home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-15-2018, 08:49 PM   #1
Escalade0709
Studio

Question Annual Pass Upgrade Question

So right now we have Florida resident weekday passes and I want to upgrade to the gold passes because we are going in a few weeks and will need it for a Saturday. I was told over the phone I have to do it when I get to the park. Problem is I canít make fast passes now for that day. Has anyone had this experience?
Escalade0709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:34 PM   #2
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escalade0709 View Post
So right now we have Florida resident weekday passes and I want to upgrade to the gold passes because we are going in a few weeks and will need it for a Saturday. I was told over the phone I have to do it when I get to the park. Problem is I canít make fast passes now for that day. Has anyone had this experience?
Unless you get really lucky and find "that" CM you have to wait and upgrade in person. These days I think that's just an antiquated process that hasn't been reexamined but it is what it is.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:23 PM   #3
cw62803
One Bedroom

I find the CMs you speak to on the phone are often incredibly helpful. I suggest calling, explaining your situation, and see what happens.

Good luck.
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:49 PM   #4
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Unless you get really lucky and find "that" CM you have to wait and upgrade in person. These days I think that's just an antiquated process that hasn't been reexamined but it is what it is.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:07 AM   #5
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw62803 View Post
I find the CMs you speak to on the phone are often incredibly helpful. I suggest calling, explaining your situation, and see what happens.

Good luck.
I agree with this 100%. Maybe they were given the "Create Disney magic for our guests" reminder.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:01 AM   #6
Escalade0709
Studio

I am going to try and call today to see if this is possibly. I am trying to juggle my hotel reservations at the same time. Trying to surprise the kids with a last minute trip the same weekend there friends are going. We are going November 8th-13th. The only thing available in cash was GF. I was able to get 2 nights in the middle on dvc but not together. Lol.
Escalade0709 is offline   Reply With Quote