home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Bibbity Bobbity Buying
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-09-2017, 09:10 AM   #1
PinkDisney29
Studio

Default Shop Disney Parks

Has anyone shopped on the Shop Disney Parks App? Have you noticed it takes a really long time to get anything? The last time it took about 2.5 to 3 weeks. This time I ordered a week ago and it still hasn't shipped. Now with the hurricane I'm assuming it is going to be a while! Has anyone else had a similar experience or is it just me? We just got back a week and a half ago, but opted to order souvenirs instead of lugging them home. Maybe next time I will have to just get them while I'm there.

Thanks!
PinkDisney29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #2
DisneyPhD
One Bedroom

We ordered a few things from the disney store online last weekend and have not received notice that it has shipped yet. No charge on the credit card either. I don't know that it ships from FL. The last time we got something from the online site, it was from Memphis TN.
Old 09-09-2017, 04:41 PM   #3
PinkDisney29
Studio

That was I so remember some items from my last purchase coming from Memphis. I actually just received two of several items ordered never notified they were shipped and credit card still not charged! So strange!
PinkDisney29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:10 PM   #4
JudieHopps
One Bedroom

Yup, they are slow! And the ship app is awful! It's so hard being used to Amazon. I ordered something 8/11 and finally received notice that it shipped, yet tracking does not show anything yet. If I remember from my last purchase it won't. It will just show up.
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:13 PM   #5
bluecruiser
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Based on my experience, the app takes longer than the online Disney Store.

On 3 orders I placed via the Shop Disney Parks app, the time between order and receipt was 7-9 calendar days (average 8).
On 13 orders via the online Disney Store, the time between order and receipt was 4-9 calendar days (average 6).
Old 09-10-2017, 09:19 AM   #6
philmation
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudieHopps View Post
Yup, they are slow! And the ship app is awful! It's so hard being used to Amazon. I ordered something 8/11 and finally received notice that it shipped, yet tracking does not show anything yet. If I remember from my last purchase it won't. It will just show up.
I agree 100%
So true, Amazon spoils us by getting our orders in 2 days!
We do like the shop Disney Parks app overall though... It's nice to be able to order those items you forgot to pick up during your stay and also wonderful that you get your DVC or Passholder discount too!
Old 09-10-2017, 10:51 AM   #7
ealvarado8899
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkDisney29 View Post
Has anyone shopped on the Shop Disney Parks App? Have you noticed it takes a really long time to get anything? The last time it took about 2.5 to 3 weeks. This time I ordered a week ago and it still hasn't shipped. Now with the hurricane I'm assuming it is going to be a while! Has anyone else had a similar experience or is it just me? We just got back a week and a half ago, but opted to order souvenirs instead of lugging them home. Maybe next time I will have to just get them while I'm there.

Thanks!
I ordered several things from it for the exact same reason you did. They all shipped next business day or day after. I also just ordered the wife a dooney and bourke handbag Tuesday and it shipped next day. It's the only way I know of to get my AP discount online. So for me, no problems.
2009 - Off site - Christmas
2012 - Polynesian - October
2015 - Art of Animation - Christmas week
2016 - Purchase DVC!
2016 - SSR - Thanksgiving Week
2017 - SSR - June
2017 - BWV - June
2018 - SSR - March - Spring Break

----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:15 PM   #8
MamaB24
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkDisney29 View Post

Thanks!
In the past I have had no issue with app or online store. However, this past July I got a jump on DDs' birthday and ordered a costume and jewelry on the app for their birthday which was in the last week of August...

Well, the package shipped via UPS on time, and they provided tracking via UPS. However, UPS then drops the package at my "local post office" (I use quotes because I am still unsure where they actually dropped it off) to be delivered to my house. Well, three weeks later, no package, no tracking number. I was told to go to my post office, which I did, and no package. (Now, in defense of Disney, our post office is the worst post office I have ever ever ever ever ever dealt with...I mean horrible.) So, I emailed Disney again and asked if there was any other recourse beyond "check with your local post office," to which they replied, please call. Call I did. They honored the sale price I had nabbed the costume and jewelry at and "for a one time convenience" gave me free express shipping. While I was happy they honored the price, I was a bit put off with the tone of the free shipping offer. The CM acted as if I was being given a gift. I guess Disney has spoiled me, because whenever there is a problem on their end they typically fix it. My only other suggestion was that if they want to turn over shipping to local post offices, they get additional tracking numbers....

And by the way, the second attempt was prompt and perfect. I still have never seen my first package.

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote