home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-26-2019, 06:23 AM   #1
cornbread4
One Bedroom

Default Epcot Space 220 opening winter 2019

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...ce-restaurant/

I had been watching this since info first started trickling out and was interested in possibly going on next trip or two. DE was so-so. Then two weeks ago, our DS4 got obsessed with the planets. “Daddy, do we have any jetpacks? No, how about a spaceship? Rocket boots?” I love how kids minds work! He got mad at DW last night when she told him there was no air he could breath on Neptune. Or Pluto. Or Saturn... Working on a trip to an observatory or museum with space exhibit.

So, it looks Space 220 will open this winter in 2019. Has anyone seen when reservations will become available? I’m sure it will be popular and want to do my best to try and get one. We will be there in December and really hoping to surprise him.
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:29 AM   #2
bassetbeauty
Grand Villa

This seems exciting. We are there in January.
bassetbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:58 AM   #3
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Sounds like fun to me! We are there in January also and hope it will be open by then.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:16 AM   #4
MMC1
Grand Villa

Along with the link , I notice the food blog offers a registration to get advance notice for the newest dining announcements. Might be a good idea to register since dining reservations at Epcot will be recommended for the holidays. You will be competing with dining packages for Candlelight ...
But sounds perfect for your family plans !
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 12:18 PM   #5
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

No announcement yet on when reservations will be available, but no specific date for restaurant opening yet, either. I'm sure if opening by end of this year we'll hear very soon. Enjoy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 04:02 PM   #6
disneyteach
Grand Villa

We are very much looking forward to trying this on our February trip! I posted last week wondering if anyone had heard when reservations might open. When they announced the name yesterday I even checked MDE to see if it might be open. Nothing yet.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:51 PM   #7
MouseOfCards
Two Bedroom

Looks so cool! Thanks for sharing.
MouseOfCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:41 PM   #8
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbread4 View Post
https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...ce-restaurant/

So, it looks Space 220 will open this winter in 2019. Has anyone seen when reservations will become available? I’m sure it will be popular and want to do my best to try and get one. We will be there in December and really hoping to surprise him.
Winter doesn't start until December 21st, 2019 and ends March 19, 2020.

Often, when Disney has made announcements using seasons it typically means the calendar definitions of the seasons, not the general public's understanding of the seasons.

As an example of the difference, summer doesn't officially end until September 23, 2019 (fall equinox) but most people would say "summer" ends long before that.

My takeaway from Disney using the term "Winter" for the opening is the earliest the restaurant will be open is the end of December, to as late at the middle of March 2020.

My guess is it will not be open for anyone who has a Christmas/NYE trip planned. I was really hoping it would be open then but I am not counting on it. A restaurant opening is difficult enough during a slower time of the year. To open it just in time for the busiest two weeks of the year? Not likely.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 02:50 PM   #9
cornbread4
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Along with the link , I notice the food blog offers a registration to get advance notice for the newest dining announcements. Might be a good idea to register since dining reservations at Epcot will be recommended for the holidays. You will be competing with dining packages for Candlelight ...
But sounds perfect for your family plans !
Good idea- registering now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post

Often, when Disney has made announcements using seasons it typically means the calendar definitions of the seasons, not the general public's understanding of the seasons.
shoot- well, not much we can do but wait and see. but good to temper expectations.
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:17 PM   #10
disneyteach
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post

As an example of the difference, summer doesn't officially end until September 23, 2019 (fall equinox) but most people would say "summer" ends long before that.

My takeaway from Disney using the term "Winter" for the opening is the earliest the restaurant will be open is the end of December, to as late at the middle of March 2020.

My guess is it will not be open for anyone who has a Christmas/NYE trip planned. I was really hoping it would be open then but I am not counting on it. A restaurant opening is difficult enough during a slower time of the year. To open it just in time for the busiest two weeks of the year? Not likely.

I understand what you are saying here, but I don't think they would have said 2019 if they did not intend to open it in 2019. Could be wrong, but that's what I think.
disneyteach is offline   Reply With Quote