home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-14-2021, 09:12 AM   #31
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Are they the cookies in the red box? When hubby or DD needs a “fix,” Walgreens sells the plain shortbread version, but not chocolate dipped. Just a thought…
Old 09-14-2021, 08:38 PM   #32
DMKEDM
One Bedroom

Yes, Mindy, "my" cookies are in a red box...and they are readily available (w/out the chocolate dip) in my area grocery stores, too...but it's the chocolate dip that makes them irresistible to me (that and the fact that they only place I've ever found them is at WDW)...

By the way, hope you read this tonight...got an email from Disney Events this afternoon telling me what I need to bring for my AP "squeak preview" on Thursday...and on top of my AP card and a photo ID, they said I needed a printed-out copy of my reservation...

Don't know about you, but I don't bring a printer w/me when I come to WDW...so I moseyed on over to OKW's torn-up check in area where the two NICEST CMs ever went way above and beyond to help me out...of course my cell phone (or my laptop for that matter) is not hooked up to Disney's/OKW's printer...so the two of them (a newish CM and her "coordinator" fiddled and fussed w/the technology and finally wound up forwarding the reservation emails (I had them do the DVC reservation too on the theory that I might get that same "you need a printed-out copy of your reservation" that they were requiring for my AP reservation) to themselves and then printing it out from their own email accounts...sadly for them (it was at a time when I wasn't doing anything else, so it wasn't a big deal for me), the OKW printer was down, too...anyway, after almost an hour (during which I got to do some shopping and snacking while they toiled away on my project), they managed to print out my email confirmations...

So, if you read this tonight, print out your squeak preview reservation confirmation email and save yourself a hassle when you get to BRV (unless, of course, you travel w/your own printer)...

It's been a great day here at our happy place...still had work to do, but much less of it...friends & I went to Universal/IoA this morning (I did Harry Potter Land and then left for Hollywood Studios...there's just nothing else at U/IoA I like enough to stay away from Disney)...they're still there. I, however, enjoyed some ride-free time (I was hot, tired and not in the mood for even short lines--and the lines were short) wandering around HS...came back to OKW, got the above-described squeak preview email and dealt with that...took care of some work and then caught a quick (an hour or so) nap...revitalized, I then caught a bus to Disney Springs, where I got an Anna doll for my 3-year-old niece's b-day present (just what she requested), and had a yummy Earl of Sandwich holiday turkey sandwich...did some more wandering (enjoyed a couple of bands playing at DS), and then caught a bus back to OKW. I'm now ready for Disney Sleep #3, feeling really really good...

Mindy, hope you have a smooth easy trip "home" tomorrow...and hope our paths cross while you're/we're here (we leave Sunday morning)...sweet dreams everyone...Dani
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:49 PM   #33
bjackowski
One Bedroom

Enjoying your report - thanks for sharing!
bjackowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 11:28 PM   #34
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMKEDM View Post

got an email from Disney Events this afternoon telling me what I need to bring for my AP "squeak preview" on Thursday...and on top of my AP card and a photo ID, they said I needed a printed-out copy of my reservation...

So, if you read this tonight, print out your squeak preview reservation confirmation email and save yourself a hassle when you get to BRV (unless, of course, you travel w/your own printer)...
Glad you mentioned this. We have an AP preview scheduled for the 24th and the confirmation email suggested we print it out at the time. We don’t travel with a printer either so printed it and it’s been packed in my suitcase ever since. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 09-15-2021, 04:53 PM   #35
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Loving your trip report. We are scheduled to go to OKW end of October and then over to CCV. Since the boat is not running to DS from OKW..how far is the walk? I know it isn't bad from SSR but does anyone know how long it is from OKW? Thinking maybe doing that at least 1 way unless we are too tired.

ME Nicole ,DH , DS : , DD , DD
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:21 PM   #36
bubster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi from RI View Post
Loving your trip report. We are scheduled to go to OKW end of October and then over to CCV. Since the boat is not running to DS from OKW..how far is the walk? I know it isn't bad from SSR but does anyone know how long it is from OKW? Thinking maybe doing that at least 1 way unless we are too tired.
I think the boats could be running in late October. Port Orleans is supposed to be opening soon and the boats are supposed to return at that time. Here’s hoping.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:42 AM   #37
DMKEDM
One Bedroom

It's just a bit less than 1 mile from where the path to DS starts (between Buildings 55 and 56 in the Southpoint section) ... so it takes me (depending on how hot/humid it is and therefore how slow I am) about 20 minutes...

Yesterday was a great day...Did Magic Kingdom in the morning...got there just a bit after 9 and rode Pirates, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Seven Dwarves and Philharmagic all before 11...longest wait was 20 minutes at 7 Dwarves...came back to the Villa after a Grand Floridian Cafe lunch, did some work, and got ready for dinner...

Had dinner at California Grill (excellent!) where the waitress told us they are NOT shutting down during their upcoming refurbishment...

Today is HS. We did not get a boarding pass when we tried right at 7, but are hopeful we'll get one at 1...my friend has work calls at 9:30 and 12, so maybe it's just as well that we didn't get the early round of boarding passes...and we can try again tomorrow and/or Saturday...but it's not a #1 priority for either of us...plus, I get to go over to Epcot by noon to do my AP preview ride of Ratatouille...tomorrow is the DVC preview ride that I get to take my friends with me for...

We have dinner reservations tonight at Yachtsman's...gonna be another great day in Paradise!
Old 09-16-2021, 07:44 PM   #38
DMKEDM
One Bedroom

Quick end-of-day update...we did not get boarding passes for RotR at 1 either...oh, well; we'll try again Saturday.

I rode (by myself as my friend does not have an AP) Ratatouille on the AP preview ... I was not particularly impressed. It's an ok ride; I wouldn't refuse to go on it if I were with people who wanted to ride it. But I certainly wouldn't seek it out myself, or wait very long to ride it. Technology-wise, it's a lot like Mickey/Minnie's Runaway Railroad (which we rode this morning), but MMRR is a much more entertaining (to me anyway) experience...my friends and I ride it again tomorrow (on my DVC preview perk)...I will be interested in their judgement...

Just back from an excellent dinner at Yachtsman's...friend had filet mignon; I had prime rib...their rolls remain among the best rolls ever, but the green beans were a bit too crunchy for my taste...could have sent them back for a quick zap in the microwave to soften them up, but didn't. Instead, I brought the leftovers back to the villa w/me where I'll zap them myself in the microwave...problem solved!

The heat got to me today; I'm drooping a bit now...early-to-bed for me tonight...it's still beyond wonderful to be here...
Old 09-16-2021, 08:19 PM   #39
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMKEDM View Post
Quick end-of-day update...we did not get boarding passes for RotR at 1 either...oh, well; we'll try again Saturday.

I rode (by myself as my friend does not have an AP) Ratatouille on the AP preview ... I was not particularly impressed. It's an ok ride; I wouldn't refuse to go on it if I were with people who wanted to ride it. But I certainly wouldn't seek it out myself, or wait very long to ride it. Technology-wise, it's a lot like Mickey/Minnie's Runaway Railroad (which we rode this morning), but MMRR is a much more entertaining (to me anyway) experience...my friends and I ride it again tomorrow (on my DVC preview perk)...I will be interested in their judgement...

Just back from an excellent dinner at Yachtsman's...friend had filet mignon; I had prime rib...their rolls remain among the best rolls ever, but the green beans were a bit too crunchy for my taste...could have sent them back for a quick zap in the microwave to soften them up, but didn't. Instead, I brought the leftovers back to the villa w/me where I'll zap them myself in the microwave...problem solved!

The heat got to me today; I'm drooping a bit now...early-to-bed for me tonight...it's still beyond wonderful to be here...
Really enjoying your report! We felt the same way about Ratatouille - MMRR more enjoyable!
Old 09-17-2021, 07:11 AM   #40
Raspus
Grand Villa

Enjoying your report. Sounds like you’re having a great time.
Raspus is online now   Reply With Quote