home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-14-2022, 06:44 PM   #21
MamaB24
Two Bedroom

Thank you! Similar to sentiments above, I do not typically use the turnpike in Ohio. Our oldest is heading to college (gulp!) next year in that direction, so we may use it? Typically we travel West Virginia via SE Ohio for trips to HHI, soccer tournaments, and sometimes Florida. Would love to be able to drive right through. We may be heading to PA (who thinks very highly of their tollways as I recall the prices for pay by mail last year ) quite a bit this summer on college visits for number two (double gulp!). Other than that, it is purely for our Disney addiction. We used to have a Sunpass, and Iím glad there is some multi-state options now.

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 06:52 PM   #22
wiltony
Two Bedroom

I bought the E-Pass Uni but then after speaking with others here, found that sunpass allows you to designate an expiration for a rental car plate, which I found invaluable compared to the E-Pass setup. So I bought a Sunpass PRO as well.
wiltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 10:47 PM   #23
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiltony View Post
I bought the E-Pass Uni but then after speaking with others here, found that sunpass allows you to designate an expiration for a rental car plate, which I found invaluable compared to the E-Pass setup. So I bought a Sunpass PRO as well.
This is why I love the Sunpass. My state is horrible with fees and I can almost always avoid the Ohio turnpike. So sunpass pro for the win for me.
Old 03-15-2022, 09:13 AM   #24
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Munsil View Post
My general advice with E-ZPass is if you live in a state that uses it, your own stateís pass is probably your best option because of in-state discounts. Otherwise, Massachusetts is usually the best bet for travelers from other states.

- MA wonít cancel your pass for non-use
- MA doesnít have any monthly or annual fees
- MA doesnít charge to set up the account
- MA makes it easy to use your pass with a rental car

Other states are worse on one or more of these points. You also will want a suction-cup mount, and I like this one:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B009Y7MJ...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Yep - we lived in MA when we got ours. Moved to WI 7 years ago, ordered devices from IL, but never actually switched over to using them. Simply kept on using our transponders from MA, as it remained simple to manage.