home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Default Guide to Character Dining

Currently, Disney World offers eleven Character Dining locations. Here is a list of the locations, what characters to expect and type of dining experience.

Be Our Guest - Magic Kingdom - characters at dinner only. Beast

Cape May Buffet - Beach Club Resort - characters at breakfast only. Goofy, Minnie and Donald Duck - in Beach Attire. Buffet

Chef Mickey’s - Contemporary Resort - breakfast and dinner. Chef Mickey, Minnie, Chef Goofy, Donald, Pluto. Buffet

Garden Grill - Epcot - dinner. Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale. Family Style

Crystal Palace - Magic Kingdom - breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Tigger. Buffet

Hollywood & Vine - Disney’s Hollywood Studios - breakfast and lunch. Disney Junior characters Handy Manny, Agent Oso, June & Jake.

‘Ohana - Polynesian Resort - characters at breakfast only. Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, Goofy, and Pluto. Family Style

1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian Resort -breakfast and dinner. Supercalifragilistic Breakfast with a variety of characters. Currently there are Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, and the Mad Hatter. Dinner - Cinderella's Gala Feast - Regulars include Cinderella and Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia, Drizella, and the Fairy Godmother. Buffet

Tusker House - Animal Kingdom - breakfast and lunch. Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Mickey. Buffet

Cinderella’s Royal Table - Magic Kingdom - breakfast, lunch and dinner. Characters vary, but almost always include Cinderella and may include Ariel, Aurora, Jasmine and Snow White. Fixed Price, limited choice of appetizer, entree and desert.

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Epcot - Breakfast characters: Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Mary Poppins. Lunch and Dinner are Norwegian style dining with Disney Princesses, too (including the occasional visit from Ariel in her gown). Family Style

Garden Grove - Swan Hotel - breakfast and dinner. Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday features Goofy and Pluto. Dinner Monday and Friday - Timon and Rafiki; All other nights Goofy and Pluto. Buffet

* Note: Characters listed are not guaranteed and may change.

** ADR's are highly recommended!!!!

Last edited by tomandrobin; 01-03-2013 at 08:35 PM.
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
DisneyTravelers
Grand Villa

Well said! Many thanks for compiling that info! We should all follow up with posts including photos of the best dishes and character visits!

Trip Report:
The Tale of Two Trips - The Princesses & The Dudes Take On NYE
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=134143

Spring Break Trip Report / How To Beat The Crowds & Still Have FUN!
http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64670

First Time Cruiser Trip Report http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=87522

Me DH DS22 DD16

DisneyTravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
markandtodd
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Garden Grove - Swan Hotel - breakfast and dinner. Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday features Goofy and Pluto. Dinner Monday and Friday - Timon and Rafiki; All other nights Goofy and Pluto. Buffet
Just wanted to add that they often include Chip 'n' Dale on weekends. We were there for a Friday seafood buffet back in January and had unbelievable multiple interactions with Goofy, Pluto, Chip 'n' Dale. Goofy walked hand in hand around the restaurant with Sebastian for a good 10 minutes because of the light crowd. It was well worth the price, and the food was outstanding.

markandtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by markandtodd View Post
Just wanted to add that they often include Chip 'n' Dale on weekends. We were there for a Friday seafood buffet back in January and had unbelievable multiple interactions with Goofy, Pluto, Chip 'n' Dale. Goofy walked hand in hand around the restaurant with Sebastian for a good 10 minutes because of the light crowd. It was well worth the price, and the food was outstanding.
We have not been to Garden Grove since 2007, first trip that we took my brother's family. We need to go back.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #5
jmark
Two Bedroom

Good list. Just wanted to add that at Hollywood & Vine Leo has been replaced by Jake from Jake and the Never land Pirates. Also at Cinderella's Royal Table (at least for breakfast) I believe its usually Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Princess Aurora, and Belle (although they could swap out a princess if need be). The things you know when you have preschoolers!
jmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #6
Sir Aaron
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmark View Post
Good list. Just wanted to add that at Hollywood & Vine Leo has been replaced by Jake from Jake and the Never land Pirates. Also at Cinderella's Royal Table (at least for breakfast) I believe its usually Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Princess Aurora, and Belle (although they could swap out a princess if need be). The things you know when you have preschoolers!
Good to know.

Cinderella's Table books up quickly while some of others are easier to get reservations. I've noticed that. I'm four months out from my next trip and I'm not able to get any reservations whatsoever for the full ten days for Cinderella's Royal Table or Chef Mickey's but I was able to get into 1900 and Akershus pretty easily.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #7
Wilkeroo
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmark View Post
We had lunch last week at Hollywood and Vine and my kids were so excited to have Jake there instead of Leo. I know the food at H & V is not stellar, but my kids LOVE the interaction with the characters and the hosts when they have them up dancing to the Disney Junior songs and parading around the restaurant
Wilkeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:19 AM   #8
jedwards
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Currently, Disney World offers eleven Character Dining locations. Here is a list of the locations, what characters to expect and type of dining experience.

Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Epcot - Breakfast characters: Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Mary Poppins. Lunch and Dinner are Norwegian style dining with Disney Princesses, too (including the occasional visit from Ariel in her gown). Family Style

* Note: Characters listed are not guaranteed and may change.

** ADR's are highly recommended!!!!
Just wanted to say that Jasmine was not at Akershush when we went, I probably would not have noticed, but DH missed her horribly
jedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #9
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedwards View Post
Just wanted to say that Jasmine was not at Akershush when we went, I probably would not have noticed, but DH missed her horribly

Haha, understandable, a noticeable omission...

I think she's only been there about 50% of the times I've gone thus far.

Oh well. Thanks for the nice compilation, Tom.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #10
dvcnewbie1212
Grand Villa

thanks for the list, very helpful for planning
2012 AKV 1st DVC visit
2013 SSR waterpark trip
2013 AKV Girls Only
2014 DCL,VB,OKW
2015 PVB & AKV
dvcnewbie1212 is offline   Reply With Quote