home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 10-05-2019, 03:44 PM   #1
ccsmith312
Two Bedroom
 
ccsmith312's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 760
Default Availability Stinks (and also we need more points)

I have been watching the availability of studio rooms during the month of May 2020. I thought we would be ok to book outside our home resort at seven months, however it seems like all of the studios that sleep five people are not available exactly seven months from today, which makes me think getting my ressie later in the month may be harder than I thought.

I guess I'm just pouting that I can't get what I want at the seven month window anymore. It seems like it used to be easier. I feel like we either need to add on more points at another home resort ($$$), or sell our current contract and go forward booking cash reservations with our AP discount (tempting when I think about all the hassle of DVC booking).

__________________
Myself DH DS14 DD11 DS9
ccsmith312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 03:49 PM   #2
brp
Add-on Aficionado
 
brp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 16,423
Default

Yeah, lots of discussion here about 7 months getting tougher, although some are still having luck. We've never had a problem getting just what we want at BCV and BWV at 11 months, but would not want to try at 7.

Cheers.
__________________
"...And your head is spinning from a loud guitar"
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:04 PM   #3
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado
 
BWV Dreamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southern PA
Posts: 9,959
Default

And I thought May was one of the slower months. Jeez.....
__________________
Hope
VGF & CCV Owner
BWV Dreamin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:11 PM   #4
capeokw56
Grand Villa
 
capeokw56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 1,215
Default

BWV garden/pool view has lots of studio availability starting tomorrow through the end of May.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:20 PM   #5
brp
Add-on Aficionado
 
brp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 16,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
BWV garden/pool view has lots of studio availability starting tomorrow through the end of May.
Yeah, but a very bad use of points. The same number of points as a Boardwalk view with, IMO, a view not much better than standard (except for dumpster view, of course ).

But availability is availability.

Cheers.
__________________
"...And your head is spinning from a loud guitar"
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:34 AM   #6
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
Yeah, but a very bad use of points. The same number of points as a Boardwalk view with, IMO, a view not much better than standard (except for dumpster view, of course ).

But availability is availability.

Cheers.
I take Gardenview over boardwalk any day. Yes itís the same amount of points. Itís also dramatically quieter and more private. I donít have to listen to that boat horn all night and I donít have to listen to people having a party outside my window. To me the waste of points would be to pay for a room I donít like it boardwalk. Iíd rather have the garden room. You should never assume that your decision on how to use your points are a final verdict on what is the appropriate use and any other uses is wrong. Only makes you appear arrogant
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:33 PM   #7
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Add-on Aficionado
 
DVCERSINCEDAY1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
BWV garden/pool view has lots of studio availability starting tomorrow through the end of May.
availability "starting tomorrow." one would be lucky to find avilability "today" at bwv at 7 months...any time of the year.
__________________
BCV, BWV, VWL, AKL

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, Black Jack, and Chippy )
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:49 PM   #8
AnnaS
Grand Villa
 
AnnaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsmith312 View Post
I have been watching the availability of studio rooms during the month of May 2020. I thought we would be ok to book outside our home resort at seven months, however it seems like all of the studios that sleep five people are not available exactly seven months from today, which makes me think getting my ressie later in the month may be harder than I thought.

I guess I'm just pouting that I can't get what I want at the seven month window anymore. It seems like it used to be easier. I feel like we either need to add on more points at another home resort ($$$), or sell our current contract and go forward booking cash reservations with our AP discount (tempting when I think about all the hassle of DVC booking).


It has been a discussed for a while now that it is getting very hard to book/switch at the 7 month window frame

Did you have something booked already and was just looking to switch?
__________________
March/April 2020 - OKW - F&G
October - 2020 - BCV - F&W







Last edited by AnnaS; 10-06-2019 at 04:30 PM.
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 05:55 PM   #9
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa
 
AlwaysDreamingDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,817
Default

Think you may be looking at May 4th right now? If so, Iím sure that will be crazy busy with all of the Star Wars fans and the newer ride open by then. Especially if your looking to stay right near/on the boardwalk resorts.
__________________
Katie DH DS*21 DS*19 DD*14

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but moving very close to the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 05:58 PM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado
 
helenabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 10,908
Default

The studio only issue is real. Honestly it's the biggest issue I see with DVC repeatedly.

I think anyone who wants a studio stay needs to book inside their own window if they want a chance.
__________________
helenabear is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software