home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-25-2017, 09:27 AM   #151
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
thank you. of course, my age has lots to do with this decision (68) and i simply have no one to stay here with my five dogs and chipmunk when i leave town.
Do you have a pet chipmunk? That is so cool!! I have always had dogs since I was 3. We only have one dog now because my youngest son has severe asthma so after our shepard passed away we have now gone hypoallergenic with a standard poodle:-) who is a total spaz, totally spoiled (all my other dogs were rescues) but we love her:-)
Old 08-25-2017, 09:37 AM   #152
flypwm
One Bedroom

There is a chipmunk in my front yard who is really pissed off that I've found a way to keep him out of our garage (where he used to access the attic via the loft). That little bastard sits on the front porch and shakes his tail at me every time I walk past. You want him? He's from Maine so he's a little surly.
flypwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:46 AM   #153
DVCERSINCEDAY1
Grand Villa

about 2.5 years ago, my senior dog mauled this little munk, killed her sibling. i was clueless, left her outside in a box overnight in april, nearly froze to death. she was lying there on her back with her mouth open with a broken leg the next morning...near death.

i rushed out, got some recommended milk, dropper fed her, kept her warm...amazingly she recovered over some months. after a month or so, i got her a huge four level cage and it's captive heaven. she has a view outside, a little pool, lots of toys and places to hide and sleep and a good captive life. she has adapted well. i put big rollers (cardboard) everywhere and she runs through them and hides. she also likes to play (hurt) with my hand and a swifter duster. i was afraid a hawk would get her if i released her. periodically she begins chortling/chirping loudly for a mate. that makes me sad, but we all can live without a mate if need be.

it's worked out well, she lets me hold her/pet her when stuffing her cheeks, has gotten out several times, but i kept her confined to one room, eventually she came back to the cage.

i fell in love with a rodent.

Barb & Family (Darcy, Belle, Rose, Joey, and Chippy )

Last edited by DVCERSINCEDAY1; 08-25-2017 at 09:51 AM.
DVCERSINCEDAY1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:35 PM   #154
goldilocks_63
Two Bedroom

Talking squirrels

I have 4 squirrels in my yard that I feed once a week thru Chicago winters, so they do well.

THey look fat and happy, but complain a lot with sharing the front yard with my cat.

I think they have pretty much reached an agreement, but this morning there was a scuffle....

Sammy the squirrel chirping loudly and throwing down large hickory nuts at the cat.

Kitty ran into house.

That was my morning before work.

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 02:55 PM   #155
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCERSINCEDAY1 View Post
about 2.5 years ago, my senior dog mauled this little munk, killed her sibling. i was clueless, left her outside in a box overnight in april, nearly froze to death. she was lying there on her back with her mouth open with a broken leg the next morning...near death.

i rushed out, got some recommended milk, dropper fed her, kept her warm...amazingly she recovered over some months. after a month or so, i got her a huge four level cage and it's captive heaven. she has a view outside, a little pool, lots of toys and places to hide and sleep and a good captive life. she has adapted well. i put big rollers (cardboard) everywhere and she runs through them and hides. she also likes to play (hurt) with my hand and a swifter duster. i was afraid a hawk would get her if i released her. periodically she begins chortling/chirping loudly for a mate. that makes me sad, but we all can live without a mate if need be.

it's worked out well, she lets me hold her/pet her when stuffing her cheeks, has gotten out several times, but i kept her confined to one room, eventually she came back to the cage.

i fell in love with a rodent.

Love it!!
Your chipmunk sounds like he is living the disney chipmunk life :-)
That is the BEST story!!