home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-26-2021, 12:34 PM   #1
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Default Bar Access - Raglan Road and Elsewhere.

DW and I are coming up on our 20th anniversary trip in December. We will spend one evening (either Friday or Saturday) at Disney Springs. We'd like to wander and maybe hit a couple of bars along the way, but I have no experience of how readily that can be done. We'd love to spend a bit at Raglan Road, but welcome other ideas as well.

Is bar access even available in these locations? Is it impossible to access on the weekends? Any other DS locations you might suggest?
Old 09-26-2021, 04:03 PM   #2
LauraLea
One Bedroom

For a Friday or Saturday evening, it would really be risky expecting to get into just the bars. If it were me, I would make a reservation at Raglan Road, Edison, or elsewhere thru Open Table. When there, then request to be seated at the bar if anything was available.

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:17 AM   #3
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

If you’re interest in a “sip and stroll” Wine Bare George has a window off to the side you can grab a drink.

Otherwise if you really want to be inside a bar I’d also suggest a reservation. Friday and Saturday can be very busy and seating can be iffy even for lunch time.

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but became neighbors of the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:43 AM   #4
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Thanks - this was my concern. Not sure what we'll do. We will have a dinner reservation, but don't really want to take up table reservations just to sit and have a drink.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:33 AM   #5
LauraLea
One Bedroom

Plenty of places to grab a drink. Even the Hanger has a stand right outside. On Friday and Saturdays there should be lots of musical entertainment throughout. Could make for a pleasant evening just taking them in.

Laura
LauraLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:35 AM   #6
MickeyChris
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
DW and I are coming up on our 20th anniversary trip in December. We will spend one evening (either Friday or Saturday) at Disney Springs. We'd like to wander and maybe hit a couple of bars along the way, but I have no experience of how readily that can be done. We'd love to spend a bit at Raglan Road, but welcome other ideas as well.

Is bar access even available in these locations? Is it impossible to access on the weekends? Any other DS locations you might suggest?
A couple more to try - top of Paddelfish boat - you can walk right up to the top and get a drink at the bar. The Edison has a bar downstairs you can stop and grab a drink. At both places you should be able to at least grab a drink, but no gurantees of getting a seat, but if all you want is to check it out for a little while, it should be fine. If nothing else, I would make a reservation at Raglan so you can be guaranteed a seat and chance to eat something. Be sure to try a baby guiness shot or a irish car bomb (sorry, not pc) if you really want to have some fun!
MickeyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:38 AM   #7
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

When I saw the title of this post, I thought "Why would you want to keep people out of Raglan Road?!"
Old 09-27-2021, 12:50 PM   #8
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyChris View Post
A couple more to try - top of Paddelfish boat - you can walk right up to the top and get a drink at the bar. The Edison has a bar downstairs you can stop and grab a drink. At both places you should be able to at least grab a drink, but no gurantees of getting a seat, but if all you want is to check it out for a little while, it should be fine. If nothing else, I would make a reservation at Raglan so you can be guaranteed a seat and chance to eat something. Be sure to try a baby guiness shot or a irish car bomb (sorry, not pc) if you really want to have some fun!
So I need to know what is in the Irish Car Bomb?

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but became neighbors of the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is online now   Reply With Quote