home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-14-2021, 11:39 PM   #31
cali09
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by John2247 View Post
We had the same experience when we charted a Fishing Excursion. But what about when you pay with a credit card rather than using your Magic Band.
That is the question. It never seemed to rise to the top of Disney's priority list to provide a way to automatically apply a discount you are eligible for in their the IT systems, regardless of method of payment.

If one were cynical or a pragmatic realist, you might think it was a deliberate choice to let the "friction" for guests remain to lessen the number of guests using the discount because they forgot to ask, didn't want to hassle with it, and/or didn't have their card.

Even though my AP and my DVC status is in my Disneyland account, I need to show my AP or DVC card and my photo ID to receive discounts for which I am eligible. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

"to educate a person in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt

Last edited by cali09; 09-14-2021 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Grammar
cali09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:22 AM   #32
mark0157
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan0805 View Post
Funny thing is that I haven't had, nor requested, a physical card in probably 5+ years. I simply save a screenshot onto my phone and it's with me wherever I go. Had no idea there was any time of a uniform expiration and or normal 'resending' of cards that was anticipated. The only physical card that I received without a request was when we purchased in 2008.
I used to show a really old blue card because I lost my new one and once cast member told me to hang on to it because apparently, they don't make them that way anymore (it was the one that had the overlay on it).

Ours expire in Nov. 2021, so I haven't requested a new one because I'm hoping they just send them soon! They change the design every time they send, so wondering if there will be something special for the 50th!
mark0157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:22 AM   #33
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali09 View Post
Even though my AP and my DVC status is in my Disneyland account, I need to show my AP or DVC card and my photo ID to receive discounts for which I am eligible. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.
This, for me, is the more notable change of late. Historically, we were typically required to show the card AND an ID for the discounts/privileges. For this reason, it really didn't matter if it was on the MDE profile and apparent on a MB scan, as the ID was required anyway.

More recently, it seems the ID thing has disappeared. We simply showed the blue card (on my phone) and nothing more every time. So, if they are no longer requiring ID, there's really no excuse for not having it adjust automatically by MB scan.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:28 AM   #34
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
More recently, it seems the ID thing has disappeared. We simply showed the blue card (on my phone) and nothing more every time. So, if they are no longer requiring ID, there's really no excuse for not having it adjust automatically by MB scan.
The official policy hasn't changed. ID is required for any discount. If the CM is not asking for it, that's a training issue (or just a lazy CM).
Old 09-15-2021, 09:30 AM   #35
bakerworld
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
This, for me, is the more notable change of late. Historically, we were typically required to show the card AND an ID for the discounts/privileges. For this reason, it really didn't matter if it was on the MDE profile and apparent on a MB scan, as the ID was required anyway.

I thought I read somewhere Disney Stores weren't accepting digital renditions of the membership care?
Old 09-15-2021, 09:42 AM   #36
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
The official policy hasn't changed. ID is required for any discount. If the CM is not asking for it, that's a training issue (or just a lazy CM).
We were there for 8 days - used it in the parks and the Springs for dining and shopping. Was never once asked for the card.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:45 AM   #37
Mickeyfan0805
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
I thought I read somewhere Disney Stores weren't accepting digital renditions of the membership care?
There was an issue with this when the digital cards first came out, but I've used them without issue for a number of years. Directly from the DVC website...

Need your Membership Card now? Use this digital version that will be valid for 3 months from the date you access the card. Just show a printed copy or screenshot to enjoy your Membership Extras.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:19 AM   #38
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Iím not saying that they canít, but I think it would be hard to take blue card status away from current resale holders. Just my 0.2.
I see it as 0.02 but with inflation maybe it is 0.20
ajc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 03:56 PM   #39
DVCjj
Grand Villa

Default Just got reply from DVC re Blue Cards

Am I able to just cut and paste? Never did and wanted to check before I do.
DVCjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:00 PM   #40
OffToTheMouse
Two Bedroom

We spent 14 days in WDW in Aug. I was only asked for the Blue card in a handful of times using it. Epcot Lounge and CapeMay were 2 definites. But many others did not ask for it.

Maybe it is on file or they just were lazy. No way to tell.
OffToTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote