home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-07-2019, 03:50 PM   #51
capeokw56
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
The food options look ok. Are they going to refill them when they run out? It says food will be served twice during the games. For $50 there should always be something to snack on. I would try this on arrival day as Southwest has changed our flights and taking away 3 hrs of park time. We also have to worry about the flex game. Patriots vs KC will probably be moved to the night game.
Go Pats!
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:55 PM   #52
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post

The Cowboys?!

Detroit, Cowboys, Vikings in the top three. A rather eclectic team list!

I'm rather fickle about teams other than the Vikings and I will like and watch them based on players that I like at the time. Except Green Bay. I will never like Green Bay. I will watch them to cheer for the other team no matter who that team is.
My two favorite "special operations" teams are whoever is playing the team from Wisconsin and whoever is playing the team from the east coast, near our nations capitol.
kzrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 05:08 PM   #53
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

DH sent me the link yesterday...he's never forwarded any kind of Disney extra expense option...so he must be interested. If we find ourselves there on a Sat afternoon in the fall, might consider it, but SOOO hard to give up precious park time (or pool time), hard to know what time our team will play tho…

Geaux Tigers!
(since my family is from So Alabama, I did grow up w Bear Bryant stuff all over our house, despite the fact we lived in So Louisiana, so blasphemously I still will say Roll Tide...unless they're playing our alma mater and home team, LSU....then I just can't watch)
But DD has all intentions on wearing the ORANGE for the Univ/Tennessee! that'll be a big change from our purple/gold for sure!

And GEAUX SAINTS!!! Who dat!
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:12 PM   #54
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Finally a good use at a good price for Reunion Station
Old 09-07-2019, 07:59 PM   #55
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
$100 for both of us to attend a TV football game? Nope, I’ll put that money towards a ticket.
We'll spend less than $100 to have lunch or dinner at Geyser Point or Territory Lounge. And we'll get to watch USC if they are in a bowl game without paying extra.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:27 AM   #56
PHILSFAN77
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post
We'll spend less than $100 to have lunch or dinner at Geyser Point or Territory Lounge. And we'll get to watch USC if they are in a bowl game without paying extra.
The key will be how much food they truly offer during the 2 servings. If it's enough for a meal, then you would need to eat lunch and dinner at geyser point or territory lounge for equal value, which isn't possible when including 4 alcoholic beverages. Reality is, for one meal if you were to get 2 drinks each ($30 low end if you both get small beers and $52 high end for mixed drinks) and an entre each (pry about $25 for 2 cheapest meals or $36 most expensive) with no dessert or appetizers and then including tax $4-$7, and tip $12-$18 you'd come out for just 1 meal at Geyser Point or Territory Lounge at $70 on the low end and $107 on the high end. For us personally, and knowing what we would order at the Lounge to split (wings, sliders, nachos - $43) and 4 drinks (2 beers for me and 2 mixed for her $40) - we'd pry be right around $100 or more for just dinner after Tip and taxes.

For my wife and I, we are holding off on booking to get some feedback from people who go in the next few weeks. Our tentative plan is to book when we are there in December. Do MK in the morning, boat over the RS/WL, watch the 1PM games (49ers and Saints hopefully) eat lunch and have a drink. When that game ends, go back to MK for a couple hours and then return around 6ish for the 2nd half of the 4pm games (hopefully chiefs/patriots) eat dinner and have our 2nd drink, and then head to TOTWL for fireworks.

Last edited by PHILSFAN77; 09-12-2019 at 10:42 AM.
PHILSFAN77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:53 PM   #57
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILSFAN77 View Post
The key will be how much food they truly offer during the 2 servings. If it's enough for a meal, then you would need to eat lunch and dinner at geyser point or territory lounge for equal value, which isn't possible when including 4 alcoholic beverages. Reality is, for one meal if you were to get 2 drinks each ($30 low end if you both get small beers and $52 high end for mixed drinks) and an entre each (pry about $25 for 2 cheapest meals or $36 most expensive) with no dessert or appetizers and then including tax $4-$7, and tip $12-$18 you'd come out for just 1 meal at Geyser Point or Territory Lounge at $70 on the low end and $107 on the high end. For us personally, and knowing what we would order at the Lounge to split (wings, sliders, nachos - $43) and 4 drinks (2 beers for me and 2 mixed for her $40) - we'd pry be right around $100 or more for just dinner after Tip and taxes.

For my wife and I, we are holding off on booking to get some feedback from people who go in the next few weeks. Our tentative plan is to book when we are there in December. Do MK in the morning, boat over the RS/WL, watch the 1PM games (49ers and Saints hopefully) eat lunch and have a drink. When that game ends, go back to MK for a couple hours and then return around 6ish for the 2nd half of the 4pm games (hopefully chiefs/patriots) eat dinner and have our 2nd drink, and then head to TOTWL for fireworks.
I think we're going to do it in Dec too. They don't do Sundays in Sept for some reason and we have our Saturdays all booked up with stuff already. Plus DH HAS to see his Buckeyes so if they don't show them it will be bad. Still waiting to see what time Buckeyes play on Sept 28 and we might be able to do it that day though we have a 7pm dinner at Toledo that night.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): Sept 27-Oct 6 BWV&SSR / Dec 19-21 AKV GV & Dec 21-28 Vistana / May 9-13, 2020 HHI
Next cruise(s): July 11, 2020 HAL Amsterdam & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:00 PM   #58
FessParker1
Grand Villa

December here also. Waiting for more info after it starts up from someone who has actually gone.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:08 PM   #59
MMC1
Grand Villa

Don’t forget to check out the Epcot/ ESPN Food and Wine Tailgates on certain Dates
November17 for all KC Chiefs Fans!
Must pre-register and pay $19.95

Last edited by MMC1; 09-12-2019 at 02:26 PM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 05:33 AM   #60
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Don’t forget to check out the Epcot/ ESPN Food and Wine Tailgates on certain Dates
November17 for all KC Chiefs Fans!
Must pre-register and pay $19.95

Wow....who picked those games?

• Sunday, September 8, 2019
    Denver Broncos vs Oakland Raiders
  • Sunday, September 15, 2019
    Cleveland Browns vs New York Jets
  • Sunday, September 22, 2019
    Chicago Bears vs Washington Redskins
  • Sunday, September 29, 2019
    Cincinnati Bengals vs Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Sunday, October 6, 2019