home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-11-2019, 01:12 PM   #41
twingirls
Two Bedroom

Personally just put a washer and dryer in the studios and I would be happy with more studios. We are a family of 4 and for a week PVB studio is fine.
twingirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:34 PM   #42
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingirls View Post
Personally just put a washer and dryer in the studios and I would be happy with more studios. We are a family of 4 and for a week PVB studio is fine.
That's the problem. Too many people are happy with the studios, so they are hard to get! Don't make them harder . . .

(Though I, too, would love a washer/dryer in them.)

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:43 PM   #43
cedel47
Studio

Quote:
That is the one gripe I have for the studios in PVB. The bathroom with the toilet seems to have a lot of wasted space. They should of slid the toilet closer to the tub and boxed out a closet facing the hallway with a stack-able washer/dryer.
cedel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #44
Buzz Lightyear Towers
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedel47 View Post
That is the one gripe I have for the studios in PVB. The bathroom with the toilet seems to have a lot of wasted space. They should of slid the toilet closer to the tub and boxed out a closet facing the hallway with a stack-able washer/dryer.
I believe this was to make the studios accessible to wheelchairs/scooters.

AKV, BLT, BWV, and PVB are my home resorts. :
Buzz Lightyear Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 02:06 PM   #45
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedel47 View Post
OMG killing me you're on vacation very carefully ... step away from the W/D ... go on ... back up ... it's gonna be OK .
Old 09-11-2019, 02:42 PM   #46
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
That's the problem. Too many people are happy with the studios, so they are hard to get! Don't make them harder . . .

(Though I, too, would love a washer/dryer in them.)

Dirk
There is a part of me that wishes they would really lean on building studios for the sake of balancing out some of the demand. We are still a 1br family most of the time, but we will enter the 'mostly studio' crowd in the next 6-8 years. It would be nice to have a little more parody in the desirability of rooms - especially at the more 'adult' times (F&W, F&G, etc...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
OMG killing me you're on vacation very carefully ... step away from the W/D ... go on ... back up ... it's gonna be OK .
For us, it's not about being on vacation, it's about being able to pack a little lighter knowing you can run a load or two if need be.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:28 PM   #47
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
There is a part of me that wishes they would really lean on building studios for the sake of balancing out some of the demand. We are still a 1br family most of the time, but we will enter the 'mostly studio' crowd in the next 6-8 years. It would be nice to have a little more parody in the desirability of rooms - especially at the more 'adult' times (F&W, F&G, etc...)...
I had a room that was so small, the mice were hunchbacked!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:10 PM   #48
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Lightyear Towers View Post
I believe this was to make the studios accessible to wheelchairs/scooters.
I don't think so, they have always been ridiculously huge. Even before the conversion to DVC
Old 09-11-2019, 04:16 PM   #49
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
~For us, it's not about being on vacation, it's about being able to pack a little lighter knowing you can run a load or two if need be.
I will admit to over-packing but I justify it by fitting everything in my under the seat carry-on . I had to get rid of the over-head carry-on because I can't heft that boulder over my head.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:17 PM   #50
tzb
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

i'm fairly certain they cannot build any new structures on the land at the poly for environmental reasons/restrictions. that's the reason they converted existing long-houses to dvc and gutted them. and that's the reason the only new structures were over the water bungalows. that's what we were told by a dvc rep on site.
tzb is offline   Reply With Quote