home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > RENT / TRADE / TRANSFER BOARD > Rent / Trade / Transfer Board > Rules, Guidelines, and Helpful Tips - MUST READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
administrator
Ms. Personality

Exclamation ➤ 3) Posting Rules: READ or Be Deleted!

ALL DVC MEMBERS PLACING ADS, PLEASE READ THIS POST!

Hint: Think of this section of the RTB as the equivalent of the classified ads section of the newspaper, and these rules will make a lot of sense!

Effective 2/3/14, DVC owners will only be allowed to post a maximum of 10 advertisement-threads per calendar year in the relevant RTB sections (i.e., "Confirmed Reservations..." and "Points Available for Transfer").

New threads in these sections will require administrative approval, and thus, likely will not be viewable immediately.

Approval may take up to 48 hours, and even longer on holidays. Please allow 72 hours (from your original posting) to elapse before attempting to repost your ad. In other words, do NOT double-post the ad!

If your ad is not approved within 72 hours, you may assume that it has been declined and subsequently deleted without explanation or notice.

Why without notice? Because I honestly don't have the time to explain to every poster what is missing or required in their ads. If you are going to post on the RTB, I expect you to familiarize yourself with the rules. Thus, please do not contact me to ask me why your ad was not approved. It's neither my inclination nor responsibility to make sure you understand the rules.

The fact that one ad may not be accepted does not mean that a second ad will not be accepted. Unless you aggravate me mightily, my general take is, "If it fits, it ships."

Generally speaking, ads will be denied/deleted for seven possible reasons:

(1) You have exceeded your yearly ad limit.

(2) You have not followed the RTB rules and posting guidelines.

(3) You have contacted me prior to the 48-hour posting approval allowance and thus, irritated me.

(4) You are engaging in rampant price gouging; if you're going to charge $20-25 per point, you're damn well going to give me some of it.

(5) You have posted in the wrong forum (this will usually result in a RTB banning, since people are likely to do this in an attempt to garner more ad views or thwart the new posting rules) or have double-posted.

(6) You have not included a price in your ad.

(7) You have mashed together two or more different ads. For example, if you are trying to rent a reservation for BCV in July and a reservation for VWL in December, you will need to place two separate ads. Or if you want to rent out significant numbers of points from two different resorts.

If your ad is deleted, said ad STILL COUNTS toward the yearly limit! Thus, it is in your best interests to read, mark, and inwardly digest the RTB posting rules before placing an ad!

Please note that approved threads cannot be bumped and/or changed indefinitely. Each approved thread may be bumped ONCE per day. However, all threads in these categories will be removed approximately one month after the initial posting date.

Owners may, of course, respond to prospective renters in the "Reservations Wanted" and "Points Transfers Wanted" sections of the RTB.

Please do not create multiple accounts in an attempt to thwart the new posting restrictions. Violators will be banned permanently.

NOTE: If you are a participating, active member of MO (i.e., not just a RTB-user or a fluff poster), exceptions to this rule may be made on a case-by-case basis.

I will be creating a stickied thread in the RTB section that indicates the number of threads any owners post in each of these areas. When the limit of 10 threads has been reached, owners will be prevented from posting in these areas.

Note that previous posting guidelines and restrictions REMAIN IN EFFECT! You can find them HERE.

Thank you for your cooperation.

DISCLAIMER: This forum is intended to serve as a "classified ads" section of the site. The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com is not involved in the actual transactions between the parties involved. In this regard, we have no control over the truth or accuracy of the listings or the abilities of the parties to complete the transactions, and cannot and will not be held responsible for same.

Last edited by DVC Information; 04-18-2015 at 04:24 PM.