home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-21-2019, 07:56 PM   #581
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
What do you call a collective of WDW princesses?
????
Wait for it...
????
A glitter of princesses!
You are welcome...
Thanks!
I had almost wondered about that.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:04 PM   #582
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
Yup, they sure did. It took an hour (painful), but he was super patient and worked w/me the whole time to take care of it.

What does this mean? That I can't cancel, / update, or what?
MS had to make the ADR reservations for the split and I could do no modifying whatsoever (4 separate split stay trips). No canceling, no time change etc.
Had to call MS each time.
DVCjj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:42 PM   #583
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

BWV question: If I'm lucky enough to grab a 2br standard view and then it turns out that my parents don't come, can I break up the room to just keep the studio or 1bd or do I have to give up the entire reservation and make a new one?
Old 10-22-2019, 12:54 PM   #584
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
BWV question: If I'm lucky enough to grab a 2br standard view and then it turns out that my parents don't come, can I break up the room to just keep the studio or 1bd or do I have to give up the entire reservation and make a new one?
You would have to cancel and rebook.

Unless you received a huge amount of pixie dust from someone at Member Services.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:01 PM   #585
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
You would have to cancel and rebook.

Unless you received a huge amount of pixie dust from someone at Member Services.
I would wonder if the inverse would be more effective. Book a studio and a 1br and then, when they are confirmed, try to get them to put you in a lock-off with those two reservations. I know it comes at a premium of required points (some seasons worse than others), but at least you wouldn't be out the larger amount of having to stick with the 2br.

Just some food for thought.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:15 PM   #586
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
I would wonder if the inverse would be more effective. Book a studio and a 1br and then, when they are confirmed, try to get them to put you in a lock-off with those two reservations. I know it comes at a premium of required points (some seasons worse than others), but at least you wouldn't be out the larger amount of having to stick with the 2br.

I can speak from a personal experience that DVC MS will not allow you to take a 1 bdrm + a studio booked separately and change the room category to a 2 bdrm lockoff. I had this exact situation where I used wait lists to line up a 1 bdrm + a studio at the VGC and was denied this request. Why? I do not know. It woukd seem in my case if every 1 bdrm & studio IS technically a 2 bdrm lockoff - which IS the case at the VGC this would be a completely possible scenario and could be done, but MS told me that if the room category isn't a ailable for booking they aren't able to make this change. Believe me, I tried HARD to get this done due to my elderly parents needing assistance and was denied. We ended up ultimately on different floors

Where I'm Going 2019:

Friday, 01/18/19 - Monday, 01/21/19 - Offsite (Hyatt Regency Orange County)
Friday, 02/08/19 - Sunday, 02/10/19 - VGC
Sunday, 06/30/19 - Friday, 07/12/19 - HHI
Friday, 08/30/19 - Monday, 09/02/2019 - VGC
Friday, 09/27/19 - Tuesday, 10/01/2019 - VGC
Friday, 10/11/19 - Monday, 10/14/2019 - VGC
Friday, 10/25/19 - Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - VGF
Wednesday, 10/30/2019 - Monday, 11/04/2019 - BWV (Running 2nd 10K w/BFF - 11/02/19)
Monday, 11/04/2019 - Saturday, 11/09/2019 - BWV
Friday, 12/20/19 - Tuesday, 12/24/2019 - VGC

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:49 PM   #587
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
I can speak from a personal experience that DVC MS will not allow you to take a 1 bdrm + a studio booked separately and change the room category to a 2 bdrm lockoff. I had this exact situation where I used wait lists to line up a 1 bdrm + a studio at the VGC and was denied this request. Why? I do not know. It woukd seem in my case if every 1 bdrm & studio IS technically a 2 bdrm lockoff - which IS the case at the VGC this would be a completely possible scenario and could be done, but MS told me that if the room category isn't a ailable for booking they aren't able to make this change. Believe me, I tried HARD to get this done due to my elderly parents needing assistance and was denied. We ended up ultimately on different floors
Bummer. I think I'm inclined to book separately as my folks are not reliable and they get really annoyed that I plan vacations so far in advance. If we end up on separate floors so be it. Better yet, maybe I'll suggest they book Swan and Dolphin on their own.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:56 PM   #588
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post

You always can request to be close together but most reports are that they don't end up in connecting villas.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:37 AM   #589
MMC1
Grand Villa

Is it time for DVC to increase the amount of One Time Use Points they will allow for members ? Basically I do not really want to buy anymore points because of increased maintenance responsibility . I am almost afraid to look at the Points Charts when Disney finishes with them this upcoming announcements.
I have 400 points... that should be enough! Haha
MMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 04:27 PM   #590
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
What do you call a collective of WDW princesses?
????
Wait for it...
????
A glitter of princesses!
You are welcome...

A quite pleased Brian...?
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote