home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Wining & Dining
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 10-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #21
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 30,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR0929 View Post
So crazy!! I believe they open at 3:30pm on the outside patio area and 4pm on the inside. They gave out around 400 wristbands today, starting around 1pm and finishing up a little after 3pm. One wristband per person, one mug per wristband. They are already being sold on ebay for quite the premium



1 PM.......3 hours before opening!



I guess once you get a wristband, you can ,eave and come back?
__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #22
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 30,553
Default

The mug, which must be purchased with drink, is $31.95 with tax. Thankfully, the horrible Fog Cutter drink is gone this year, replaced with “Grim Grinning Grog”. The new drink is made with Gosling’s Black Seal Rum, Barbancourt Pancho Rhum, Lime Juice, Blood Orange, Falernum, and Angostura Bitters. You can get a non-alcoholic version but the price will be the same.
__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:51 PM   #23
LR0929
One Bedroom
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
1 PM.......3 hours before opening!



I guess once you get a wristband, you can ,eave and come back?
Correct! We went today actually. We arrived at 1pm and had a wristband on by 1:15pm. We took the monorail to the contemporary and hung out there for a little while. We went back at 3:15pm and got a table outside on the patio area of Trader Sams. They opened at 3:30pm, we had our drink by 3:35pm, check by 3:40pm, mug by 3:42pm and that was it! They give you the drink in a plastic cup and you get a clean mug in a box after you pay.

Although I cannot confirm the validity of this.. someone there said they asked a cast member and were told 500 wristbands were given out today.
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:00 PM   #24
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 30,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR0929 View Post
Correct! We went today actually. We arrived at 1pm and had a wristband on by 1:15pm. We took the monorail to the contemporary and hung out there for a little while. We went back at 3:15pm and got a table outside on the patio area of Trader Sams. They opened at 3:30pm, we had our drink by 3:35pm, check by 3:40pm, mug by 3:42pm and that was it! They give you the drink in a plastic cup and you get a clean mug in a box after you pay.

Although I cannot confirm the validity of this.. someone there said they asked a cast member and were told 500 wristbands were given out today.

How is your ebay listing going?


I need to remember this for my trip......I can fit this in my schedule.
__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:06 PM   #25
LR0929
One Bedroom
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
How is your ebay listing going?


I need to remember this for my trip......I can fit this in my schedule.
Haha believe it or not I actually don't even have an ebay account!! My husband and I both got one. My brother-in-law lives in California, so him and his wife are going to try and get the one that comes out in Disneyland. Then we will swap so that we each have one from both locations.
LR0929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #26
melk
Grand Villa
 
melk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I need to remember this for my trip......I can fit this in my schedule.
If your trip is still a couple of weeks away I doubt very much they’ll still have mugs. It’s a limited number, that’s what makes them so desirable.
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:11 PM   #27
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32,120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
How is your ebay listing going?


I need to remember this for my trip......I can fit this in my schedule.


Hmm. Worth a shot if still available.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:48 AM   #28
debabe
One Bedroom
 
debabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR0929 View Post
There was already a line forming at 10am this morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR0929 View Post
So crazy!! I believe they open at 3:30pm on the outside patio area and 4pm on the inside. They gave out around 400 wristbands today, starting around 1pm and finishing up a little after 3pm. One wristband per person, one mug per wristband. They are already being sold on ebay for quite the premium
I'm at WDW starting this weekend, but doubt that I will spends hours in line for a Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug. It is cool, though...

How much was the Club 33 tiki mug going for...?
__________________










debabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:56 AM   #29
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide
 
tomandrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 30,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by melk View Post
If your trip is still a couple of weeks away I doubt very much they’ll still have mugs. It’s a limited number, that’s what makes them so desirable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Hmm. Worth a shot if still available.

*multi-quote alert*

Well, Disney needs to start rationing them better so they last longer.

I agree......See you at 1pm at Trader Sams
__________________
Love, Faith and Pixie dust!
tomandrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:00 AM   #30
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado
 
kzrooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kalamazoo Mi
Posts: 10,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
*multi-quote alert*
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 AM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software