home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Site / Forum News and Events
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-29-2021, 04:12 PM   #451
beansprout
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I haven't been active here in a while. Has MO 2.0 been launched yet? I am assuming not since this site is still active.

/Jim
Look Dad, their building a new one! never gets old
Hi old friend!
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 06:25 PM   #452
WiggleWorm
Studio

Thank you for all your hard work!
WiggleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:18 PM   #453
tseverman
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Woo Hooo

This is such great news. I was so sad when I first heard it was leaving. It is such a great place to come to and catch up on some great Disney discussions and to learn more about what is going on.

Thank you again,
t
tseverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:26 PM   #454
ogguls22

Default Wonderful!

Thanks for your hard work! Will we get a new link? Or will the URL be the same!

Thanks again!
ogguls22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 02:35 PM   #455
Dewy

Default Wow I Missed the Move HELP

I am unable to figure out where to post my availability now. Maybe reading from a tiny phone screen isn't helping me locate the info any easier but can someone please provide direction? Is there a thread here that I can post available points and if not is the new site live and can someone provide the link?

Thanks,
Dewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 02:48 PM   #456
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewy View Post
I am unable to figure out where to post my availability now. Maybe reading from a tiny phone screen isn't helping me locate the info any easier but can someone please provide direction? Is there a thread here that I can post available points and if not is the new site live and can someone provide the link?

Thanks,
Information about renting can be found here: Post-RTB DVC Rental List
Old 02-13-2022, 09:52 AM   #457
4GEM

Default Great news, a Big Thanks!

Thanks again and looking forward to 2.0!
4GEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 10:07 PM   #458
Melk4

Thanks to you both! Your amazing!

: :

Love seeing the magic through the eyes of my kids....
Melk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 06:17 PM   #459
rashba9

Default sorry

yes, this is a dumb question but....What is the "correct/best" way to begin a new post/thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I have some very exciting news for the MouseOwners community that supersedes last week's announcement.

The site owners, Kim and Eric, are working on MouseOwners 2.0 to be rolled out in the next month or so. In response to people's comments about their use of MouseOwners and it is place in their online Disney life, it is clear the need for MouseOwners continues.

Version 2.0 will be built from the ground up with a simpler structure and more tools for both users and administrators that will enhance the online experience.

As of now, this plan will necessitate shutting down this version of MouseOwners and archiving the site. It would still be searchable, but no longer able to accept posts. Members will have to re-register on the new site. This will allow Kim and Eric to avoid carrying over the bloat that has accumulated over the last 16 years and avoid any compatibility issues.

Kim or I will provide more details in the coming days and weeks.

Please note that we are grateful for the core team that has been working on an alternative pending MouseOwners closure. We have been in touch with them while this decision was being considered so that they did not spend unnecessary time on a solution that would not be needed.

There is no Us vs. Them and we are all united in looking forward to vibrant, enjoyable, and helpful MO community for many years to come.

Please remember that MouseOwners is a privately owned volunteer operated site that is borne out of a love for Disney. (OK, sometimes a love/frustration for Disney). Neither the decision to close nor the decision to create a MouseOwners 2.0 was entered into rashly, unadvisedly or lightly. Pros and Cons were weighed with both decisions, and Kim began considering this possibility soon after the members posted what MouseOwners meant for them.

Thank you, again, for your presence and your support. We look forward to building on this foundation again!

Dirk
rashba9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 01:33 AM   #460
cali09
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashba9 View Post
yes, this is a dumb question but....What is the "correct/best" way to begin a new post/thread?
Click on and read the information located on the "FAQ's and Community/Posting Guidelines" located in the section under "Latest Threads."

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote