home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Non-DVC-Related Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-13-2019, 12:28 PM   #21
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
Dvc once was a vehicle to stay in Deluxe accommodations at WDW at a considerable savings. Membership truly was magical.

Then with Jim Lewis, they decided we were saving too much and needed to pay for all their improvements to every resort on property.
Then they decided to pad the point charts so we would pay even more.
Then they figured out they donít even need to build the sham bungalows and Cabins, they can just create points out of thin air using the ďlock offĒ premium.
Oh and they can go to Floor and Decor and Costco for the refurbs.
They also decided to treat resale buyers like they purchased a knockoff handbag on the street corner and leave them with a knockoff experience.
Then they decided to take the pens, paper, ceramics, glasses, ceiling fans, jet tubs, alarm clocks, and toiletries out of the Villas.
Now they want us to pay for major transportation installations and maintenance, roads, structures, and pay increases.
Now they donít want to heat the pools.
But we are still on the hook for the original concept of Deluxe accommodations at an affordable price. But itís not affordable anymore and if you can afford it, you can afford to pay cash and skip all the BS.

Thatís how I really feel!

Still not selling but Iím not sugarcoating their product for them either! Iím vested, but the new owners will never be vested because DVD has made material changes to the product. I personally do not want to sign any new deals with these new Devils.

I'll never forget when I checked in to BCV and they told me they removed all the hot tubs in the rooms. "Sorry sir, you bought enough points for a 1BR with an in-room jacuzzi, but now you have enough points for a 1BR without a jacuzzi. Welcome home."

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:36 PM   #22
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Dvc once was a vehicle to stay in Deluxe accommodations at WDW at a considerable savings. Membership truly was magical.

Then with Jim Lewis, they decided we were saving too much and needed to pay for all their improvements to every resort on property.
Then they figured out they donít even need to build the sham bungalows and Cabins, they can just create points out of thin air using the ďlock offĒ premium.
They also decided to treat resale buyers like they purchased a knockoff handbag on the street corner and leave them with a knockoff experience.
Then they decided to take the pens, paper, ceramics, glasses, ceiling fans, jet tubs, alarm clocks, and toiletries out of the Villas.
Now they want us to pay for major transportation installations and maintenance, roads, structures, and pay increases.
But we are still on the hook for the original concept of Deluxe accommodations at an affordable price. But itís not affordable anymore and if you can afford it, you can afford to pay cash and skip all the BS.

Still not selling but Iím not sugarcoating their product for them either! Iím vested, but the new owners will never be vested because DVD has made material changes to the product. I personally do not want to sign any new deals with these new Devils.

Only time will tell the long term ramifications of this change in policy. You can buy an Orlando Marriott week for $1 on eBay.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 12:55 PM   #23
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
I used to think that too. And if I found PoP or AoA lacking in some way, I would say so. But the fact is, they are just fine.
My point was not the room - although, we spend a fair amount of time in our room. My point is that we can walk to MK from BLT and Epcot/HS from BC. I cannot walk to anything from Pop or AoA.

Last edited by bakerworld; 11-13-2019 at 01:00 PM.
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:21 PM   #24
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
So, what do you walk to from Pop and AoA?
Doesnít AoA have the gondola? Iíll bet they raise the prices there.

We bought because we donít like to stay in hotel rooms. We need the extra space and the washer/dryer. We fell in love with the OKW rooms back in 1992.

You want to walk to parks, and we donít care about that. People nowadays seem to buy DVC to cram 5 people into studios. I donít understand it. But to each his own.

We still love the rooms at OKW. What we donít love is the feeling that Disney is blatantly after our last dime.

The funny thing is that we used to spend more on our trips and now we are spending less. As Disney becomes more greedy, we have been cutting back. For example, we didnít buy the tickets to the Most Merriest Party because of the OKW maintenance increase.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:23 PM   #25
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

Quote:

Wow, you just put in writing all the things scrambling in my head. Then add the disappointment of Disney removing a lot of loved extras (Off Kilter, Osborne Lights) and that wraps up the reasons why I don't believe Disney loves me anymore. Still love going but definitely feel like the dumped girlfriend. Disney has moved on without us.
WDWGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:23 PM   #26
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
My point was not the room - although, we spend a fair amount of time in our room. My point is that we can walk to MK from BLT and Epcot/HS from BC. I cannot walk to anything from Pop or AoA.
I get that. I own four "walking resorts" myself. That's probably the biggest perk of all.

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Old 11-13-2019, 01:56 PM   #27
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Wow, you just put in writing all the things scrambling in my head. Then add the disappointment of Disney removing a lot of loved extras (Off Kilter, Osborne Lights) and that wraps up the reasons why I don't believe Disney loves me anymore. Still love going but definitely feel like the dumped girlfriend. Disney has moved on without us.
We used to go to WDW every December and the Osborne lights was a highlight of trips. We are going this Dec for the first time in a couple of years, and I will miss the lights. The trip will be missing a tradition.

Disney has moved the lights in the past. I will never understand why they didnít just move them again. Cost cutting probably.

Nostalgia is a huge part of the magic. (We do this every year....I remember when you were four and we ate here....Letís get Dole Whip. We always get it at least once.)

I am not against TRON, Guardians of the Galaxy and SWGE. They are intended to appeal to a younger demographic. My daughter is a member of that demographic, but yesterday she was telling her fiancťe how much she wished she could take him to see the Osborne lights.

Disney never loved you. They always just wanted your money. Their plan was to make you such a happy customer that you would willingly give them the money. It worked.

Now they seem to feel entitled to your money whether you are happy or not.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:58 PM   #28
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWGoof View Post
Yeah, They moved out while we were at work. I feel like We were dating, and now when I come home I donít know if Iím gonna have door knobs, copper pipes, or furniture!

Thatís not magical!
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:02 PM   #29
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Yeah, They moved out while we were at work. I feel like We were dating, and now when I come home I donít know if Iím gonna have door knobs, copper pipes, or furniture!

Thatís not magical!
There will definitely be a bill slid under the door.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:00 PM   #30
Boundin'
Grand Villa

yeah well I feel like a married this beautiful mail order bride and then when she got her citizenship, she divorced me, and now she gets half my pay in alimony

BCV BWV BLT VGC