home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Site / Forum News and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 06-09-2019, 09:30 AM   #141
Shewill
Add-on Aficionado
 
Shewill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 8,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbmom View Post
I only recently realized that people didn't increase their number of posts when they only deal with the rental boards.
This was changed a few years ago. There were some people with hundreds of points who had only posted on the rental boards.
Shewill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:33 AM   #142
agbmom
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 20
Default

I guess it depends on your perspective. When I first joined, I read lots of the information in the forums, but having been a DVC member since 2000 I didn’t really have any questions. Or more on point, the questions I had were already answered in discussions by other people. So I only used the site for renting points during a couple of years when I did not travel. This year, planning an Alaska cruise, I suddenly had so many more questions and did actually post somewhat. So I guess to true active members I would’ve been a lurker but I thought I was a member.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
Are they really members or just lurkers?
__________________
Boardwalk Member Since 2000
agbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:35 AM   #143
agbmom
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 20
Default

Touché.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
"exploiters"
__________________
Boardwalk Member Since 2000
agbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:37 AM   #144
agbmom
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 20
Default

Ah, that makes sense. I guess I would have fit that bill my first few years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shewill View Post
This was changed a few years ago. There were some people with hundreds of points who had only posted on the rental boards.
__________________
Boardwalk Member Since 2000
agbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:13 PM   #145
Fishercat
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7
Default Possible Ne name in the Scam world.

One of my renters was contacted by Sweet Homes.Homeaway15@outlook.com. Aurora Naba..Here is the offer: Boardwalk, three bedroom Grand Vills checking in on February 8,2020 and departing on February 15, 2020.

This is a 675 point reservation being offered at $3200.00... That's $4.75 per point. Think this is legitimate?????

Somehow sites like Redweek and My Resort Network are some how being hacked and scammers are intercepting e-mails and then respond g. to inquiries. This has happened a number of times thatI am aware of.

Fishercat
Fishercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:25 PM   #146
agbmom
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 20
Default

If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishercat View Post
One of my renters was contacted by Sweet Homes.Homeaway15@outlook.com. Aurora Naba..Here is the offer: Boardwalk, three bedroom Grand Vills checking in on February 8,2020 and departing on February 15, 2020.

This is a 675 point reservation being offered at $3200.00... That's $4.75 per point. Think this is legitimate?????

Somehow sites like Redweek and My Resort Network are some how being hacked and scammers are intercepting e-mails and then respond g. to inquiries. This has happened a number of times thatI am aware of.

Fishercat
__________________
Boardwalk Member Since 2000
agbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:12 AM   #147
FCivish3
One Bedroom
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Lost in Disney
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishercat View Post
One of my renters was contacted by Sweet Homes.Homeaway15@outlook.com. Aurora Naba..Here is the offer: Boardwalk, three bedroom Grand Vills checking in on February 8,2020 and departing on February 15, 2020.

This is a 675 point reservation being offered at $3200.00... That's $4.75 per point. Think this is legitimate?????

Somehow sites like Redweek and My Resort Network are some how being hacked and scammers are intercepting e-mails and then respond g. to inquiries. This has happened a number of times thatI am aware of.

Fishercat
That ABSOLUTELY MUST BE A SCAM.

* No one would rent out so many points for such a cheap price, except in dire circumstances.

* With the date of the reservation being EIGHT MONTHS OUT, then there really is no rush at all to rent something like that out, so why rent it for such a low price?

* Anyone with that many points, who knows how to rent DVC, knows about these boards and knows that they could post something that is that cheap on this board, and have it rented out TOMORROW.!

* No one except a scammer would be contacting people who did not solicit them. And, once again, why go to the trouble to hunt up a renter, when posting that on an open forum is easier (no work to hunt a renter) and would get the job done, while letting the renters come to you.

PLEASE do you renters a favor and tell them this is absolute crap. IMPOSSIBLE, and they shouldn't deal with the guy.
__________________
-=- Fred

Poly, AKL, BLT

FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:43 AM   #148
disney65
Add-on Aficionado
 
disney65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SouthEast, CT
Posts: 5,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
That ABSOLUTELY MUST BE A SCAM.

* No one would rent out so many points for such a cheap price, except in dire circumstances.

* With the date of the reservation being EIGHT MONTHS OUT, then there really is no rush at all to rent something like that out, so why rent it for such a low price?

* Anyone with that many points, who knows how to rent DVC, knows about these boards and knows that they could post something that is that cheap on this board, and have it rented out TOMORROW.!

* No one except a scammer would be contacting people who did not solicit them. And, once again, why go to the trouble to hunt up a renter, when posting that on an open forum is easier (no work to hunt a renter) and would get the job done, while letting the renters come to you.

PLEASE do you renters a favor and tell them this is absolute crap. IMPOSSIBLE, and they shouldn't deal with the guy.



to add

Renting below broker compensation price.
__________________
Home Resort: Aulani, BLT, VGF, BRV (VWL), BWV, AKL, OKW, SSR, HHI

My Trip Reports


2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:28 AM   #149
Fishercat
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7
Default Adding another name to the “S” list

Antonette Cosmas looks like this person works with Auroa Nava from my previous post... third time I have heard these names mentioned by my renters.
BEWARE. Same Scam

Fishercat
Fishercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software