home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 09:40 AM   #31
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
We just got a quote for remodeling our master bath - lets just say you can buy a WHOLE LOT of point for that In fact that was my first thought - for those $$ I can more than double my current point total. Good Luck
This is a smaller full guest bathroom. Itís going to be a lot of money, but it needs to be done. The bathroom isnít ugly, but itís incredibly outdated. It looks like it was done in the late 90s because it was. We wanted to do it last year, but after Hurricane Harvey, prices on constructions were crazy high, AND you couldnít find the labor. Iím not excited about the price, but I am excited about the bathroom being redone.

The bathroom will cost less than if I added on at VGC. My DH actually said, ďThis bathroom is your Disney points for this year.Ē
Old 01-12-2019, 09:51 AM   #32
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aseni View Post
Sorry new here ! Whatís MF ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Maintenance Fees

Yep. Sometimes...
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:53 AM   #33
Aseni
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Yep. Sometimes...
Thatís what I was thinking
Aseni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:56 AM   #34
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
We just got a quote for remodeling our master bath - lets just say you can buy a WHOLE LOT of point for that In fact that was my first thought - for those $$ I can more than double my current point total. Good Luck
In our old house, the sticker shock on bathroom remodel always drove me to do it myself. My view was that I shouldn't pay someone else 8 or more thousand dollars to screw up a bathroom when I could do it for less than two. However, contractors would have redone my bathroom acceptably in a three-day. Or less where my average was 6 months. It kind of depends what you value more which is the better route to take
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:58 AM   #35
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
This is a smaller full guest bathroom. Itís going to be a lot of money, but it needs to be done. The bathroom isnít ugly, but itís incredibly outdated. It looks like it was done in the late 90s because it was. We wanted to do it last year, but after Hurricane Harvey, prices on constructions were crazy high, AND you couldnít find the labor. Iím not excited about the price, but I am excited about the bathroom being redone.

That sounds like he has agreed to an annual Point budget. Nice work
The bathroom will cost less than if I added on at VGC. My DH actually said, ďThis bathroom is your Disney points for this year.Ē
That sounds like he has agreed to an annual points budget. Nice work
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:08 AM   #36
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
In our old house, the sticker shock on bathroom remodel always drove me to do it myself. My view was that I shouldn't pay someone else 8 or more thousand dollars to screw up a bathroom when I could do it for less than two. However, contractors would have redone my bathroom acceptably in a three-day. Or less where my average was 6 months. It kind of depends what you value more which is the better route to take
We canít do it ourselves. This one will be a pretty major overhaul, and we lack the requisite skills. My DH would rather do just about anything else than spend his free time learning how to and then remodeling a bathroom. We have 2 little(ish) kids in the house, so we need it done as quickly as possible. I bet itíll take at least a month. Three days would be like a dream.

Quote:
That sounds like he has agreed to an annual points budget. Nice work
I donít know if he ďagreedĒ per se. I think ďgave up arguing with meĒ more adequately describes it.

Btw, no one is happier that Iím so jaded towards DVC right now than my DH. I had been talking about adding on VGC for a couple of years. After a lot of thought and talks with some other very level-headed MOís, I threw in the towel. I donít regret buying DVC, nor do I think those adding on right now are making a mistake by any means. Add ons just arenít for me with the changed landscape.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:19 AM   #37
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Yep. Sometimes...

I should amend.... in this case it means maintenance fees
Old 01-12-2019, 10:29 AM   #38
bluebunny72
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
It looks like it was done in the late 90s because it was.
Why do I suddenly feel old?
bluebunny72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:32 AM   #39
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebunny72 View Post
Why do I suddenly feel old?
Whatís crazy is that the late 90s was 20 years ago!!!
Old 01-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #40
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:

8k? I wish