home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-11-2019, 09:04 AM   #11
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCQUEEN View Post
Can someone post the link please.

Only way to go at this point.

Now if they start selling TS fixed weeks with a discount, Iím in!
Hereís the one I saw:
https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-pr...les-incentives
Old 09-11-2019, 09:48 AM   #12
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about them allowing fixed weeks to get the discount at this point, since we were told that it wasn't possible. Discounts change, of course, but given that there are only a few tower studios I hope that they don't allow those to be sold as fixed weeks at all still.

I may well have purchased a fixed week in a standard studio with a second contract on top to hit the incentive mark, but that ship has sailed. Probably never would have used the fixed week anyway
pdude81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:00 AM   #13
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Thank you!

Not surprised the last 6 weeks of the year are popular for fixed weeks.
Doesnít make sense for a good 35 weeks out of the year.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:32 AM   #14
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Sigh. Riviera sales are doing just fine: https://dvcnews.com/index.php/other-...-other-resorts

I’m so tired of hearing how awful sales must be for Riviera every time DVD does anything. Maybe the same was said about Copper Creek every time they announced anything, but I don’t remember that. Any reports about the sales doing poorly are just rumors and are incorrect when you look at the actual hard data. Resorts never sell out as quickly as Disney wants (CCV still isn’t truly sold out despite being labeled as such), but they aren’t struggling by any means. Riviera is a big resort. They’re always trying to break sales records and sell the largest DVC resort offered for direct sales in some time. CCV, Poly, and VGF are all much smaller. The sales volumes are the same, but they have more to sell. It’s simple math. They need to really push the volume of sales to get this larger resort sold out close to the time Reflections sales come online.

I do think they were overconfident in starting construction of Reflections so soon. They should’ve waited a few more years. Riviera is much larger and will take longer to sell. Add in the resale restriction, and they’ve shot themselves in the foot when trying to sell a large resort at a faster pace than any in the past. However, Reflections will have a large hotel component, so maybe they’re hoping to weather the longer sales storm with hotel revenue.
?

There are sales numbers and there are expected sales numbers. From the rumblings the expected is not equaling what they wanted and that’s all we’re talking about as you go on to cover. It’s an important distinction. PVB also had trouble meeting the expected numbers but not necessarily too of the numbers that had come prior although as I recall it was not quite as good as VGF and management recognized that may have been due to no 1 & 2 bedrooms. So PVB got a good kick with more incentives added. I think CCV surprised them after PVB and they got cocky again.

They have never been in a habit of offering more incentives if they are happy with sales.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #15
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
?

There are sales numbers and there are expected sales numbers. From the rumblings the expected is not equaling what they wanted and thatís all weíre talking about as you go on to cover. Itís an important distinction. PVB also had trouble meeting the expected numbers but not necessarily too of the numbers that had come prior although as I recall it was not quite as good as VGF and management recognized that may have been due to no 1 & 2 bedrooms. So PVB got a good kick with more incentives added. I think CCV surprised them after PVB and they got cocky again.

They have never been in a habit of offering more incentives if they are happy with sales.
I keep seeing people say Riviera sales arenít doing well, and it must be because of the resale restriction. There is a large difference between doing badly and moving at the normal pace. These resorts never sell as quickly as they want. Their expectations donít align with reality. The stupidity behind the thought that the resale restrictions wonít negatively impact sales is baffling. What truly amazes me is that the sales arenít slower than previous properties considering all the doom and gloom Iíve read. Continuing to have resale restrictions really does seem like theyíre cutting off their nose to spite their face if what they want is record sales at a record pace. Bottom line from my perspective: Sales are doing fine, but if what they want is exceptional sales, then remove the idiotic resale restriction.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:29 PM   #16
pdude81
Grand Villa

To the OP, since I glossed over your initial concerns:

Definitely ask again if this is something that you want. I don't think you'll have much issue getting rooms at Riviera since it's so big and there are no bungalows/cabins to skewing the point mixes. And I believe they already set up their point chart to look like they want to do across the board in the coming years, so studio and 1BR should be roughly the same point cost down the line.

The benefit IMO of getting a fixed week is if you like the location but don't care about having a parking lot view. Those standard view rooms are going to be tougher to book for race weeks or F&W if you regularly travel at the busy times. So if you choose to get a fixed week, grab one of those and then you can convert over to points should you want a preferred view or just a different time of year.
pdude81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:24 PM   #17
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

It will be interesting to see what information the further inquiry obtains. I never did see a good quote on the source for the info of discounting fixed weeks. Usually reliable sources were stating that but it didn't seem as verified as other things and I wondered if it all came from a single reference that may or may not have been correct.

Guess we'll see what OP offered!
Old 09-11-2019, 01:25 PM   #18
The.disney.couple
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
I think purchasing a fixed week is a smart move. Push for that incentive if it was really offered. My guide had no clue, but he was upfront and admitted it! He had to get several clarifications for me. Actually, the week I wanted wasnít available ( week 49). I told him only way Iím buying is to get that week. A day later ( miraculously), management opened up that week.

Best of luck!
Hahaha, this was us too!

I told my guide I wanted week 52 but he said it wasnít available. A day later management opened up my week too. Weíre so lucky!

Check out my disney photography
https://www.instagram.com/the.disney.couple/?hl=en
The.disney.couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:18 PM   #19
MouseMagic
Studio

Hi all - I spoke with my guide this morning, at Disney, and he was apologetic.

The answer is YES the fixed weeks qualify. So this is what I am going forward with and I am very excited this looks like it will work out (FINALLY) for us... DVC has been a long time dream/goal.

Apparently in the past the sales team wanted to be able to offer this with the fixed weeks and it was a hard NO, so this was a good news for him as well.
MouseMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #20
DVCQUEEN
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMagic View Post
Hi all - I spoke with my guide this morning, at Disney, and he was apologetic.

The answer is YES the fixed weeks qualify. So this is what I am going forward with and I am very excited this looks like it will work out (FINALLY) for us... DVC has been a long time dream/goal.

Apparently in the past the sales team wanted to be able to offer this with the fixed weeks and it was a hard NO, so this was a good news for him as well.
Awesome!
What week did you decide on if you donít mind sharing?

Thank you for asking this question as I completely missed this news.
DVCQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote