home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-29-2018, 07:26 PM   #11
Zencuda
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

If I remember right, when you call the normal disney number there is an option for ticketing. Last time though I was calling for the dining plan and after they added that they transferred me to ticketing
Zencuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:47 PM   #12
Djohn06
Grand Villa

I agree call and get it prioritized so you aren't dealing with this on vacation.

Also, be sure to check that your remaining ticketed days are correct once you leave the park. I have multiple tickets and the first time I used the Magic bands with my tickets, they double counted us when we park hopped. We asked that our park hoppers were prioritized (which they were), but somehow the system decremented both tickets on the same trip for two parks. This was year one of the Magic band rollout.

Djohn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:21 AM   #13
Eeyorelover22
Two Bedroom

I had to do this and I was able to have them double check at the front desk at Kidani Village when we were there. I asked at check in and a manager told me to check back after we had returned from the park. I had called ahead of time before arrival to Kidani Village as well.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:34 AM   #14
GrnMtnMan
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster44 View Post
TY! That sounds much easier than the add, subtract, pretzel-logic I have been contemplating. So, add the ticket now to MDE and then request the non-expiring takes priority prior to park entry?
Here’s what I’d do in your situation…I don’t like to play the game of relying on Disney to use the correct ticket...

I’d have him create a new family member on his MDE account, and move the 5 day ticket to that person (just to hold it there securely). Then load the multi-day non-expiring hopper onto his profile in his MDE (if its in your MDE, you reassign the ticket to his profile).

As long as you do this within 36 hours of removing the 5-day ticket from his profile, your FP should remain. Repeat: FP do not immediately delete if you remove a ticket from an MDE profile. Disney gives you a window (~36 hours) to get a new ticket onto that profile to keep those FP.

Even if you've already called Disney to have the tickets prioritized, I'd do this as it removes all chance of the wrong ticket being used.
Dolphin 10/04, 8/16, 8/18
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT 9/09, 12/10 - Father-Daughter Trip, 10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/14
BCV 8/15
PVB 8/16, 10/17, 8/18

DL - GCH 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
DCL - Dream - 8/17, 1/19

Universal Orlando - HRH - 4/04, 12/05, 8/09, 8/11, 8/13, 10/15, 8/17
Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, 3/11, 4/12, 3/13, 4/14, 4/15, 4/16, 4/17, 3/18, 4/19

Last edited by GrnMtnMan; 04-30-2018 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Add quote
GrnMtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:53 AM   #15
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMtnMan View Post
Here’s what I’d do in your situation…I don’t like to play the game of relying on Disney to use the correct ticket...

I’d have him create a new family member on his MDE account, and move the 5 day ticket to that person (just to hold it there securely). Then load the multi-day non-expiring hopper onto his profile in his MDE (if its in your MDE, you reassign the ticket to his profile).

As long as you do this within 36 hours of removing the 5-day ticket from his profile, your FP should remain. Repeat: FP do not immediately delete if you remove a ticket from an MDE profile. Disney gives you a window (~36 hours) to get a new ticket onto that profile to keep those FP.

Even if you've already called Disney to have the tickets prioritized, I'd do this as it removes all chance of the wrong ticket being used.
Or the ticket can just be moved to an existing family member who is not going on this trip. When the trip is over move it back. That's the absolute easiest.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:06 PM   #16
Jasonv1
Grand Villa

Also worth nothing that a ticket is kind of like a magic band in that (when registered) it is just another link to MDE.

So if you have 2 tickets linked (named A and B), with ticket A listed first in terms of priority, you can enter the park with ticket B and ticket A will still be used.

Or in my case you had a 10 day non expiring ticket and an AP that hasn't been used to enter a park yet. Tried entering the park with my physical 10 day ticket, ended up activating my AP (which I didn't mean to do until November). Thankfully guest services can undo mistakes like this.

Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:22 PM   #17
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonv1 View Post
Also worth nothing that a ticket is kind of like a magic band in that (when registered) it is just another link to MDE.

So if you have 2 tickets linked (named A and B), with ticket A listed first in terms of priority, you can enter the park with ticket B and ticket A will still be used.

Or in my case you had a 10 day non expiring ticket and an AP that hasn't been used to enter a park yet. Tried entering the park with my physical 10 day ticket, ended up activating my AP (which I didn't mean to do until November). Thankfully guest services can undo mistakes like this.
That's one I haven't heard before. If you have the actual ticket media it ought to refer back to that in the system not to the profile and then decide to use a different ticket media for entry. And you could gate activate an AP? Also didn't think that was possible.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:45 PM   #18
Jasonv1
Grand Villa

Didn't know it myself. I used the ticket thinking I was ok (heck it is the reason I brought the thing with me), but my AP was ranked higher and ready to use. When they fixed it for me they actually "unissued" the AP (essentially turned it back into a voucher) so that when I am ready to use it I have to visit the ticket window first.

This only applies if the ticket is linked of course. Once it is your priority within MDE is all that matters, not what you actually use to scan to enter the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
That's one I haven't heard before. If you have the actual ticket media it ought to refer back to that in the system not to the profile and then decide to use a different ticket media for entry. And you could gate activate an AP? Also didn't think that was possible.

Jasonv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:48 PM   #19
Doug Disney
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonv1 View Post

Or in my case where I bought an AP and had it prioritized, but it still used up my non expiring Park hopper and non expiring single park tickets before starting my annual pass, which I didn't bother to check until after a year I found out, and had to go to guests services multiple times before I found someone who knew what to do about that issue. My non expiring now expire in 2030 or 2040 I can't remember (the furthest out they can do it).

So in short, double check after you go in once to make sure it's right, and save yourself headaches later.
Doug Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:02 PM   #20
GrnMtnMan
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
If you have the actual ticket media it ought to refer back to that in the system not to the profile
As the PP said it doesn't. I was surprised by this too, but the MDE TOS spells it out. There’s a section on ‘Converting to Paperless Tickets’.
Dolphin 10/04, 8/16, 8/18
Swan 9/08, 6/10
BLT 9/09, 12/10 - Father-Daughter Trip, 10/11, 10/12, 10/13, 10/14
BCV 8/15
PVB 8/16, 10/17, 8/18

DL - GCH 3/06
Disneyland Paris 9/07
DCL - Dream - 8/17, 1/19

Universal Orlando - HRH - 4/04, 12/05, 8/09, 8/11, 8/13, 10/15, 8/17
Atlantis - Paradise Island 3/01, 3/02, 9/03, 9/05, 3/07, 4/08, 3/09, 4/10, 3/11, 4/12, 3/13, 4/14, 4/15, 4/16, 4/17, 3/18, 4/19
GrnMtnMan is offline   Reply With Quote