home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-15-2018, 05:08 PM   #1
beadel
Studio

Smile Kilimanjaro Club Concierge - is it worth it?

Hi,
We have a dvc contracts at Kadani Animal Kingdom. We have stayed at Kadani several times and have enjoyed our stays. Can anyone let me know whether staying at Kilimanjaro Club Concierge at Jumbo house? I appreciate any feedback.

Beadel
beadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:22 PM   #2
bwvBound
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadel View Post
Hi,
We have a dvc contracts at Kadani Animal Kingdom. We have stayed at Kadani several times and have enjoyed our stays. Can anyone let me know whether staying at Kilimanjaro Club Concierge at Jumbo house? I appreciate any feedback.

Beadel
First: Kidani and Jambo House.

Whether booking Club is "worth it" is all a matter of personal choice. We did it once and are very glad to say "once and done" (no need to repeat it). Our key dislikes are:
a) No choice in view. It is a gamble ... but that said, even if you get a Savannah View, the view will be mostly poor. So, not a good choice if you wanted a view room.

b) We got stuck with an HA 1BR unit. This wouldn't have been so bad if the room design had also accommodated folks who were not using a wheelchair. We were frustrated that every hook/hanger/towel rack was set low. There were no closets, no jetted tub (only a roll-in shower), every counter space was low (very uncomfortable for tall folks), etc. Basically, the room was "100% HA" and really disappointing. The important take away for us: there are no options for avoiding the HA unit and, importantly, there is a greater chance of being assigned an HA unit given the limited number of Club-level rooms.

So, the food was the only real perk. Yes, we had daily housekeeping -- but given the roll-in shower (water all over the place!), we felt the room basically demanded daily housekeeping ... so we considered this perk a wash.

In short, we hated it and won't book it again. (We love AKV and are looking forward to an upcoming Savannah View unit at Kidani!)
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:38 AM   #3
EeyoreLover
Studio

I agree 100 percent with the prior poster. We had the same experience when we were assigned a HA 1 bedroom unit so we are one and done also.

Kidani is our home resort and we stay there also every visit. We love the savanna view and the extra bathroom in the 1 bedroom villas.
EeyoreLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:49 AM   #4
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Concierge level and similar amenities are seldom "worth it" -- that's not the point. They are for those who want the best and are not concerned about the cost.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:09 AM   #5
grayandry
Grand Villa

Interesting. We really enjoyed our stay which is surprising because we stayed in a studio with our twin boys (12 at the time) - we usually stay in a 1 bedroom. We thought the food choices were delicious and plentiful. Our favorite part was the view of the lobby from the top floor. My son just commented the other day that it was his favorite stay at Disney. Also, we ended up with a room with a bit of a savanna view. Not a great view, but it was an added bonus.

That being said, it is a drain on your points. I think staying there would be best if you were planning on a non-park stay.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:25 AM   #6
cvjw
Grand Villa

We loved our club level stay at jambo house. That being said, we were on the go so much since it was a short trip, that we didnít take full advantage of the club level offerings.

If you are lucky enough to book the club level, plan on being around the resort as much as possible to enjoy everything they offer. New food and drink offerings were put out multiple times per day.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:00 AM   #7
goofy kc
Two Bedroom

Folks already covered the issues with the view - we could see a few animals now and then but mostly nothing. And being on the top floor means the overhang is especially low. Still, it is nice to sit outside and enjoy morning coffee.

The food is the real perk. There is always something to eat or drink. Some folks spend the bulk of their day in the lounge, watching tv, chatting or reading and grazing on the selections. If you are a rope drop person, there may only be coffee available before your bus leaves. If you have a later start and take a break in the middle of the day, you could get away without eating anyplace else.

We did it but probably won't do it again unless there is some sort of point issue that prevents us to bank points - the only reason we did it in the first place. It is definitely worth a try though!
Old 12-16-2018, 10:19 AM   #8
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

We use to book Club level when the Sunrise Safari was still being offered to Club Level guests. Having daily housecleaning is nice, if that's a perk you like. The views are horrendous, which is why those Club Level rooms became DVC rooms. The daily offerings are nice, but if you are not there often during the day, its not worth the points. Club Level stays are great for slow, relaxing, stays at AKV.

I recommend giving the rooms a try at least once to experience Club Level Life! You might love it and it becomes a regular indulgence.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:53 PM   #9
yahoo
Studio

My family loves it up there and when we can get it , watch Disney movies for hours . I mainly enjoy the coffee and the Merlot !! We have no complaints about the service that we pay for dearly with our points. HA . I agree with most of the other posters, if you are going to stay in the parks mostly , you will have a hard time really enjoying everything they have to offer .
yahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:11 PM   #10
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

I enjoy the occasional stay on CL but I donít think the 1 bedrooms are worth it for more than 1 night and that is pushing it.

Our 1st stay we booked the 1 bed CL for 12 nights and they gave us the HA villa with no tub!! I was very upset. 12 nights, no tub and 2 small DSs to bathe.
Our only option was to take it and move after a few nights which I did not want to move so we stayed. I do feel I wasted a ton of points that stay and have hat was 11 years ago!

There are some great cast members on CL and we have spotted the occasional celebrity and the new Nespresso machine is a real treat.

If I can grab a night or 2 for my non park days in a studio Iíll take it but Iím not walking or 11/8
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote