home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-20-2018, 08:24 AM   #1
ustasmom
One Bedroom

Default NY to Quebec City on the Magic. Anyone done this cruise?

I'm looking at this cruise and the thought had never crossed our minds to go North and not South on a cruise.

Reviews?
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:28 AM   #2
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Last September we cruised out of NY to St. John - I liked it but I also don't like to sweat. The first two days of the cruise until we were close to Maine were warm - the second day my husband wore his swim trunks during the day as we didn't pack shorts.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:25 AM   #3
ustasmom
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
Last September we cruised out of NY to St. John - I liked it but I also don't like to sweat. The first two days of the cruise until we were close to Maine were warm - the second day my husband wore his swim trunks during the day as we didn't pack shorts.

My husband doesn't like cold. He won't do an Alaskan cruise because he can see ice. lol
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:40 AM   #4
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom View Post
My husband doesn't like cold. He won't do an Alaskan cruise because he can see ice. lol
Iím with your hubby!
Old 05-20-2018, 09:41 AM   #5
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
once we were above Maine, I wore a light weight unlined hoodie at night and during the day a long sleeved tee. No ice in site. The skies were beautiful. Of course, the whole trip was sunny. I like to take an afternoon nap with I enjoyed on our veranda so it couldn't have been too cold or I'd've been indoors.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:20 AM   #6
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

Did it last October, but not on DCL. Gorgeous color & fortunate enough to see a whale blow while in the St. Lawrence. Loved whole cruise & fell in love with each Canadian port in turn. Hope to do it again soon, maybe going all the way to Montreal.

Don't remember it being all that cold, but am used to weather extremes. Just took layers.

Did NOT like New York port at all & am very unlikely to cruise out of there again. Strongly prefer Boston.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:59 PM   #7
carolina_yankee
Administrator

The Canadian cruises tend to be expensive on nearly all cruise lines. I guess it's a short window and the foliage is a real plus.

I think NYC to Quebec City would be great. Not sure how expensive it is to get back, though . . .

We're close enough, I would almost want to run the car up there somehow and have it waiting for us!!

Dirk
Old 05-20-2018, 09:37 PM   #8
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
FWIW the temperatures are not crazy cold on a summer Alaskan cruise. In the various ports a light jacket will suffice. On the ship decks it is a bit colder, but overall still generally not freezing unless it is very windy.

My parents treated me a couple of years ago, and I went with no expectations, since I didn't choose the destination. but the Alaskan cruise was my all time favorite.

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Sunday, 07/01/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI
Saturday, 10/27/18 - Saturday, 11/10/18 - SSR
(Running 10K w/BFF - 11/03/18)

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote