home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-13-2019, 06:30 PM   #11
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

I had a similar situation in 2011 and did the "one day dining plan". It was fun! I recall using it both on arrival day and the following day so I had no problem using up all my credits. I do not guarantee you can do that, though it's likely you still can.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 07:02 PM   #12
PrincipalTinker
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
I asked about the resort mug once on a split stay recently and was told by a cast member at OKW that she knew how to program them to end when your stay was over, even though they default to 2 weeks. I think it takes someone going out of their way to mess with you but I found it a little unsettling. I was just talking about buying it for a regular split stay but no way I'm paying that kind of money for an iced tea at night since we barely spend time at the resorts normally.

But chances are if you do the plan for one day and get the mug, it'll still work elsewhere for the rest of your trip.
One push if the button is 14 days. Some people have actually had success with, ‘I wonder what will happen if you press that 3 or 4 times?”. I wonder how you could get days on without the press? Maybe there are some scanners that are still set up to allow for the shorter stays they once offered? Like the fact that the machine in Captain Cook’s does not have a reader?
PrincipalTinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 05:15 AM   #13
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipalTinker View Post
One push if the button is 14 days. Some people have actually had success with, ‘I wonder what will happen if you press that 3 or 4 times?”. I wonder how you could get days on without the press? Maybe there are some scanners that are still set up to allow for the shorter stays they once offered? Like the fact that the machine in Captain Cook’s does not have a reader?
We also had ours specifically validated for 17 days, due to a split stay. CM checked my band and said “oh, I see you have a continuing stay, I’ll set them for the length of both stays”. She did tell us to hold onto the receipts so they could be revalidated if necessary when we moved. But it worked fine, we asked when we got there and they told us the date they were valid until.

So some CMs at least have the ability to set a specific date.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 03:00 PM   #14
poster44
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
If you have a one night plan, then do the deluxe meal plan. You can double do one night at a signature and the next at a regular. We are not drinkers either but if you plan it right, the deluxe is worth it for a night.
Absolutely agree the DxDP for one night is a good idea. We've used this option several times. Typically, arrival night, we stay in a studio and move into a 1 bdrm for the remainder of the trip. We use our three meal credits for a sit-down the first evening, a breakfast brunch and another sit-down the second day. We use the snack credits for croissants and cupcakes (purchased on day two) for the following day. Plus, one thing we like about the Deluxe DP is the addition of the entree (bc we like Disney soups.)
poster44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:16 PM   #15
BayLakePierre
One Bedroom

It's been a few years since we've added the dining plan. We added a night to our stay and I'm thinking about doing the deluxe dining plan for the 1 day.
I remember the Deluxe plan included meals didn't distinguish between adult and child when ordering (of course the pricing when adding is different), a meal credit was a meal credit. Is it still the same?
(Never tried it, just read about it here on this website)
I have an 8 year old that may want to order off the adult menu..
Old 10-14-2019, 08:22 PM   #16
Chris71855
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayLakePierre View Post
It's been a few years since we've added the dining plan. We added a night to our stay and I'm thinking about doing the deluxe dining plan for the 1 day.
I remember the Deluxe plan included meals didn't distinguish between adult and child when ordering (of course the pricing when adding is different), a meal credit was a meal credit. Is it still the same?
(Never tried it, just read about it here on this website)
I have an 8 year old that may want to order off the adult menu..
Yes all credits are sill pooled and kids can order off the adult menu. This may change in 2020, but I have done it successfully multiple times in 2019.
Chris71855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:37 PM   #17
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris71855 View Post
Yes all credits are sill pooled and kids can order off the adult menu. This may change in 2020, but I have done it successfully multiple times in 2019.

Agreed....It still works.

I have doubts that Disney will change their programs to better track and differentiate adult/child credits.