home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 09:28 PM   #361
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Hi Peeps

Cool video about the 7 th grader who was shot at Noblesvilles (Northern Suburb of Indy) Middle School (I mention a few months back, and who's teacher jumped the shooter and saved lives) (Nobody died, amazing)

Indianapolis Colts (@Colts) tweeted:

We had the honor of hosting Ella Whistler and her family (Sunday) at #ColtsCamp.

For those unfamiliar with Ella's story, she survived 7 gunshots in the Noblesville West Middle School shooting a couple months ago.

We are all #EllaStrong.

https://t.co/6zxpeZfY6a

(https://twitter.com/Colts/status/102...544390145?s=09)
Great video Karl. Impressive young lady.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:42 PM   #362
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
So basically Dave is saying Iím full of sh#& and generous

Thanks for the compliment Dave. If it all works out for your friend it will be our pleasure.
According to what I saw on FB youíre having fish for dinner! G is a good fisherman

Phil got home late last night, almost 3 am. Red Sox won in the bottom of the 13th!
I think you're devoid of the substance for the time being

13 innings and then a drive home? Dang!

And I am SOOOOO making a pepperoni pizza on whatever night that stuff is for dinner. I have a distinct preference for non-swimming food. Pretty sure that stuff swam, based on where they found it.

I couldn't believe how fast they caught that much. (For those of you joining us mid-program, G, DD, DS, DGF, DFIL, and a family friend...errrr....DFF? went on a charter fishing boat this morning in Lake Michigan)

At 7:06, G texted me a picture of them leaving the channel and heading out into the lake. At 7:13, she texted me a picture of her holding a fish. At 7:17, she texted a pic of DD holding a fish. They reeled in 19 lake trout among the 6 of them in less than 4 hours. (all of which swam, I'm pretty sure)
Old 07-31-2018, 09:49 PM   #363
D C
Add-on Aficionado

I had a pretty good weekend despite being all alone.
Saturday, after everyone left, I loaded up all of the kitchen cabinet doors and took them to the local millwork shop to have them sanded. To my surprise, they were able to sand them on the spot, so I've been slowly working on progressing towards varnishing.

I spent pretty much all day on Sunday assembling and installing the beam that goes on the front of the carriage house. Two pieces of LVL (laminated veneer lumber... manmade board) that are each 1.75"x12" and 30 feet long. Each one weighs just under 200 lb, and I had to get them straight, hold them in place, attach them together to make one BIG beam, and then hoist it 13ft overhead into place. Good thing G wasn't home to see the combination of ropes, pulleys, ratchet straps, chains, and a block and tackle that I used to accomplish that.

Oh... had to fix my car and do other stuff too, I'm sure. All I know is I've been busy and I'm tired. Finished putting that beam in place tonight, and made some progress on cabinet doors. I hope to have the upper cabinet doors varnished and installed before G gets home on Sat.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:10 PM   #364
beansprout
Grand Villa

Wow Dave. What kind of vitamins do you take?! Youíre accomplishing a lot this week.
Good thing you donít eat fish. It would be old by Saturday :
Old 07-31-2018, 10:18 PM   #365
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Hi Peeps

Cool video about the 7 th grader who was shot at Noblesvilles (Northern Suburb of Indy) Middle School (I mention a few months back, and who's teacher jumped the shooter and saved lives) (Nobody died, amazing)

Indianapolis Colts (@Colts) tweeted:

We had the honor of hosting Ella Whistler and her family (Sunday) at #ColtsCamp.

For those unfamiliar with Ella's story, she survived 7 gunshots in the Noblesville West Middle School shooting a couple months ago.

We are all #EllaStrong.

https://t.co/6zxpeZfY6a

(https://twitter.com/Colts/status/102...544390145?s=09)

Very cool, indeed, Karl. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla73 View Post
OK - but at least they take the edge off freaking Monday

Indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I feel like Freaking Monday is being followed by Torturous Tuesday this week. Will this day never end???

Yep, usually the case, unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla73 View Post
Maybe margarita Monday goes straight to tequila Tuesday?

Maybe Wed will be better

Only if itís Whiskey (Whisky) Wednesday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
Karl, Ella sure is strong 😊. Sweet video to watch

Tuesday isnít great here either. Big troubles at work and we have that beach vacation soon...or maybe not 😓
Hoping something works out because two people out with a small business isnít good. I blame minimum wage increase and good welfare programs to blame for this.

Ugh, so sorry, Nancy. Hope everything works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Wow! When did Brian's sister get upgraded to that level?!? Has she been taking cooking lessons?

Haha, not to worry, Dave. The ladies are just way nicer than I am...

Quote:
Looks like I'm planning my next driving trip in order to hit the right day of the week, too!

What's being served on Wednesday?

See above...

Quote:
Sounding a little Monty Pythonesque in the details there, Brian.

Margarita Monday is the day that thou shalt celebrate, excepting that thou shalt first declare Monday to be freaking. Thou shalt not proceed to Wine Wednesday, excepting that thou shalt first count to Margarita Monday (crowd: "freaking").

Ha, well done, sir.

Quote:
I think you're devoid of the substance for the time being

13 innings and then a drive home? Dang!

And I am SOOOOO making a pepperoni pizza on whatever night that stuff is for dinner. I have a distinct preference for non-swimming food. Pretty sure that stuff swam, based on where they found it.

I couldn't believe how fast they caught that much. (For those of you joining us mid-program, G, DD, DS, DGF, DFIL, and a family friend...errrr....DFF? went on a charter fishing boat this morning in Lake Michigan)

At 7:06, G texted me a picture of them leaving the channel and heading out into the lake. At 7:13, she texted me a picture of her holding a fish. At 7:17, she texted a pic of DD holding a fish. They reeled in 19 lake trout among the 6 of them in less than 4 hours. (all of which swam, I'm pretty sure)

Impressive!

Quote:
I had a pretty good weekend despite being all alone.
Saturday, after everyone left, I loaded up all of the kitchen cabinet doors and took them to the local millwork shop to have them sanded. To my surprise, they were able to sand them on the spot, so I've been slowly working on progressing towards varnishing.

I spent pretty much all day on Sunday assembling and installing the beam that goes on the front of the carriage house. Two pieces of LVL (laminated veneer lumber... manmade board) that are each 1.75"x12" and 30 feet long. Each one weighs just under 200 lb, and I had to get them straight, hold them in place, attach them together to make one BIG beam, and then hoist it 13ft overhead into place. Good thing G wasn't home to see the combination of ropes, pulleys, ratchet straps, chains, and a block and tackle that I used to accomplish that.

Oh... had to fix my car and do other stuff too, I'm sure. All I know is I've been busy and I'm tired. Finished putting that beam in place tonight, and made some progress on cabinet doors. I hope to have the upper cabinet doors varnished and installed before G gets home on Sat.

Even more impressive!
Old 07-31-2018, 10:29 PM   #366
Indy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Pool is vacuumed. Now, time for a little something*, then time to soak the sun and water....

* you know who says this.....
Nope

Quote:
Great video Karl. Impressive young lady.
I agree Dave very impressive .... when i first heard of this (she was shot 7 times) i thought no way she was going to live
.... Very Impressive on that Beam, hope to see pix of it soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Very cool, indeed, Karl. Thanks for sharing.
I agree Brian Very Cool and you're welcome

WDW

Last edited by Indy; 07-31-2018 at 11:41 PM. Reason: .............. Gracie time ....... :) ......
Old 08-01-2018, 07:47 AM   #367
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

How did it get to be August already?

I would move us, but I am on the bus on my phone. Iíd also post responses, but I will save it for the August thread.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:04 AM   #368
reblzmom
Grand Villa

OMG - it is August!!!
Old 08-01-2018, 09:07 AM   #369
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Sounding a little Monty Pythonesque in the details there, Brian.

Margarita Monday is the day that thou shalt celebrate, excepting that thou shalt first declare Monday to be freaking. Thou shalt not proceed to Wine Wednesday, excepting that thou shalt first count to Margarita Monday (crowd: "freaking").
One of my favorites: and the counting shall be three

Followed closely by the less well known Arthur "two sheds" Jackson. So silly but one of my favorites.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:05 AM   #370
disneycrazy
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
OMG - it is August!!!
Moved to August thread

http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...=1#post1478398