home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-29-2019, 01:55 PM   #11
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Glad you got that rescheduled. Though I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t mind being “stuck” at WDW for an extra day...or two...

Me, not at all. Work on the other hand...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:01 PM   #12
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Are you sure you want to take that chance? Have you looked at alternate flights?
I hadn't really thought about that but it's a good idea. I really don't want to fly on a Max.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 02:24 PM   #13
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
Thank you! Just wondering ... does anyone know if Seat Guru is usually accurate with that info as well? I had forgotten about that site.
It is usually accurate at the time of reading. But aircraft are changed so often by the airlines that even seatguru often can't keep up.

One service I can highly recommend. is Expertflyer. It has a free (limited)and paid version. With this one can get info for a bunch of things and set alerts, including equipment change, seat change and many more. Well worth the $99/year to be able to keep on top of things.

Cheers.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:31 PM   #14
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Are you sure you want to take that chance? Have you looked at alternate flights?
Thanks Mindy! I just changed our flights as much as I hate flying down in the afternoon. It feels like the day is wasted by not getting to MCO until 4:00pm but at least I feel more confident of getting there! I'll just watch to see if they change the plane for the earlier flight and re-book if they do.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:46 PM   #15
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
It feels like the day is wasted by not getting to MCO until 4:00pm ...
We used to do the redeye from the West coast for this very reason. Now we realize that the trip is long enough, so we take an early morning flight and arrive at 4-5PM and are OK with that.

Cheers.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:54 PM   #16
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
We used to do the redeye from the West coast for this very reason. Now we realize that the trip is long enough, so we take an early morning flight and arrive at 4-5PM and are OK with that.

Cheers.
The trip is long enough and we go often enough so one time getting there late won't hurt.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:42 PM   #17
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
Thanks Mindy! I just changed our flights as much as I hate flying down in the afternoon. It feels like the day is wasted by not getting to MCO until 4:00pm but at least I feel more confident of getting there! I'll just watch to see if they change the plane for the earlier flight and re-book if they do.
I feel the same way, and always opt for the earliest flight. However, I think that in this case, a later flight is worth the peace of mind. That can be your “chillax” day!
Old 09-29-2019, 04:42 PM   #18
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
I feel the same way, and always opt for the earliest flight. However, I think that in this case, a later flight is worth the peace of mind. That can be your “chillax” day!
You're the best! Gonna be close to make The Boathouse at 7:00 though.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:58 PM   #19
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
It is usually accurate at the time of reading. But aircraft are changed so often by the airlines that even seatguru often can't keep up.

One service I can highly recommend. is Expertflyer. It has a free (limited)and paid version. With this one can get info for a bunch of things and set alerts, including equipment change, seat change and many more. Well worth the $99/year to be able to keep on top of things.

Cheers.
Thank you. I’m going to check out Expertflyer.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 04:59 PM   #20
Syndrome
Grand Villa

I am kind of leaning on the side that Boeing pretty much has to get the Max problems ironed out before they are available for commercial duty again . I cant even imagine how much updating and testing these max systems are undergoing to be safe right now . I am sure they are putting the systems through every conceivable scenario and stress test to make these safe to fly , and gain consumer confidence again .
So far , I am holding fast with our Late January reservation (and its a 5 hour cross country flight on a Max as well !) . Will just have to keep an eye on things to see how the first couple weeks goes once Max's are back up in the air !

Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote