home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-08-2017, 09:59 AM   #21
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney54us View Post
I guess it depends on where the flight originates. Frontier has several nonstop flights daily as SW does from my airport. Not sure about mechanical issues because the planes I have flown on Frontier, have all been new airbuses some as new as 10 days old. Now alligient on the other hand is another story.

Thanksgiving is the 23rd. Thanksgiving Eve is the most traveled day.
I was about to say that about Thanksgiving too! The day after Thanksgiving didn't seem too bad to my BIL who flew out. The Sat and Sun after are busier IMO

Very true about where flights go. If Frontier had more flights in a day we'd look more. They don't so we do not look. Allegiant is worse here but until both step up in our airport, we will fly Southwest as they have the most direct to our most traveled destinations.

So I guess I will change my answer to if there is onky one flight a day or less, I would not use them for a cruise. If they have a few and not taking the last one in, I'd use them.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:47 AM   #22
MamaB24
One Bedroom

Valid points on all accounts. I am not of the "never fly them" mentality (though I am of the only fly when I have to period mentality ). We still use Frontier for flights. DH has never had an issue with plane or service. The OP was flying in for a cruise, and I find that Frontier has limited flight schedules. Two things we consider before we book: how many flights and flight times. Unfortunately, out of the Ohio airports, Frontier often has only one flight per day which limits the backup plan. I would not want to stress about finding a new flight the same day because I have a cruise the next day. Too much money on the table for a cruise. We were also bummed that Frontier changed their schedule. What used to be an evening flight is now at 2:15pm. This means an extra day of vacation time used in order to book the cheaper flight. It all comes down to cost-benefit analysis for the traveler. For us, sometimes Frontier makes sense. For holiday travel with a cruise on the line, I'm not comfortable rolling the dice. Good luck! And have a great cruise!!!

OKW since 2016
"Tricky fish! Tricky fish!"
MamaB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:56 PM   #23
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysseijo View Post
I could be wrong but I don't think an airline can cancel or delay a flight without good reason.

I've used Frontier at least 10 times and never had a delay or cancellation.

I've had a delay every single time I've used United though.
Well, "a good reason" can be anything.

There really aren't US regulations on why you can or can't cancel or delay a flight.
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:43 PM   #24
elfbo
One Bedroom

4 hour delay with frontier because "The door fell off". We had to wait for them to repair the door (no they didnt give us a different plane). And I had the most terrifying flight ever worrying if the door was going to fall off while we were in flight. I found out afterwards, it was the door between the pilots and passenger, not the outside.

Flew with them one more time because of a voucher from that previous trip. 2nd leg of the flight got cancelled sometime after takeoff of the first leg. Flight hours or something for the crew was stated reason. I got to sleep in an airport chair. Fun stuff.

So I avoid frontier like a plague, not to mention, factoring in all of the fees for different things they charge you, makes the flight a good $75 or more of the initial fare. So the price isnt even competitive for me.
elfbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:04 PM   #25
Disney dreaming
One Bedroom

No and fly in day before for sure
Disney dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:37 AM   #26
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
Well, "a good reason" can be anything.

There really aren't US regulations on why you can or can't cancel or delay a flight.
Except that, since they invariably need the aircraft at the far end to avoid further schedule snafus, they have self-motivated (if nothing else) reasons not to cancel. So, IME. the "reasons" are pretty objectively good.

Cheers.