home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > MouseOwners Events and Event Planning
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 07-13-2018, 02:32 PM   #21
MarkB
Studio
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Eastern, PA
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka24k View Post
In a few past events there were some badly behaved DVCers who brought coolers to the events and demanded cast members fill their coolers with ice cream bars.
When we went to the Animal Kingdom Event in May, there were a group of about a dozen teenagers who kept going through the ice cream line to see who could get the most at one time. They then would either try to give them to people passing by, open them and throw them at each other, or put them directly in the trash.

A custodial worker finally saw what they were doing an forced them to stop.

We saw them at the end of the night. Parent picking them up in the parking lot in a big van.
MarkB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:35 PM   #22
Aka24k
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
This is what I found over on the DIS, with posted emails:

Food Vouchers will be available for pick up at the main entrance, International Gateway or over at Innoventions West.

They will allow you to get one entrée, one side and one non alcoholic beverage with no price cap at the following locations : Electric Umbrella, Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Liberty Inn and Norway Bakery Kringla Bakeri.

Times as follows:

Electric Umbrella 6-12:30 am
Sunshine Seasons 6-12:30 am
Yorkshire Company 6-9 pm
Liberty Inn 6-9 pm
Norway Bakery 6-9 pm

No difference between adult and child vouchers.

I think to use the vouchers at 6pm you’d need to be already in the park.

And Mickey bars still available during the event.
How do these times make any sense when the event doesn’t start until 9:30 PM ? 3 places close before the event starts?
Aka24k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:49 PM   #23
Nickys
Two Bedroom
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 981
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka24k View Post
How do these times make any sense when the event doesn’t start until 9:30 PM ? 3 places close before the event starts?
Because you can get in at 7pm with your MM “ticket”.

And some people may already be in Epcot before that. So it means you can eat before the main event, thus not wasting time.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #24
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado
 
Goofygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,934
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka24k View Post
How do these times make any sense when the event doesn’t start until 9:30 PM ? 3 places close before the event starts?
Because entry in on the event "ticket" starts at 7:30pm. And apparently if you are in the park on a day admission you can use the voucher starting at 6pm. Very nice! There will be a lot of people in well before 9:00PM. I'd guess they are just allowing it at the places that will already be open until park close. Then once park closes they are keeping the 2 locations. I'd be really happy with this. We got hot dogs at the last Epcot event but wouldn't normally have been eating that late as those came only after the event started.
__________________
Three Little Circles
Goofygrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:35 PM   #25
unveilmyeyes
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Because entry in on the event "ticket" starts at 7:30pm.
The Aug 15 Epcot event allows for 7:00pm entry.
unveilmyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:57 AM   #26
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka24k View Post
In a few past events there were some badly behaved DVCers who brought coolers to the events and demanded cast members fill their coolers with ice cream bars. They argued with cast members because they wanted whole boxes of Mickey bars. No lie.
How embarrassing and rude! I can't even imagine dealing with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolaura84 View Post
That's awesome! Did you happen to hear whether the meal vouchers could be used during the 7:00 - 9:30 time before the party actually starts? I don't want to wait to feed my kids dinner until after 9:30. Debating cancelling my dinner reservation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
This is what I found over on the DIS, with posted emails:

Food Vouchers will be available for pick up at the main entrance, International Gateway or over at Innoventions West.

They will allow you to get one entrée, one side and one non alcoholic beverage with no price cap at the following locations : Electric Umbrella, Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Liberty Inn and Norway Bakery Kringla Bakeri.

Times as follows:

Electric Umbrella 6-12:30 am
Sunshine Seasons 6-12:30 am
Yorkshire Company 6-9 pm
Liberty Inn 6-9 pm
Norway Bakery 6-9 pm

No difference between adult and child vouchers.

I think to use the vouchers at 6pm you’d need to be already in the park.

And Mickey bars still available during the event.
What Nickys found in response to the questions above is exactly what a cast member shared with us. I appreciate the flexibility in dining options and being able to eat on a timeline that works for everyone, including before the event if interested. Well done, DVC!
__________________
2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; PVB; VGF; PVB; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 PM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software