home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 06:02 PM   #1591
sawickipedia
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I completely forgot to post here on this thread! I posted originally on the ROFR thread.

Five years ago, my parents took my family (wife and 2 kids) to WDW. My Dad is a total Disney nut and loves the challenge of planning for park visits (yes he's a industrial engineer). At first my wife bristled at all the planning and was pretty much a negative Nancy right up until we arrived at the Polynesian Resort... then it was love at first stay! She was hooked. Hooked hard!

That led to an Easter 2014 trip to DL which led to another trip to WDW in Fall 2015 which led to another trip this past Spring. My 10 yo daughter having been seduced (figuratively not literally of course) by all the DVC signs and sales people at the park began lobbying for us to join DVC. So we took a plunge and bought our first contract at BWV.

And because we're completely hooked - we just got offers accepted on 3 more contracts OKW, PVB and BLT. We figure we'll rent out a bunch of our points year to year but wanted lots of flexibility as to where we stay and how often we go... So here we are!

Oh and already planning our first DVC trip for next Oct for F&W (my wife's favorite).
sawickipedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:37 PM   #1592
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDen View Post
Hi, everyone!

First day here. I'm hoping to gather information about a DVC membership by first possibly renting to get the lay of the land. I welcome any suggestions on how to prepare and proceed.

Thanks in advance!

DisneyDen

Welcome DisneyDen

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:38 PM   #1593
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawickipedia View Post
I completely forgot to post here on this thread! I posted originally on the ROFR thread.

Five years ago, my parents took my family (wife and 2 kids) to WDW. My Dad is a total Disney nut and loves the challenge of planning for park visits (yes he's a industrial engineer). At first my wife bristled at all the planning and was pretty much a negative Nancy right up until we arrived at the Polynesian Resort... then it was love at first stay! She was hooked. Hooked hard!

That led to an Easter 2014 trip to DL which led to another trip to WDW in Fall 2015 which led to another trip this past Spring. My 10 yo daughter having been seduced (figuratively not literally of course) by all the DVC signs and sales people at the park began lobbying for us to join DVC. So we took a plunge and bought our first contract at BWV.

And because we're completely hooked - we just got offers accepted on 3 more contracts OKW, PVB and BLT. We figure we'll rent out a bunch of our points year to year but wanted lots of flexibility as to where we stay and how often we go... So here we are!

Oh and already planning our first DVC trip for next Oct for F&W (my wife's favorite).
Congratulations and Welcome Home!!!!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:56 PM   #1594
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Welcome aboard, and best of luck with ROFR (again)!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:35 PM   #1595
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Excellent! Welcome home!

Where I'm Going 2017/2018:

Monday, 12/25/17 - Tuesday, 12/26/2017 - SSR
Tuesday, 12/26/17 - Saturday, 12/30/17 - BLT
Saturday, 12/30/17 - Sunday, 01/07/18 - VGF (Running 1st 1/2 Marathon - 01/06/18)
Wednesday, 06/27/18 - Wednesday, 07/11/18 - HHI

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:10 AM   #1596
jrm1504
One Bedroom

Quote:

welcome aboard...nice to have another one from the PNW
2007 DW All Star Sports
2011 DW Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 DW Dolphin
2013 DW BCV (our wedding)
2015 DW BLT (son's 1st b'day)
2015 VWL
2016 DL Grand Cal

jrm1504 is offline   Reply With Quote