home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-08-2018, 02:23 PM   #21
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
I always get the emailed tickets, and did so again this time. I can't imagine why you would need paper tickets if going before 2/28/19, though.

Yours should expire at the same time - they are supposed to be used by 12/31/19, and have 14 days after that to expire, thus the 1/14/20 date.
Thanks! I expect mine will expire the same dates as you said. I donít know why I purchased paper!! Recently I was reading on another thread about the paper tickets being refundable and I guess thatís why I went that route. However, I know Iíll never need to get a refund, so Iím just crazy, I guess. Really the only difference between the paper and emailed versions are waiting an extra 7 days for delivery and I suppose being able to get a refund, if needed (there might be restrictions and I think there is a return fee, as well). Both can be linked to your MDE in advance and you can proceed right to the gate with either version too.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:24 PM   #22
OffToTheMouse
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
Thereís been some more info on how this will work.

Multi day tickets will be priced based on the FIRST day you want to use them. That will mean if your first day is the highest priced of your stay, say a Saturday, all the tickets will be higher priced. If your first day is a lower priced day, a weekday, then all the tickets will be lower priced. This will apply between seasons as well. If your first day is during peak season, your entire ticket will be at peak prices even if you stay into a lower season. All the entries on your MYW ticket will be good for any day of your vacation, if used within the specified ticket window (formerly 14 days from first use, but that may change), regardless of the tier of the day theyíre used. You will NOT have to pick the date of each individual day of a multi day ticket in advance.

If you do purchase tickets that have a first day of a cheaper tier than you actually use it, say if itís raining on your expected first day, you will be instructed at the turnstile to go to a ticket window to pay to upgrade the whole ticket. There will be no refund if your first day moves to a lower tier than you had previously purchased. Again, this will only apply to the FIRST day.

Single day tickets will follow this pricing system. A higher priced ticket will be good on all days of that price and lower. Lower tier tickets will have to be upgraded to be used on a higher tier day. There will no longer be a MK premium on single day tickets.
This all sounds like a nightmare to manage. And I am sure Dis IT will have many kinks in this process. It sounds painful.
OffToTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:54 PM   #23
chunter
Two Bedroom

if I'm going in Jan. for 8 days, would it be better to buy the older tickets right now or wait and buy the newer tickets later?
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 03:06 PM   #24
JCinWonderland
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
if I'm going in Jan. for 8 days, would it be better to buy the older tickets right now or wait and buy the newer tickets later?
I don't think anyone can say for sure at this point which is the better choice, but the specific dates you are traveling and the degree of flexibility you want will come into play. I think that first week in January and MLK weekend will be considered "peak" days, but other days in between and after those dates might be considered "regular" and "value" days. The 14 days from first use rule will no longer apply to new tickets, so another thing to consider. The new tickets will have to be used within a shorter span of time from first use, but can be extended by ... I think it's 1 day, if you pay extra for the PH+.

I went ahead and bought ours today even though we are going during what is traditionally a slower time in February because I was just tired of even thinking about it!
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 04:12 PM   #25
cpnkirk
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
I would buy tickets now - you'll need tickets in order to make fast passes next month anyway, and chances are the new tickets will cost more - that's why I bought mine yesterday for a trip next June.
March 2014, off site

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 04:57 PM   #26
susieh
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I am in the UK and have been told our 14 and 21 day ultimate entry tickets are not affected by this change so we can continue to buy them at any time regardless of what season we are travelling in. That is really good news for me!
susieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 05:01 PM   #27
MMC1
Grand Villa

I went ahead and bought mine too for same reason: tired of thinking about it and trying to figure it out.
I know one thing the price will not go down cause everybody would be standing in line at Guest Service for their nickel refund.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:45 PM   #28
Donna Aldridge
Studio

Default Regarding paper vs e-tickets from UT

I just purchased tix for Jume 2019 trip from UT.

We have always purchased paper tix, but, with the verbiage regarding the paper tix and "on or before" 2/28/19, I called UT. The CS explained the only real difference is refundability, and added that "Disney is looking to switch to all e-tickets".

Whether or not what I was told is valid, I do not know, but we purchased E-tix for the first time which expire 12/28/19 (effectively 1/14/20)
Donna Aldridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:06 AM   #29
cherene
Grand Villa

I'm not happy with the expected changes. Especially the amount of time you're going to be required to use the tickets. I like the flexibility with my tickets and will not be able to do our trips the same. This adds more stress to what's supposed to be a relaxing fun vacation. The prices are outrageous already. I use to be so excited about planning a trip to Disney but now I dread the prices and struggle to justify going. I have plans to go in January but I'm considering going somewhere else at this point.
cherene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:41 PM   #30
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Thank you for explaining the info.
I think Disney needs to search for more ways to make their vacations not fun.
This would be a funny statement if it weren't true.

Until this whole thing rolls out and we can see exactly how it will work I'm reserving judgement but on the surface it just looks way too confusing and potentially more expensive, which could be the point.

It just shouldn't be this hard.