home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-18-2018, 08:32 AM   #1
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Default 2019 Fall Itineraries released

Disney Cruise Line released the 2019 fall itineraries. Castaway Cay platinum Members can start booking Monday (5/21), Tuesday Gold Members, Wednesday Silver and DVC members, and on Thursday the general public can make reservations.

For the first time, Castaway Cay members can book online for new cruises. Members with existing placeholders will still have to call or have their travel agent call on the appropriate days.

There are no new destinations for this release.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:15 PM   #2
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Thanks for posting, Tom. Iím good on cruises for 2019...
Brian5581 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:26 PM   #3
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Disney Cruise Line released the 2019 fall itineraries. Castaway Cay platinum Members can start booking Monday (5/21), Tuesday Gold Members, Wednesday Silver and DVC members, and on Thursday the general public can make reservations.

For the first time, Castaway Cay members can book online for new cruises. Members with existing placeholders will still have to call or have their travel agent call on the appropriate days.

There are no new destinations for this release.
I looked through the list today. Nothing major grabbed me, which is good since we are already booked for October 2018 and February 2019!!

The Transatlantic does look interesting, but if we do one it's on our 2020 list, with DCL our another line - most likely after Easter.

Now that I'l break into gold with our February 2019 cruise, I guess I"ll have to look for ways to continue DCL loyalty to get into Platinum. At least the 3 new ships will help - and maybe lessen demand enough to make prices more reasonable? Nah, never!!!

I've also only been on Fantasy and Magic and the next two are Magic. Maybe a Dream 4-night attached to a WDW stay in the next couple of years.

Dirk
Old 05-20-2018, 07:29 AM   #4
clhlaptop
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
I looked through the list today. Nothing major grabbed me, which is good since we are already booked for October 2018 and February 2019!!

The Transatlantic does look interesting, but if we do one it's on our 2020 list, with DCL our another line - most likely after Easter.

Now that I'l break into gold with our February 2019 cruise, I guess I"ll have to look for ways to continue DCL loyalty to get into Platinum. At least the 3 new ships will help - and maybe lessen demand enough to make prices more reasonable? Nah, never!!!

I've also only been on Fantasy and Magic and the next two are Magic. Maybe a Dream 4-night attached to a WDW stay in the next couple of years.

Dirk
February 2019 already booked and will give us gold status too. I looked but we wonít be booking again for a while. Although we havenít been on the Wonder so I keep looking for a short trip on that ship.
clhlaptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:57 PM   #5
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clhlaptop View Post
February 2019 already booked and will give us gold status too. I looked but we wonít be booking again for a while. Although we havenít been on the Wonder so I keep looking for a short trip on that ship.
I'm not super excited about the Dream because the itinerary is Nassau, but I would love to do the Wonder. My favorite would be a PC transit. Maybe one day.

I find I'm willing to book DCL if I can get opening day prices. Even more so if I I have an Onboard Booking discount.

DCL can still keep me for a Panama Canal cruise, but I suspect a Transatlantic or any European voyage will be on another line.

Dirk
Old 05-22-2018, 11:58 AM   #6
bigbahamadada
Grand Villa

Holy sticker shock!

I got a quote today for a Christmas 2019 cruise out of Galveston. It was 44.5% more for the same itinerary and room that we did on DCL over Thanksgiving 2016.

We love DCL, but I don't think I can justify the premium on this one.

Nearly 13K for a two inside rooms on their oldest ship, on an underwhelming itinerary (Key West, Nassau).

I know the quality isn't the same . . . but the same Holiday week on Carnival Vista - a newer ship by 16 years - is $7200; Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas is $7770.

And DCL is $12,800 . . .

Wow.
bigbahamadada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #7
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

I just cancelled my DCL placeholder. These prices are unreal. Booking a 7 night cruise that ports at Key West ( want this specific port of call) on Holland America in a balcony for less than a 4 night DCL cruise in a port hole stateroom.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote