home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-01-2018, 09:12 PM   #41
clhlaptop
Grand Villa

[quote=Joeli;1446829]

From a coffee perspective, we ended up buying coffee at the location on Deck 4 "Vista Cafe" midship. They give you a loyalty card so at some point (don't remember how many cups) you get a free one. Also, remember if you don't fully use it on this trip, take it home and bring it back next time, it will probably still work!"

Definitely keep the card. This is my husband's favorite spot for coffee and he has used the cards from each cruise. his first coffee on our Fantasy cruise was free because he brought the card from the magic.
clhlaptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:47 AM   #42
amydevoe
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsNiners11 View Post
Will they let us take our own photos with characters and the dining photos like formal night? We have a nice camera and don't need their photographer. At disney parks, they either let us take our own or take one for us using our camera which is better quality than their camera. It's not just a cost issue, but a quality one.

Anyone know if they will let us do this?
Yes, they are good about taking pics for you with your camera.
amydevoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:52 AM   #43
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

Your biggest worry of the day is what to wear and what to eat. Cruises do not require near as much planning as WDW. Enjoy. Definitely book a placeholder cruise if you have the slightest idea you want to sail again. You can always cancel if you change your mind and get your money back, but you cannot get the deal once you leave the ship.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:25 AM   #44
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsNiners11 View Post
Will they let us take our own photos with characters and the dining photos like formal night? We have a nice camera and don't need their photographer. At disney parks, they either let us take our own or take one for us using our camera which is better quality than their camera. It's not just a cost issue, but a quality one.

Anyone know if they will let us do this?
Yes - they'll let you take your own pictures. I think, though, there are some instances where they will not take the pictures for you, unlike Disney. It may be the difference between the Shutters photo staff (outsourced) and Disney's own character handling staff.

What I usually see for the Shutters photos at key places (stairs, by statue, etc.) is that they take the photos while a family member also takes photos with their own cameras.

There are some key set-ups, I believe, where you can't use your own camera (the posed photos with backdrops, I believe, and probably the Captain's photo). Somebody may correct me on that, but I seem to remember restrictions.

For Disney photos - characters and such - there shouldn't be a problem.

You should consider a budget for a minimum number of onboard photos. They do have photographers that catch you in situations where you might not have the camera or want everybody in the shot. We generally opt for the 10 photo package, which is $149. However, if it's you wanting photos of the kids, then you may find it worth only buying a couple of photos a la carte (embarkation, captain, etc.)

Dirk
Old 04-02-2018, 10:30 AM   #45
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
Your biggest worry of the day is what to wear and what to eat. Cruises do not require near as much planning as WDW. Enjoy. Definitely book a placeholder cruise if you have the slightest idea you want to sail again. You can always cancel if you change your mind and get your money back, but you cannot get the deal once you leave the ship.

Yes, excellent tip! You don't have to know what cruise you want to take. For $250, you get a "placeholder," which entitles you to a 10% discount on a future sailing that starts within 24 months. That $250 is then applied to the downpayment of the discounted cruise once you decide which cruise to take.

That way, you don't have to choose a specific cruise and then rebook if you change your mind. If you choose not to use the placeholder, then it automatically reverts to your form of payment. Or, if you know you won't use it, just call DCL to get it canceled.

Dirk
Old 04-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #46
Adelard of Bath
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcfan937 View Post
Yep. Somebody "borrow" the DVC member sticker that they put on the doors to identify the DVC members on the cruise . I went to the DVC sales people and they gave me another one and a few dvc hats for my 'troubles" but I was thinking come on people. Really? Now, I put my name on the sticker with a sharpie.
Does having a DVC sticker on your door get you awesome free stuff?
Adelard of Bath is offline   Reply With Quote