home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-14-2018, 06:34 PM   #41
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Tonight is sadly our last night. This past week we had dinner reservations at BoG for dinner at 8:25, with a MK closing time of 10 pm, that meant crowded buses on oir way back to BCV. We were the last that made it onto one of the buses. DGM struggled a bit going up the stairs and a very nice gentleman towards the front immediately stood up to give her his seat
Old 07-14-2018, 08:56 PM   #42
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
Tonight is sadly our last night. This past week we had dinner reservations at BoG for dinner at 8:25, with a MK closing time of 10 pm, that meant crowded buses on oir way back to BCV. We were the last that made it onto one of the buses. DGM struggled a bit going up the stairs and a very nice gentleman towards the front immediately stood up to give her his seat

Mouth is shut, thank you!

Safe travel home to all!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 12:21 AM   #43
Jedimom3
Two Bedroom

Finally catching up on MO after a very long week...thanks for sharing your great TR. loved hearing all of your dining experiences and recommendations,. We hope to try Artist Point one day. Too bad Cape May was so disappointing, as we live it, but glad Boma was good. We always enjoy it . We loved Narcoosee's too. Very intrigued to hear about the Dance Hall. When the younglings get just a little older and can stay by themselves, hope to try more places like this.

and all the fun and info about the animation classes. Sounds like a wonderful vacation!
And I agree with you about the Poly. LOVE that resort, but those studios don't do it for us, maybe one day when it's just DH and me, but not now
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:40 AM   #44
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

We took the auto train home on sunday, which arrived in Lorton VA Monday morning, we made a few stops along the way and arrived home last night. The auto train is a great way to travel IMO for those who prefer not to fly and want their car with them.
Will hopefully be able to post some pictures by the end of the week. Some thoughts on the trip....
1. Since we have gone so many times, I did not worry about FP - and did not book Pandora - big mistake, kids were looking for that. Interesting how parks can grow with the kids -when kids were small they loved MK, now their two favorite parks are Epcot an AK
2. Booked too many days at HS - since toy story was new, I booked FP there 4 days in a row - kids thought slinky dog was good, as someone else posted almost a SDMT type of ride
3. Never too old for MK - Space mountain, splash mountain still kids favorites and of course Pirates of the Carribean are still on their must do list.
4. Epcot - favorite park - Especially the world showcase (which when the kids were small they had no interest in, now they are there all the time)
5. DS (aka DTD) - still enjoy it there. Kids love Uniquo store, esepcially since they just signed Roger Federrer. Boathouse is fantastic.
6. Tennis is hard to find on the MK side. No tennis courts at poly or GFV and BLT/contemporary only have 1 court.
7. We did the DVC tour, which I have wanted to do every year since we first go interested, We did get FP's and got to see CCV, since I purchased there without seeing the resort. I like the resort, but my only complaint is transportation - to get to GFV or poly from CCV one must take the boat to MK, then change boats to the resort launch. So the CCV boat travels from CCV to BLT to MK while the GFV/Poly only does those two then MK. Wish the ferry connected all the resorts on that side. Question for WLV owners ...do you ever feel landlocked there? Resort is beautiful, but would have liked an easier way to get to the other resorts on that side
8. Since we had to go offsite most mornings for DS1 tennis, we discovered a a couple restaurants down 192, one was Little Greek which had great Gyros!
9. We had the deluxe dining plan most of the stay, which I would never do again. TiW is a much better deal for my family. I feel like with the deluxe you almost feel like you have to get an appetizer and dessert with each meal since you have basically prepaid for it.

My kids are now 16 and 18 - they were only 4 and 6 when we started coming so long ago - time goes quickly.
Next year, we are doing another grand family gathering, which oddly enough will be 10 years from our last Grand family gathering which back ten years ago the ages were 6 to 89 next year the ages will be 17 to 89.