD in nursing so yes I can read and type in numbers correctly! ). Bottom line is still not working....they don't know why....because I am stubborn may call Monday and insist on getting someone from IT. Though the account is new we have had many other transactions go through now. This is also a national bank....so it must be a glitch on their end though I cannot imagine what it could be. Saying it's no a valid account. My DH is a patient man but he's even annoyed because he doesn't want to have to pay them all at once now (he wants some new expensive prescription sunglasses and it will eat into our budget since we aren't charging anything these days...trying to decrease debt so he can retire in 3 years! ).
But didn't you say it was debited from your bank account? If so I don't get it and it wouldn't be the number as DVC initiated the withdrawal. Then the question is what did they do with the money?! It sounds like it's all DVC's issue and I'd elevate it first to a supervisor in accounting.
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM   #14
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
But didn't you say it was debited from your bank account? If so I don't get it and it wouldn't be the number as DVC initiated the withdrawal. Then the question is what did they do with the money?! It sounds like it's all DVC's issue and I'd elevate it first to a supervisor in accounting.
I had originally put in the number and it seems to take the new bank account then a few days later we go the message. Then went back in to add and this all happened. So they didn't take any money out....

ME ,DH , DS23 , DD21 , DD12

Stayed at : BLT, AKL, BWV, VGF, HHI, VERO, PVB,
DCL 2016
Before DVC Member: POR, ASM, PVR, OKW
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM   #15
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlmom View Post
Have you sent them the information and voided check from the new account? If not maybe that is why it is saying no valid account.

And so sorry about the hacking part, that just stinks.

Thanks.....They didn't tell me that over the phone the first time the second girl suggested that so yes I did that today. Very annoying they really did not know what to tell me and thy work in accounting....

DCL 2016
Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM   #16
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwlmom View Post
When I changed banks I needed to fax the information to member account along with a copy a voided check the would not let me do it over the phone.
That's what needed to be done up until a year or two ago back when accounting set up the withdrawal manually. They have the online system now so there isn't supposed to be a need to do that.

Quote:
I had originally put in the number and it seems to take the new bank account then a few days later we go the message. Then went back in to add and this all happened. So they didn't take any money out....
Oh, that's different than what I thought you mean when you said that the "bank shows the dues came out". I thought you meant the money, not about entering the account. Strange that it's being such a problem! Or maybe not - there do seem to be more issues with the online system than usual recently.
Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM   #17
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Most big banks has many different routing numbers. Make sure your account matches with routing number otherwise DVC can not verify your account before deducting any money.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM   #18
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
Most big banks has many different routing numbers. Make sure your account matches with routing number otherwise DVC can not verify your account before deducting any money.
Yup routing number correct....! It was the bank account number turning red online and they said their was no such account which is obviously untrue.

DCL 2016
Old Today, 01:18 AM   #19
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Yup routing number correct....! It was the bank account number turning red online and they said their was no such account which is obviously untrue.
It might be a different routing number though for transfers. So while that's an actual routing number it may not be the one you need. Although when you called your bank I'd think they would have told you what you needed if different. Years ago when I had a BofA account and had to transfer something the routing number was nothing like what was used on the check.